“not your run of the mill winery” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 33 Activities in Leesburg
Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
York, PA
“not your run of the mill winery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I have been to a lot of VA wineries and only so many of them make our list of " definate returns.". This winery had a very different feel from many others. A lot of black and metal, modern decor, and many "man" references like Ozzy and Chuck Norris. Definately meant to appeal to all genders. When I realized that all of the wine was steel barreled I wasn't so sure I'd like it. I usually drink only wine done in French oak. Personal preference. However, I think we found a new favorite red, no oak and all. The staff was very knowledgeable and funny. The local food offerings were delicious. The ambiance and view were outstanding. Saw lots of wildlife. The winery sits on over 400 acres so no matter how many buses come in, you can still find a place to relax and enjoy your wine. Will definately return, and soon!

Shavertown, Pennsylvania
“Winery tour in Virginia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

It was a wet and overcast day when we went to this lovely winery. I would love to go back on a bright sunny day because I know it must be absolutely gorgeous.
The tasting was very inexpensive and the young woman who took care of us was very attentive. The wines were not quite to my taste but it was a fun visit and a great way to spend a gloomy afternoon with family and friends.
We took a picnic with us but couldn't enjoy it there because there wasn't any indoor seating. That was the only down side to the entire experience. Not something to prevent a visit though.

Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA
“Beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is a great place to start a wine tasting tour. The grounds are gorgeous, the tasting rooms elegant, and the staff helpful.

Washington, DC
“Wanted refined wine afternoon - got fast food feel.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We so wanted a personal, refined, relaxed visit - Tarara was like visiting a Busch Gardens vineyard. Crowded, cheesy, rushed, uninformative, like a Chipotle of wine tastings. Tasting room smelled and uncomfortable /unwelcoming. Rushed through tasting. We did find some nice wines and bought several bottles. Had a bottle on the deck with a $25 cheese plate - shouldn't have. Huge crowd of obnoxious patrons, drunk and eating their picnics of mcdonalds. It's a winery for the masses - not the refined. Horrible waste of an afternoon.

Visited October 2012
North Potomac, Maryland, United States
4 attraction reviews
“A bit of a disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Wines were ok but service was poor. The tasting was quick and the information was minimal(odd since their website claims they love educating consumers). We had to wait for a long time after the tasting to pay (lucky for them we were honest since we could have easily walked out unnoticed). My daughter was able to get someone's attention to purchase a bottle but then staff disappeared (which they did regularly while we were there). I was going to buy some wine but decided it wasn't worth it to wait for someone to come back to serve me (and I didn't feel the need to reward poor service). There was also some kind of register malfunction so then we were told to leave and pay at another register (where we also had to wait while the gentleman served someone else outside).Luckily there are several other wineries nearby for us to patronize since we won't be back (and I'm really wondering why I even gave them 2 stars for this! I guess it's because the wine was good even though nothing else was)

Visited September 2013