“Nice Sandwich Shop, with easy in and out” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice Sandwich Shop, with easy in and out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

I live in the area, and Deli South is a great place to grab lunch when you want a quality sandwich and not the hassle of parking you get towards the historic part of town. As a native NYer, though, I am always incredibly annoyed that they aren't open on Sundays. There really just isn't anywhere to get good bagels in area, and Deli South is one of the few places you can go. But if you want to relax on a Sunday with a bagel and coffee and the paper -- you can't do it there!

Leesburg, VA
“Great breakfast or lunch spot in Leesburg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

I live in Leesburg and this is a great place for a quick bite - breakfast or lunch. We've had them cater events for us and the food is top notch. Nothing terribly fancy, just great food (especially the BBQ) at good prices.

I haven't experienced any of the poor customer service that some of the other reviewers have mentioned. I've always been helped promptly and by someone with a smile.

shannonb23
“THE best deli in Loudoun County!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2009

You know you have a great place when you walk in and can smell the food actually being cooked on site! The bagles, scones and muffins are baked in the store each and every morning! No day old stuff here...The sandwich meat is actual meat and NOT "lunchmeat"! When I ordered my roast beef sandwich, they actually took the roast and sliced it before my eyes! When my wife asked what brand of turkey they used (she wanted it for home) they said they roast it on site and slice it for sandwiches! Who does that anymore? This is the best place to get a sandwich...once you have Deli South, nothing will be the same again!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The best food & great people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

When I moved to Leesburg 10 years ago, I looked hard for a place that had NY style bagels and breakfast sandwiches. I found the answer in DeliSouth, it has the best breakfast sandwiches in Northern VA hands down, great NY style bagels with fried eggs and 2 slices of cheese. Once I was hooked on breakfast, I started going for lunch, my favorites are the Meatball Sub (the Bill Clinton), and the new Chicken Parm sandwich. The burgers are also great. Chris and his team are super friendly and know all the regular customers by name.
In an era of everything turning to corporate chains, its nice to see a family owned deli with great food thriving in leesburg.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leesburg
“Terrible customer service. Belligerent management.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

I took some family that was in-town for a visit to Deli South for lunch. There was no customer in the restaurant save my family and five or six employees working behind the counter. After waiting several minutes with no one to take our order (or acknowledging our presence) I politely told someone in the kitchen that we were ready to order. He took on a very curt tone of voice and rolled his eyes at us. That ruined it for us. We decided to leave and I took a moment to say to him (calmly) that it wasn't a great idea to roll one's eyes at customers who are asking for service. He responded by yelling at us telling us how hard he was working (I believed him judging from how stressed he was to merit a melt down) and that if I "couldn't patiently wait two minutes, pal, then there's the door!" I'm positive that I won't be going back (Puccio's in Leesburg is just as good).

• 4 of 5 stars Food