“A surprise stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Austin, Texas
“A surprise stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I actually stayed here against my will- I was bumped off a flight and 11 people and I were rebooked (the day before a snowstorm, walking on thin ice there) and send to Lansdowne. I was expecting something fairly run of the mill, but I was surprised to find that this resort is upscale, and the staff were very friendly. By the time I arrived the gym was closed (9pm, womp womp) but my room was nice, big and had an in room coffee maker (love these.) I ordered latenight delivery and the food was fine (I ordered off the kids menu, so nothing gourmet) and the only thing I'd warn about is the $6 delivery charge- if I'd known about that I would have gone to the kitchen myself! There's free coffee before 10.30am in one of the restaurants, so if you're after milk and cream, you can snag some downstairs. All in all, for a free stay, this was lovely, and the grounds were beautiful in the snow.

Green Features: Only the towel thing 're-use your towels!' overrated as usual. Nothing to write home about.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Hello Serena B,
Glad you found our resort to be such a pleasant surprises despite the unfortunate circumstance of being the victim of a delayed flight. For distressed airline passengers, they find our AAA Four Diamond resort in Northern Virginia to be a refreshing alternative over the select service hotels that cannot offer the resort amenities we possess here. We appreciate your comments and wish you safe travels in the future,
Warmest Regards,

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

We moved to leesburg and tried Lansdowne a few times and have been disappointed each time. The first two times, the spa messed up our booking and nothing was done to correct so we didn't get the services we wanted. I sent them an email both times and no one responded. We then stayed for their New Years overnight package. The dinner service was terrible. Utensils were not replaced when used and taken away and we waited 40 minutes between courses. The band was lame and the drinks were pitiful. The rum and coke had barely any rum and they refused to top it up. The beds are very uncomfortable as well. I again emailed them and got an automated message that the GM would respond but he never did...again. They don't care about their clients and have lost what would have been a regular customer. We're going to salamander resort from now on. If you want 5 star service, don't go here.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Just wanted to get away for a date night and let me sa that we had a wondeful time, but not long enough. We will be returning very soon for the entire weekend. Staff and resort was perfect. We were very well rested and the option for late check out made it all the better.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Aloma J,
Thanks so much for your recent 5-star review of Lansdowne Resort. We appreciate your taking time to submit your positive comments about our Northern Virginia resort. We look forward to your return when you can spend more time with us. Our outdoor pools will open on May 17, so mark your calendar and visit soon!

uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Hotel and location very beautiful.
Pros- location, scenery facilities, helpful staff and service Gym and pool is small but perefctly workable
Cons- dated decor , static electricity from carpets and bedding is awful. The electrical sockets and switches are very old and plastic.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I visited Lansdowne resort for the first time, we live nearby but I used an Amazon deal with one night hotel stay and 50 dollars spa credit. I had a problem to book days I wanted and spent some time over phone to finally make my reservation. Check in was fast, but hotel was half empty during my stay. I had a room on the 4th floor with a view of parking lot, room was small with little outdated furniture, but clean, had coffee maker and nice bath essentials. I booked an European facial for the same evening in a spa. Spa personnel were nice and gave me a tour of spa. Extras were sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi, but do not forget a swim suite for Jacuzzi. I expected a 55 min session for a facial, but it was like 35 min total, I guess time before and after was included, but I was disappointed as price was very high and not what I expected. I returned back to my room after a spa visit. Next morning I had a continental breakfast in the restaurant downstairs, 12 dollars was a price for continental and $ 21 for a hot breakfast, so a little pricey. I took a short walk outside of the hotel, it was a cold morning. Resort has a big exercise facility and indoor pool, but pool was empty and didn’t look inviting, so I skipped it. I guess, this is a good place for family reunions and corporates retreats, as well as for weddings, short spa gateways is fine as well if price is right.

Room Tip: ask for a golf course view
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Leesburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have visited and stayed at Lansdowne five times since 2008 and remain unimpressed. These were all business events with a four night stay each time. This week I worked out of a room all day that required a coat. We were greeted with a temperature of 62 degrees and the building engineer was notified several times with little success. The hallways are also freezing and public bathrooms heatless and no hot water. The beds remain very uncomfortable and a very light blanket is on the bed. This is winter, not the middle of summer!! Take a tip from the W and invest in proper and comfortable bedding. When you get out of the shower you wonder where the towels are. You have to walk a trail of water a distance to the sink to find one. Breakfast and lunch buffets in the Hearth were the only good value. A very good selection of cuisine and prepared nicely. Our dinner were buffet which weren't kept hot. Snack bars were stocked with stale pastries. If I had to pay for this myself it would be the last place I would stay.

Room Tip: If you are traveling to Loudoun county to experience the wineries, do yourself a favor and stay at o...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Purcellville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

My Husband to be on Feb 14th 2014 and I had reservations to stay at the Lansdowne resort for our wedding night and the following night. We were to be wed at a winery earlier that day; due to the dumping of 2.5 feet of snow our venue cancelled because of no power and no way to get up the mountain due to roads closed. Of course I panicked and didn't know what to do, I called the resort and immediately Amy called me back and put me at ease; she said no problem they would host my ceremony there. I called the celebrant and limo company who were more than willing to change to the adjusted itinerary. Amy and the staff at the Lansdowne resort were so AMAZING!!! She made everything perfect and did a phenomenal job! All the staff at the resort took such good care of us and were wonderful. The entire weekend was amazing and they treated my husband and I really special. It is so nice to walk around and the staff call you by your name. Every meal we had throughout our stay was wonderful and plentiful. Kudos to the entire staff for such a pleasant experience! We will be back!!! Thank you once again to the Entire Staff of the Lansdowne Resort; Especially Amy!!! ~ J & D

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Doreen S,
Thanks so much for your amazing 5-star review! I am so pleased, yet not surprised, that our dedicated staff stepped up to make your special day one to truly remember. Amy is indeed a hospitality superstar and I will share your comments with her and the staff. Your dress was absolutely stunning and we received many positive comments about it via social media. Thanks again for the great 5-star review for Lansdowne Resort and we hope you will consider us again when it is time to celebrate your first of many anniversaries to come!
Best Wishes,

Managing Director

Been to Lansdowne Resort? Share your experiences!