“Great little Getaway! Will be back for sure!” 5 of 5 stars

Lansdowne Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   44050 Woodridge Parkway, Leesburg, VA 20176   |
Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Leesburg
Perry Hall, Maryland
“Great little Getaway! Will be back for sure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We visited in July 2013. We were in the process of buying a new house and didn't want to take a big summer vacation. I came across a certifikid deal and thought we would try it out. Upon checking in, we felt very welcomed. Our room was comfortable and clean. The pool was great! My kids had a blast and we loved watching them while we waved our little flag and ordered poolside food and drinks. We joked that we should come for a week instead of heading to the all-inclusives we love. Food in the bar/restaurant was great. We stayed for 2 nights and ate there both nights. They have great happy hour specials and an area to send the kids to play the wii while you enjoy some kid free conversation. My kids loved the shuffle board game there as well. We had a great time and will be back again this summer for sure!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

619 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Had an impromptu get away this weekend, and we made a call to the front desk at around 8 PM on Saturday night. Talked to the Manager, Lisa Wilhelm, and she was able to set us up in a very nice room right away! When we arrived, we recieved an enthusiastic welcome, and they remembered our name, and that in itself, made us feel special.

We had a another great room, with a great veiw of the golf course, and this morning when we woke up, it was even nicer, when there was snow on the ground!

Speaking of the snow, there was almost a foot of snow on the ground, so I went downstairs to shovel our car out, and to my suprise, the staff at Landsdowne Resort had already removed all the snow in the parking lot, removed the snow in between the cars, and were in the process of removing snow from peoples cars!

What a very nice gesture. Just even more proof that this resort goes the extra mile for their customers.

The food from room service, and the various establishments on site has always been great, but I think they have improved on it.

This morning, the breakfast buffet had some new items, and they were AWESOME.

Home made, Mango yogurt? Wow. That was just great. I could have that every day. In fact, I dont know if I can even eat yogurt that isnt Mango!

Short Rib Sausage Gravy, over freshly baked biscuits were one of the new additions and the BEST Biscuits and Gravy I have ever had.

Sweet Potato corned beef hash was done very nicely as well.

This place is great, and my Fiance and I have discussed going here at least twice a month. They have so many other great attractions that we need to try out, such as the Spa, and the gold course.

5 Stars from walking in, to walking out. I dont know how anyone cannot give Landsdowne Resort and its staff 5 stars!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Hello Chris F,
Thanks so much for taking time to submit a great 5-star review for Lansdowne Resort. It is amazing to read your review and great details of your stay. We will share this with our staff as they work hard to make sure all of our guests have a 5-star experience each and every day. Thanks again for the 5-star review for Lansdowne and we hope to see you again very soon.

Grand Rapids Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

If you are bumped from United Airlines at IAD you will probably be sent here. I was :) It was much nicer than the kind of joint I expected UA to send us.

It is a pretty nice golf resort type place. The bed was fine, The room was fine. Front desk check-in was very polite and professional.

There is a free airport shuttle. It's about a 20 minute ride.

Business center was pretty easy to use.

The tavern had a decent burger and fries. Drinks were well-made.

I would be less enthusiastic had I paid a lot for the room--but I did not.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I actually stayed here against my will- I was bumped off a flight and 11 people and I were rebooked (the day before a snowstorm, walking on thin ice there) and send to Lansdowne. I was expecting something fairly run of the mill, but I was surprised to find that this resort is upscale, and the staff were very friendly. By the time I arrived the gym was closed (9pm, womp womp) but my room was nice, big and had an in room coffee maker (love these.) I ordered latenight delivery and the food was fine (I ordered off the kids menu, so nothing gourmet) and the only thing I'd warn about is the $6 delivery charge- if I'd known about that I would have gone to the kitchen myself! There's free coffee before 10.30am in one of the restaurants, so if you're after milk and cream, you can snag some downstairs. All in all, for a free stay, this was lovely, and the grounds were beautiful in the snow.

Green Features: Only the towel thing 're-use your towels!' overrated as usual. Nothing to write home about.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Hello Serena B,
Glad you found our resort to be such a pleasant surprises despite the unfortunate circumstance of being the victim of a delayed flight. For distressed airline passengers, they find our AAA Four Diamond resort in Northern Virginia to be a refreshing alternative over the select service hotels that cannot offer the resort amenities we possess here. We appreciate your comments and wish you safe travels in the future,
Warmest Regards,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

We moved to leesburg and tried Lansdowne a few times and have been disappointed each time. The first two times, the spa messed up our booking and nothing was done to correct so we didn't get the services we wanted. I sent them an email both times and no one responded. We then stayed for their New Years overnight package. The dinner service was terrible. Utensils were not replaced when used and taken away and we waited 40 minutes between courses. The band was lame and the drinks were pitiful. The rum and coke had barely any rum and they refused to top it up. The beds are very uncomfortable as well. I again emailed them and got an automated message that the GM would respond but he never did...again. They don't care about their clients and have lost what would have been a regular customer. We're going to salamander resort from now on. If you want 5 star service, don't go here.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Just wanted to get away for a date night and let me sa that we had a wondeful time, but not long enough. We will be returning very soon for the entire weekend. Staff and resort was perfect. We were very well rested and the option for late check out made it all the better.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Aloma J,
Thanks so much for your recent 5-star review of Lansdowne Resort. We appreciate your taking time to submit your positive comments about our Northern Virginia resort. We look forward to your return when you can spend more time with us. Our outdoor pools will open on May 17, so mark your calendar and visit soon!

uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Hotel and location very beautiful.
Pros- location, scenery facilities, helpful staff and service Gym and pool is small but perefctly workable
Cons- dated decor , static electricity from carpets and bedding is awful. The electrical sockets and switches are very old and plastic.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Lansdowne Resort? Share your experiences!