“Perfect place to host a wedding” 5 of 5 stars

Lansdowne Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   44050 Woodridge Parkway, Leesburg, VA 20176   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Shaker Heights, Ohio
“Perfect place to host a wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

Our daughter (and son-in-law) were married at Lansdowne last weekend and everything from the ceremony to the cocktail reception to the dinner and dancing were perfect. Lindsay Forseth made everything run seamlessly. The ceremony on the terrace was breathtakingly beautiful, the dinner was absolutely delicious; many of our guests said it was the best wedding they'd ever attended. Even though there were 5 weddings there last weekend, we felt that we were given very personal attention.The entire staff was professional, helpful, and accomodating. What a wonderful resort for a wonderful occasion.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

Offered us free breakfast and then charged us afterwards. I called and told them we had used the free coupons they had given us and they said they were not valid. We would not have eaten there without the coupons.

I would never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Seth_Petersen, Guest Relations Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, October 21, 2010
Dear james_m_f,

I truly apologize for the inconvenience regarding your rooms during your August stay. I understand that there was some confusion on our end based on your second room and a change in the package/rate on the second night. I do also understand that our Director of Operations spoke with you personally on October 20, 2010 and that the charge was credited to your account. On behalf of all parties involved at the resort, I sincerely apologize for the errors and hope that you will reconsider your opinion and will consider us in the future.

Regards,
Seth Petersen
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2010

We hosted my daughter's wedding at Lansdowne a week ago and were highly impressed with the hotel services and setting. Our guests enjoyed a dinner buffet at Stonewall's Tavern - thanks to the great food and services provide by Stefan Adams and staff. Our guests also fully enjoyed the pool, spa services and golf. The wedding/event staff were exceptional. I highly recommend Ashley Fenstermaker who went out of her way to assist us with our every need and ensure that every detail of the ceremony and reception went as planned. I highly recommend Lansdowne for a casual weekend or for the event of a lifetime. The hotel is elegant, the setting is picturesque and the staff are excellent. The bridal suite is luxurious and the hotel rooms comfortable and spacious.

• Stayed September 2010
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

We got married at Lansdowne Resort on September 18, 2010. We got engaged in April, so we were extremely pleased that we could secure a spot at Lansdowne with such short notice. We had hoped to have our reception in the club house, but since it was booked--until next year :), we had it in the Riverside Hearth. That is Lansdowne's buffet restaurant, so it is hard to visualize the space, but it was perfect. It has plenty of light and then as the sun set, the candles on the tables and on the columns around the dance floor illuminated the space. Our ceremony was held outside amid beautiful flowering trees and bushes.

Leslie, our coordinator, was helpful from day one. People asked me if I hired a wedding planner, and I said thankfully, since we have Leslie, we did not need anyone else. I jokingly called her my new bff since I would literally email her at least 3 times a week during the planning. She was always prompt with her responses and was genuinely excited about our plans and never shy about giving us suggestions.

I was pretty anxious about the wedding in the weeks before, but once we checked into Lansdowne on Friday, I was very relaxed knowing everything was taken care of. The room was set up just as I wanted. The cake matched the picture we provided.exactly and tasted great too! I am still getting comments about how excellent the food was...it was definitely not your typical wedding fair.

I wouldn't change a thing about the weekend there. We are already planning our trip back to use our assorted gift cards for hosting our wedding there. Thank you to Leslie and Lansdowne for making our day more perfect than imagined!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Centreville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

Lansdowne Resort and their event staff is amazing! Leslie and all the staff made our wedding day unforgetable. Everything went as planned without a hitch. Our guests were shocked at the quality of the food. At most big events food comes out less than hot but not here. Cannot say enough about our experiance, well worth the cost! Most of our guests stayed at the Resort Friday and Saturday. Everyone enjoyed the nightlife and relaxed vibe at the resort. The spa was amazing as well as the golf.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
New York CIty
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

We came to the Landsdowne for a bachelorette weekend- and I must say we had a GREAT time. The resort is clearly a destination in itself, as there is not a whole alot around it- There were some great wineiries and antique shops nearby, but otherwise, i wouldnt consider it a vacation destination because of the city, the resort however is very nice. Spotlessley clean and smells of an upscale spa when you walk inside. All the staff were very kind with the exception of the bar staff who were a bit gruff and maybe overworked, there were tons of events happening that night ,so i think they were stretched thin making drinks in the main bar in the lobby. The Pool is fantastic as well, great waterslides and a neat zero entry pool that you can just stroll into!! There was a indoor pool, and there seemed to be ALOT of chlorine in all of them, I can still smell it after showering a day later!! Rooms were very well decorated, but had an odd smell of friction, like something was burning but didnt cause us alarm, it was probably the A/C. We were in a great corner room the -03 rooms with two double beds and a huge balcony overlooking the Potomac and the surrounding forest. All in all we had a great time and the resort is beautiful with gracious staff. Another nice thing was when we had to leave early they had free coffee set up so you could grab a cup to go. Great touch!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

This resort speaks for itself. It is nicely located between two shopping areas and the service there is amazing. The resort was clean, the employees were friendly and very helpful and it was a very relaxing atmosphere.

If I had to say anything bad about the resort, I would say that the specialty drink prices were a little high and the beds were not comfortable for what you are paying to stay there. We woke up every night with small back pains. But overall, I will give it a 5 star rating. As an travel agent, I would recommend this Resort to all my clients trying to get away. And I will definitely visit it again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Lansdowne Resort? Share your experiences!