“Great Wedding!!! Shabby Room:(” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   44050 Woodridge Parkway, Leesburg, VA 20176   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Washington DC
“Great Wedding!!! Shabby Room:(”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Very well done on the wedding side...BUT..I would never stay here unless my company paid for it! Rooms are gross, bathroom ceiling is literally a little over 6 feet tall...you can touch the ceiling if your arms are above your shoulders!!!!. Toilet is the the mini me version...where you knees hit your chin. Awesome. Beds were way too soft. The A/C unit was noisy and very temperamental. Carpet had that grungeness that made me wear shoes the whole time. Either way...good wedding facility, happy couple and fun night...but not my choice of rooms in the VA/DC area.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear fivestartraveler,
Thanks for your honest and candid review. The good news is we have a plan in place to completely renovate all 296 guestrooms and suites, so all of what you experienced will soon be a thing of the past. With that being said, Lansdowne Resort is a great getaway for people in the DMV who want to get away and experience all that our unique part of the country has to offer. Whether here for a wedding, to experience the spa, play golf, or visit the many wineries in Loudoun County, we are a great option for many people. Thanks for your comments and we hope you have an opportunity to stay with us again.

James J Horsman
Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

My husband and I were sent here when our flight was canceled for our trip home so the airline put us here. The rooms are very big and the beds are very comfortable. There is a golf course nearby. Its about a 15-20 minute shuttle ride from the airport. Very clean, very nice. We enjoyed a great breakfast with lots of options of items on breakfast items. The breakfast for two cost us $46.00. The only thing I would say that was a negative is that it may need just a little updating, the colors of the furniture reminded me of the late 70's with the orange and tan tones. But I would consider this hotel if I ever need to go back here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Sterling, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I attended the wedding of one of my best friends daughters on April 5, 2014. The reception was held at Lansdowne Resort. Everything went off beautifully. The event coordinator Leslie Eyster and her staff were awesome. They were on top of everything, so my friend could totally enjoy her daughter's special day.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

If you are looking for a quick getaway weekend Landsdowne Resort is the place to go. Thanks for an awesome experience and the generosity. The Romantic weekend package was a great deal and definitely worth the price. Guys take advantage of this deal, she will love it!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Tony R,
Thank you for your great 5-star review for Lansdowne Resort. We appreciate your kind words and sharing them with everyone. Like many people in the DC area, our resort is a great getaway with many options not only on site, but also throughout Loudoun County. Thanks again four your 5-start review and we look forward to your return.

James J. Horsman
Sterling, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I had my wedding (ceremony & reception) at Lansdowne, and with many out of town guests, we thought it was perfect that they had the hotel for guests to stay in right there. My family and I had an awful experience with the hotel portion of our event.

Despite having confirmation number and paperwork, my parents were told at check-in that they had no room reserved for them. For someone who has paid almost $30,000 for the wedding and breakfast the next morning, in addition to booking 58 rooms for guests, it was unacceptable that it happened. It took the front desk 20 minutes to fix their error which caused my parents to be late to the rehearsal dinner. We had 3 guests receive the wrong type of room and when asked to be placed in the correct room, Lansdowne couldn't provide that.

We experienced so many more mishaps related to the hotel, and if someone is reading this and thinking of having their wedding guests stay there, PLEASE DON'T. There are MANY other hotels in the area that are less expensive and provide a better quality of room (Lansdowne rooms are so small) and a better quality of service.

Overall, for a hotel that is quick to boast about their numbers of occupancy and bookings, their service and awareness is awful. And good luck getting your opinions to be handled professionally--they are quick to ignore and sweep under the rug.

(the bell men were the best thing about the experience)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Aldie, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

My wife and I visit this Hotel every year for the past 4 years for our Anniversary. We love the quiet serene location that allows us to focus on "us". Great Spa for couples too. We will be back again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the golf course which offers the Potomac River as a backdrop. Very bea...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I had my $400 flat iron stolen by one of the maids while staying there this past December. I showed proof of it to the manager & they did nothing. Don't bring anything valuable with you or guard it with your life!!!

Stayed December 2013
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Nicole A,
We respect your right to submit a review and thank you for your comments. It is very unfortunate that the item you mentioned did not leave the hotel inside your belongings upon your departure. One thing we are very proud of is the fact we have no documented case of theft by one of our employees at this hotel. The person that was accused is a senior housekeeping associate and we have the utmost trust in her, as well as, her colleagues. We understand you also elected to not file a formal report. Upon hearing of the lost item, our security team launched a full investigation and unfortunately, we were not able to locate the item. Our Lost and Found department logged no such item. Thanks again for your submission. The item has been deemed as lost and we regret what may have transpired. Overall, our resort is regarded as a very safe and secure location for our many leisure and business guests.

James J. Horsman
Managing Director

Been to Lansdowne Resort? Share your experiences!