“Terrible customer service. Belligerent management.” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout
Leesburg
“Terrible customer service. Belligerent management.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

I took some family that was in-town for a visit to Deli South for lunch. There was no customer in the restaurant save my family and five or six employees working behind the counter. After waiting several minutes with no one to take our order (or acknowledging our presence) I politely told someone in the kitchen that we were ready to order. He took on a very curt tone of voice and rolled his eyes at us. That ruined it for us. We decided to leave and I took a moment to say to him (calmly) that it wasn't a great idea to roll one's eyes at customers who are asking for service. He responded by yelling at us telling us how hard he was working (I believed him judging from how stressed he was to merit a melt down) and that if I "couldn't patiently wait two minutes, pal, then there's the door!" I'm positive that I won't be going back (Puccio's in Leesburg is just as good).

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Washington D.C.
“Tasty food, horrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2009

I won't be going back to Deli South. After trying three times to get decent customer service I gave up on them. The breakfast and deli sandwiches are really good but the people handling the front counter absolutely ignore you when you are standing right in front of them and act like it is an inconvenience that you are in their restaurant. Disappointing.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere