“Tarara wine downgraded however still nice for concerts” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 17 activities in Leesburg
Type: Wineries
Attraction Details
Leesburg, Virginia
“Tarara wine downgraded however still nice for concerts”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Visited Tarara for the first time this season. I have probably been to this winery 100 times as it used to be my absolute favorite place to grab a bottle and relax on the deck and then head off to a nice concert. Unfortunately the wine has gone progressively down hill ever since the original owner Whitie Hubert passed in 2008. The setting remains beautiful and the summer concerts are very, very good however the wines are extremely difficult to drink and certainly not worth the price. But, what was extremely alarming from this last trip was the complete lack of product knowledge and mass confusion from the staff serving the tastings. Sometimes, good service can make up for a bad tasting wine...not this time. Sorry...I really don't like writing negative reviews...

16 attraction reviews
“Wonderful setting, ok wines.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

When we pulled up to this winery I was very impressed. It is a wonderful setting and the people were very nice. I do wish that they would tell you up front what the tasting fee would be. We actually found out when the first person in our party purchased their wine and was charged the tasting fee. I actually looked at the tasting list and all around the room to find out what the price would be. Don't get me wrong, would have paid it anyways but I do like to know up front. The wines were allright, nothing special. They did not live up to the clever descriptions on the tasting list. Now what I like in wine might be totally different from you so I would tell you to go experience it for yourself. I would go back because it might be different the next time, besides going to wineries is fun!

Sunnyside, New York
4 attraction reviews
“weekend @ the Vineyards”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

It was just beautiful. Child friendly, they have picnic tables, we had lunch in front of the lake. The wines are inexpensive, wine testing was fun. will be back

Visited May 2013
Leonardtown, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Location & Delicious Wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We celebrated completion of my first half marathon (through VA wine country) at Tarara Winery this past Saturday. Their wine was high quality and the venue for the concert was second to none. The stage hovers over the river and the hill slopes just right so there is no bad view of the concert. If ever in the Leesburg area, we'll definitely be back :)

Connecticut
11 attraction reviews
“Nice place to see a concert”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We didn't get to do a tasting here, but we did attend one of their concerts. The area is nice and overlooks a lake. They have wine for purchase, food for purchase, and port-a-potties available by the concert area. People are also allowed to bring in their own food. Bring a chair or blanket! Nice night under the stars.

Visited May 2013