“Great Pies” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery
Ashburn, Virginia
“Great Pies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I'll be making this place a regular stop for Thanksgiving. The pies are a little expensive but well worth the price.

Visited August 2013

75% Recommend
United States
“Quaint small shop with inflated pricing and "discouraging staff"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I went to Mom's apple Pie to purchase a banana cream pie for husband. The clerk quickly advised me I should return in two days when they are made fresh and the only one she had had to be sold by closing and then it would be thrown out and not sellable. I live in a nearby town and didn't have the luxury of coming back over in two days, so I told her I would take that one. With great reluctance, she advised me it was 50% and I finally was allowed to purchase the pie. I concluded that staff must be allowed to take home unsold items when they are on the last day of sale. This is obviously not the owner or anyone in management! The original price was $18 and while I got it for $9, it was a smaller size pie (8 or 9 inches at best). The charm of the building is adorable, but the prices are very high ($2 per cookie for my favorite one). After my last encounter, I'll stick to Sam's Club where I can get a 12" pie for about $9 that is almost as good.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Can't stay away!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Best banana cream pie in the world!!!! I swear by this! All pies are fantastic but these cream pies are phenomenal! Food Network should feature them again :)

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Marianna, Florida, United States
“Quaint bakery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Small family operation that offers delicious pies, homemade jams and other yummy baked goods. I have bought jams and fresh baked pies on several occasions. I have never been disapointed.

Visited April 2013
Manassas, Virginia
“A slice of heaven....really!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Decided to take a drive to Leesburg with a friend. Stopped that For Goodness Sake health food store. Passed this little find on my way and decided to stop on the return. Well first the store is so cute and the variety is out of this world. So many pies so little time. I tried the strawberry rhubarb, I have never tried this pie ever and I am glad that my first try was at moms. It was delicious, sweet but not to sweet and the crust just right. My friend tried the bourbon pecan, that was good too, she shared. We ordered and sat right on the one single bench in the shoppe and devoured our piece of heaven. We will definitely make the drive from Manassas again when the need for a great slice of pie is desired. This is a must try, remember it was worth the dirge from Manassas. Lol

• Visited February 2013