“Nice place for a conference” 4 of 5 stars

Lansdowne Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   44050 Woodridge Parkway, Leesburg, VA 20176   |
Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Leesburg
Potomac, Maryland
“Nice place for a conference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Our office had an overnight conference at Lansdowne Resort. The facilities were very nice, great golf, and other activities, and the meeting facilities were over the top. Very comfortable. The food was good but not great. The room was very nice. My only comment was the soap was in a bottle in the shower, no bar soap at the sink. Made washing hands and face difficult.

Room Tip: I like upper floors, facing golf course.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear 936Dave,
Great comments and feedback. While the dispensers are more eco-friendly and prevent waste of bath products, we understand there are some who prefer the wrapped and smaller individual options. However, we will always do the best we can to accommodate a guest request. if you stay with us again, simply make a request and we will do the best we can to make it happen.

James J Horsman
Managing Director

620 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Chantilly, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

My wife and I had a great time at the Lansdowne Resort for our anniversary.
Huge property and the service was amazing. They treated us like a king and queen. I highly recommend the spa as well. Enjoyed the breakfast buffet as well

Room Tip: I think the higher the room - the better the view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I was able to experience it as my flight got cancelled and United made neccesary accommodations in this hotel. It is 15 min ride go the airport and hotel has free shuttle. Courteous service. Good location away from city.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Wilmington, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Landsdown Resort is a perfect location for a great girls getaway weekend. First of all, RAAZ at the front desk deserves a medal (or maybe a bonus) for being so accommodating to a group of 6 girls, with different requests, different forms of payments, military discounts.. and lots more! He was very gracious and accommodated all our requests. We upgraded to a deluxe suite for the second night at a great rate and this is a must for groups. It was very spacious with a bar, living room, dining area that seats 8 … did I mention a BAR, fully stocked with soda and juice! Leesburg is great for many different interests. There is a spa on site, a huge outlet mall and antique shops nearby. The town had some great restaurants and there are lots of wineries in the area. We did a wine limo tour which was amazing! I highly recommend this for your next girlfriend getaway trip!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Rooms may be a little small, but are well appointed and really, do you want to be spending a lot of time in your room? Great place for a work conference, good facilities and food was Excellent. Gym was well stocked, but 05:30-21:00 hours may not suit some.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear BudSnow,
Thank you for your great 5-star review for Lansdowne Resort on Tripadvisor. Given you are a top contributor on TA, we appreciate your comments and 5-star score. Our Fitness Center is very large and while we may not be able to staff it 24 hours a day, we do make special arrangements for larger groups who wish to access earlier, or later. As for the rooms, we plan a complete renovation of every room in the near future, so we look forward to presenting all of our guests with the new product. Thanks again for your 5-star review.

James J Horsman
Managing Director
Oxford, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed for a long weekend at Lansdowne for a work retreat. After leaving I got to the airport to find I'd left my passport in the room safe. Not only were the staff excellent at tracking down the passport they also put it on the next airport shuttle bus for me. I had it back in my hand 35 minutes later, with enough time to make my flight. Needless to say, I was very relived and impressed. Only complaint was there wasn't anywhere to grab a quick morning coffee.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators! We were woken up several times by noisy happy people!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I recently attended an April wedding in Leesburg VA and the bridal party had selected a block of rooms at the Lansdowne Resort, not far from the wedding site. I am sooo happy I decided to stay there! This resort truly understands the value and importance of sincere customer service. After a delayed flight and an hour long wait at the rental car agency, I was a little frazzled upon arrival as I was going to be late for the rehearsal dinner. The front desk staff warmly welcomed me and offered me a glass of champagne. Perfect!! The next morning I found that my rental car had a dead battery and roadside assistance was going to take 45 minutes to arrive. I walked back into the lobby to get a cup of coffee during the wait and one of the staff, Justin I believe, offered to get jumper cables and take care of it for me, which he did within minutes. In addition to that, the gentlemen at the front door were always smiling and pleasant. My room was spacious, tastefully decorated and spotless! Our group also enjoyed Easter Brunch at the hotel which offered a diverse selection of beautifully displayed and delicious goodies. We did not feel rushed, our mimosas and coffees were refilled promptly and it was the perfect ending to a very pleasant stay. Thanks to the entire team at Lansdowne Resort for making my stay exceptional! I highly recommend this resort to anyone needing accommodations in the Leesburg, VA area.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Been to Lansdowne Resort? Share your experiences!