“Beautiful & Pristine Property” 4 of 5 stars

Lansdowne Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   44050 Woodridge Parkway, Leesburg, VA 20176   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Beautiful & Pristine Property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I needed a quick getaway and found a special on livingsocial.com for this resort. When I arrived I wasn't disappointed. It is definitely beautiful with its rolling green manicured lawns and beautifully landscaped flower beds. Now comes my only critique. The hallway and room carpeting is a bit worn and I suspect a bit dirty too. (Sorry to Say)

The staff was very friendly and allowed me the opportunity to feel right at home from their greeting of "welcome home" at the front door, to the front desk staff that let me check in incredibly early (breakfast time), to the pool staff.

Is it "pricy"? YES! Get an online "special" if you can. Paying full price for even their great ambiance and customer service may not be worth breaking your budget and you'll need money left over to enjoy the touristy activities in the area.

Room Tip: After making a reservation for a standard room I received an email to upgrade my room view for as li...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Dear cr8tvgrl,

We’re glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your compliments regarding our staff. We’ll be sure to let them know! We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back.

Jim Horsman
Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Reisterstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Recently stayed for almost a week over July 4th at our favorite getaway and I have to say after visiting Lansdowne for several years this place just keeps getting better and better. The staff here especially at check in (Grayson and Mark) simply the best is all I can say. They truly make you feel welcome and no request is a problem. They are exemplary employees as is Megan at the pool, truly wonderful people. We come from the Baltimore area suburbs so the drive is only about 1 1/2 hours. We wish we could live here! We have brought adult children, our parents and have told many friends and family about "our resort". We always miss it when we leave and look forward to our return. We enjoyed Stonewalls, Crooked Billet and food and drink by the pool. We love the beautiful walking trails as well as the well equipped fitness center. Customer service is our number one expectation and let me just say Lansdowne management delivers. It is our pleasure to continue making Lansdowne resort our #1 top destination getaway !!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear schreidA,
Thank you so much for providing Lansdowne Resort with a 5-star review. I am so pleased you had a great stay, and please spread the word to your friends in Charm City as Baltimore is a very quick trip, especially if you take I-70 West, then south on Highway 15 through Leesburg, VA. Sounds like you made the rounds during your stay, so thanks again for your kinds words and amazing 5-star review.

James J. Horsman
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Excellent place to stay if you are in the area. I lived 2 miles from here and would visit very often. I send family and friends to stay here. the rooms are clean and the facilities are excellent. great golf and pools. fantastic gym and spa.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, higher view facing the back golf course and potomac river.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Reston, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I recently stayed at Lansdowne Resort for a wedding and overall it was a pleasurable experience. The resort staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The check-in experience was smooth. When I went up to my room the hallways seemed a little dark & it didn't give me the feel of a luxury resort. I do think the resort is on the expensive end and i'm not quite sure it was worth the money (even with a wedding group discount).

The room was nice but it didn't have a "wow" factor. It was also rather small for two people. The bathtub had a weird stain on the floor. I tried cleaning it & it would not come off. Had it been any other day, I would have complained but I was very busy with the wedding & I was only staying one evening.

I ordered room service for breakfast which was delicious. It came up hot, fresh and on time! The venue for the wedding & the reception was absolutely stunning. The resort was a great location for a wedding but I don't think I would stay here for any other occasion.

I did not get a chance to visit the pool & I saw the golf course from far - both looked very nice. I had a chance to visit the Bride&Groom suite which was lovely & huge (with two lovely balconies facing the golf course). I'm not sure how much that cost but it was a lovely suite.

Pros:
Wedding Venue
Location
Staff

Cons:
Price
Not Luxury Feel
Cleanliness of Bathroom

Room Tip: Higher floor with golf course view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We have been here three hours now and I can not begin to tell you the service we have received. From Kevin who took our bags to Grayson at the front desk who acknowledged our special occasion with such enthusiasm, sweetness and bottle of wine, to Meagan at the pool....the service here is better than nemacolin resort or anywhere else we have been in a very long time. I am so excited To spend weekend here . The resort is BEAUTIFUL, golf courses are immaculate and the service is
Beyond spectacular! So excited and grateful to be here! Thank you especially to Grayson!

Stayed July 2014
Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for your post! We’re so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and we’ll be sure that Grayson and our team know the impact they made on your stay!

Warm regards,
Jim Horsman
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

This overpriced property deserves to permanently reside in the 1980's.

Check in took over 15 minutes, rooms are full of dark, heavy, dated furniture; the resort fee of $22 for an 11 hour stay is a joke.

The hotel is a considerable distance from Dulles Airport and with infrequent shuttle service, I would rather pay a bit more and be downtown in a real hotel, instead of this dated establishment.

Management rests on its laurels and does not care about the guest experience.

Will not return to this overpriced, inconveniently located and poorly furnished 'hotel'.

Room Tip: Try the 4 C's or Mandarin in DC proper
Green Features: No environmentally practices were visible - if anything the over-abundance of flash cards, tents and folders in the room, shows that the local printer is doing well and the hotel is oblivious.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear PBRD,
Thank you for your comments and please allow me to address them. Our resort is very competitively priced with the marketplace as we monitor this daily. As for the rooms, we are planning a full renovation of all guestrooms very soon, so those needs are definitely being addressed. We are 8 miles from Dulles Airport and downtown DC is 40 miles away. Our resort is Virginia Green certified and recently named as a Tripadvisor Green Leader - we have more than 50 green initiatives in place and fully documented. In 2013, we hosted the very first fully Green Golf Event in the state of Virginia. No rest here as the plan is to raise the bar under my guidance, so we are very excited about the improvements to come!

James J Horsman
washington dc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Overpriced at $250 a night. Wouldn't go back. I'd rather pay $300 a night and stay at the Mandarin Oriental in DC for a true luxury getaway. Adults only pool closed at 5 on a Saturday for a private party so had to sit by kids pool that was loud, heated to about 100 degrees in summer and crowded. Not the romantic luxury weekend getaway I was expecting. The only breakfast option was a $22 buffet - a la carte option was just a continental breakfast offering. The hotel decor felt dated and good god, the sheets were so scratchy. For $250 a night you could throw in a dryer sheet with those things. Clubhouse was the nicest part. More modern and updated than the rest of the property and the restaurants were delicious. The atmosphere was more ballroom for weddings than it was resort in the hotel itself. The grounds and views were lovely but they didn't make up for the rest.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Lansdowne Resort? Share your experiences!