“HORRIBLE!!! BED BUGS!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Leesburg
Maryland
“HORRIBLE!!! BED BUGS!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2006

Horrible. I booked the hotel because I heard it was fabulous. I booked the family escape which gave us two rooms (1 for the kids and 1 for the adults) sounds good...well we get there the hotel is freezing (ok no biggie right) we check into the rooms and it smells as soon as you open the door...we asked the staff tochange everything and they did. still same smell. we took a shower and put on one of the robes went to bed woke up the next morning with bug bites all over our body!!! yes the king size bed was infested! the kids room thank goodness (two twins) they didn't have any. the menu sucked too...not enough variety...the spa well if you're used to elizabeth arden don't waste your time there either. the rooms needed to be upgraded ...i know the hotel is close to leisure world but perhaps that's their market. so overall - rooms have bed bugs and they need to be upgraded, menu needs more variety, turn down the ac! in the hotel lobby...wash the linen in different detergent...never will go again and definitely will never recommend

• Liked — valet
  • Disliked — rooms! room service! menu!
  • Tips/Secrets — choose another golf resort
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

643 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2006

We have stayed there the last three years for our anniversary. We love the rooms. Very attractive. Only complaint would be the lighting or lack of it. The pools are nice for couples or if you are traveling with kids. I would love to know how someone got a rate of 109 per night!! We have always paid in the upper 100's or low 200's for one night which is pricey but it is a nice get-away!

• Liked — the room accesories
  • Disliked — the bed was a little hard
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
DC/NOVA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2006

We recently stayed at Lansdowne as part of a wedding weekend. The hotel is lovely, the public areas very nice and the catered food was delicious. The breakfast buffet was adequate but not fabulous. As a matter of fact, by 10:30 they had run out of many items and were not replenishing the platters in spite of the fact that the brunch didn't close until 11.
My biggest complaint is the rooms. For the special rate of $165 plus resort fee (exercise room, newspaper and self-parking) we got an average room, with not enough towels and those we got wouldn't dry. There was a ratty rug on the bathroom floor that didn't match the colors (couldn't figure why it was there) and the a/c did not work well. In addition, the tub did not drain properly.
All in all, it was fine for a place to stay because the wedding was there but I would not go out of my way to stay there.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2006

I'd been hearing how great Lansdowne was from co-workers and friends, and now having been for myself I can say I don't agree at all. This is a "resort" stuck in the middle of an office park, not the spacious grounds I was expecting. The lobby was nice, and the breakfast buffet was probably the best part of my visit. The "quiet pool" was closed because of a lack of lifeguards so we were forced to sun with all the noisy families and splashing kids. And our room was one with a lovely load bearing beam splitting the window in two tiny parts. For all the hype and the price, I expect much more.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Upper Marlboro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2006

My husband and I went for our anniversary and it was wonderful. Very relaxing and a great place to get away, without actually have to get on an airplane. The rooms were very nice. The hotel is decorated beautifully. The spa is AMAZING. My only gripe is the cost...of the food. The breakfast in the Riverside Hearth was included in our package, and the food was great. For our anniversary dinner, we ate at Lansdowne Grille, and I wasn't impressed, especially for the price. I ordered the special, which was Mahi Mahi...the portion was small, and it was way overcooked. The ambiance was great, and the live perfomer was excellent. There are lots of restaurants and a premium outlet mall hearby, so there's plenty to do. The staff was very friendly, and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2006
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2006

my wife and I spent the Easter Hoiliday at the resort. The new spa is awesome. The Golf course and rooms were outstanding. The area is a little snooty but the people seemed very nice along the way. For $109.00 a nihgt you can't beat it.

Great TIme.

• Stayed April 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2006

Very elegant resort. Beautifully decorated with modern and cozy colors. It's obvious that management and owners have a very good vision for the type of resort they want but aren't taking the necessary steps to carry the vision out. I felt that the physical attributes were high class but the quality of service was that of a motel. The staff was not polished and knowledgeable. I never was able to reach anyone at "Guest Services" during my stay. Funny how a dept called Guest Services didn't provide any service at all. The spa was excellent! They came the closest to "resort" style service. I think management really need to invest in training the staff. Other than that the location was great and the food was superb.

• Stayed April 2006

Been to Lansdowne Resort? Share your experiences!