“Great place for a conference” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   44050 Woodridge Parkway, Leesburg, VA 20176   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Great place for a conference”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I attended a four day conference at the Lansdowne Resort and the facility was excellent. The meeting accomodations are exceptional and the food provided was also exceptional. The room was nice but I spent little time there.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Hagerstown, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Landsdowne is very nice. 2 nice golf courses, large rooms, and nice amenities. Our room looked over the driving range which was cool. Although we were there over Easter, it just seemed like the resort was really empty. Is that good or bad? That's up to you.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Where do I start? I was looking forward to the trip my bf and I had booked for my birthday. We booked it several weeks in advance. I had also scheduled an appointment at the spa which was booked the same time. We arrived around 2pm and had an overall speedy check in. We were allowed to check in 1hr early. From there, everything went downhill quickly. We went up to our room to find that it was located right next to the elevator AND the vending machine. Mind you, when we called ahead to assure we could check in early, we were told "there were plenty of king rooms." Boggled as to why we were given one of the worst rooms possible. Since we had previous arrangements, we had to leave for the day and came back during the evening.. I really had the worst sleep of my life, from the sounds of the elevator beeping, to the extremely loud noises from the vending machine, to the maid personnel talking loudly in a different language, I could not sleep. I was disheartened even more so the next day with my spa experience, which I was dreaming about for weeks. I had previously scheduled an appointment for a massage, they had scheduled me with Sheila since I told them I preferred a female therapist and specifically said I am not comfortable with a male. I headed down to the spa around 10:15 am to try and take advantage of their services, The spa itself was quite lovely and had helpful staff members. Light snacks, water and tea available. Nice and warm lounge rooms. The steam room however, was broken, which I was hoping to enjoy. My appointment was at 11am and by that time I was ready for my massage. Walks in a male therapist sometime after 11am and lets me know he would be assisting me today, I let him know I was scheduled with Sheila.. he checked with front desk only to find out she was already with a client! So basically someone made a mistake booking my appointment, or double booked her. He was the only one available at that point. I was over come with emotion, I was tired, restless and was just hoping to relax. I just couldn't believe how badly my birthday weekend was turning out due to the resort's mistakes. At this point I just wanted to leave. I did appreciate the gesture of the spa's front desk, by upgrading my room for the next night(which included a bottle of champagne), but this did not quite make up for my troubles. I wasted the entire morning/afternoon. I hope that anyone who visits here triple checks their appointments and reservations as to not experience something like this. Truly a shame that my birthday weekend turned out to be a disaster.

Room Tip: Do not stay near the elevator and vending machine.
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I have been to Lansdonwne at least 3 times now. We live a couple hours away and it's a very comfortable place to relax, while being close to DC, shopping, great restaurants, etc. We've always found a good deal and feel like we get a great value for the price. Keep an eye out for groupons or offerings on their website that waive the resort fees and lower the nightly rates. The rooms are very comfortable, and the grounds and facilities are great. I like that I can go hit range balls for free for half an hour while my wife sips coffee in the morning before we start our day. The fitness area is also great and usually not crowded. For us it's a perfect getaway spot with amenities you'd expect from a high-end hotel at an affordable price. The only negative we've experienced is at our last stay the room next to us with a family in it was extremely noisy and could be heard loudly through the walls. This was evident as soon as we walked into the room. But we called the front desk and told them the issue and they moved us to the other side of the building where we had no issues and had a great stay.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The resort and room were breathtaking, it was peaceful and serine and the food was delicious. I would definitely recommend this to couples thar would like a local getaway. Also not to far from shopping and restaurants.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Pretoria, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Pay very, very close attention to your check-out bill. Also, keep in mind that this is a golf resort, NOT a wine resort. Nice decor and a pleasant enough stay, but nothing to write home about. Very rigid rules. Unwilling to work with the customer's needs. Run by very inexperienced, young staff. The rest of the world has left these folks in the dust, customer-centricity wise. Definitely not worth the prices they charge. Keep in mind that the prices you see in the advertising are not even close to what you end up paying. After taxes and fees and additional "resort fees", your bill will be approximately 40% greater. On enquiring about the "Resort Fee" on my bill, the front desk informed me that it was for the complimentary parking, in addition to the complimentary coffee and complimentary water bottles in my room. I refrained from asking the rep if they understood what the word "complimentary" meant. But, overall if price is not an issue, good place to get away from everything and close enough to the wineries to make it enjoyable.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Mitchellville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Lansdowne Resort – April 10-12, 2014

This is an update to my TripAdvisor Review I did last September 2014. I wanted to thank the following people at the Resort for working with me and resolving the issue I had last year. My husband and I returned to the Resort this weekend for our wedding anniversary, we dined at Piedmont’s Table for lunch and dinner, as well as enjoyed lunch at Pub 46 Lounge. I would like to personal thank Managing Director, Jim Horsman, Resort Manager, Sherry Abedi, and Executive Assistant, Kristin Riley, for working with me over the past several months accommodating me with all the changes I made and making this weekend special for us. Everything was great! We look forward to returning in the future.

Room Tip: Choose the corner king!
Green Features: Wine Tour Package, Golf Package, or the Wine and Unwine! Great packages.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Lansdowne Resort? Share your experiences!