“Fun.” 4 of 5 stars

Washington DC, District of Columbia
90 attraction reviews
“Fun.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I went down there to pick up my son and husband who were biking the C and O Canal trail. Once you decide from the Virginia side you are going to do it, you have to go. There is no turn around or parking lot, which I was looking for. I took the ferry over and waited in the large lot there and rode it back to the Virginia side to go home. Very fun though.

Visited November 2012

Frederick, Maryland
32 attraction reviews
“take the ferry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

It might seem silly to take the ferry, but is really is kind of fun, especially if you have a young kid with you. The White family has been operating this for generations. It is a huge money-maker for them but this doesn't detract from my fun going for the short ride.

Visited July 2012
Leesburg, Virginia
30 attraction reviews
“A fun way to cross a river”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We live in Leesburg, so we have used the ferry many times. I would use it just for the experience, but if you need to cross the Potomac, it is a fun way. They allow you to get out of the car, which is fun for kids when the weather is nice. Make sure you check to see if it is open after a huge rainstorm. Sometimes the water is too high and they have to close.

Visited March 2013
Tubingen, Germany
“How could they be so rude?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Got me across the river. The guy on the boat was remarkably rude... got his panties in a bunch because I wanted to include quarters in my payment (didn't have enough in bills). Surprising to me that someone could be so rude to a customer... even refused to give me a receipt, which is of course not legal. I'm in the area frequently, and in the future I'll avoid giving them any of my money.

Visited March 2013
Gaithersburg, Maryland
24 attraction reviews
“Going on a Sea Cruise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Well it is not exactly the song "Sea Cruise" by Frankie Ford from the 50's but is is a nice break if you are going to the Leesburg VA area from Montgomery County MD. A little pricey, but much quicker and shorter. You also get to see the Potomac from an entirely new vantage point.

Visited February 2013