“Another (mostly) pleasant experience” 4 of 5 stars

Lansdowne Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   44050 Woodridge Parkway, Leesburg, VA 20176   |
Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Leesburg
Bryans Road, Maryland
“Another (mostly) pleasant experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Overall, my recent stay at the Lansdowne Resort in Leesburg, VA was mostly pleasant -- especially room rate from the coupon used for this stay.

This recent stay was my (and husband's) fourth with this hotel. My husband loved the scenery and ambiance of Lansdowne so much that he became excited when I received a special offering for the room rate at $79.00 per night -- which also included the $20 resort fee! For a few dollars more (under $10), I upgraded the room to one on a high floor. Did we take advantage of the special? Of course, we did! My husband and I decided to spend the last weekend of December to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

My husband's restaurant so far was the RIverside Hearth, which featured the breakfast buffet. Omelets and Belgian waffles to order, I'll tell you!

However, only two areas need to be tweaked that were different from our previous three stays. One was that (I believe) the front desk clerk did not realize that my room number was announced a bit to publicly -- pointing to written room number to speaking a bit quieter would have been more acceptable to protect privacy. But, the major issue was my in-room dining experience. My order still was not right for my first experience after two tries. My second order, on the other hand, was fine. Although the in-room experience was my first at this hotel, I'll give the in-room dining another try on a future stay.

So...overall, hubby and I had a wonderful time celebrating our anniversary that fell between Christmas and New Years, and we would gladly do the celebration all over again at the Lansdowne Resort.

Room Tip: If Lansdowne has your e-mail address on hand, look for specials for room rates that deliver excellen...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

570 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Staff was friendly, service average. tried the $21.95 Sunday Brunch buffet, The room service menu had a $14 waffle + $5 delivery, so what a deal!! added an omelet from the omelet station for $3 :D

I agree with another comment, paper thin walls. Plus we had to walk over to the golf club to get a cocktail. The bar opens late. I'm guessing they had to go to the club to get the bloody's at brunch, it took some time to get to the table.

And don't get me started about the $20 resort fee. Didn't use the gym, the outside pool was, of course, frozen, as was the golf course. We didn't even bother with the wi-fi either.

But we did get a decent deal on cyber Monday on the price. Glad we did.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear R L,
Thanks for your review submission, so please allow me to address. I can tell you that a complete rooms renovation is coming in 2014, so we have heard you and from many about this aspect of the resort and we certainyl do plan to address it. Our resort fee is a nominal charge for many things aside from the items you mentioned. It is something fairly standard in the industry and even charged by some hotels that do not possess the amenities we have here. Plus, it allows us to keep operational costs down, so we do not have to pass other costs off to our valuable customers. We certainly do invite you to come back when the weather is warmer, so you can allow us to provide an even warmer welcome and ensure you stay meets and exceeds your expectations.

James J. Horsman
Managing Director
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed here on New Years Eve, and it was a great way to start the new year! The service was excellent. In fact, the reason we came back was because of the excellent service we received when we stayed for a week in August.

Lisa Wilhelm, the Manager is awesome at her job. She is the greatest. She always makes us feel at home, and anything we need, she is sure to to provide minutes after requesting.

The rooms are very nice, and very clean. The entire hotel is very nice, and very clean.

From the minute you walk in, to the minute you walk out, you are only met with smiles and employees eager to make your stay enjoyable.

The food is great, whether its from one of the establishments inside the resort, or room service that comes quickly and delicious!

I highly recommend Lansdowne Resort for anyone staying the in the Leesburg/Ashburn/Sterling or Dulles area.

Anytime we stay in the area, this is where will stay!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and 7 other members of my immediate family stayed at the resort for the New Years package. I was dissapointed because the buffet was mediocre and the music was too old, the worst part was that they included after hour snacks and they ran out, so some guests did no get any. Will not come back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Fulton, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying here for 3 nights for a work related meeting. The front desk staff was friendly. The hotel lobby is beautiful. The room was spacious and the bathroom was very nice. the beds were not too comfortable. The wifi was iffy and slow. As part of our stay, we had access to a hospitality room which was down the hall from me. They keep the room stocked with food and beverages. We had breakfast and lunch in the Riverside hearth. The was a wide variety of choices and food was tasty. The wait staff was friendly. For dinner, we had in the clubhouse. The club house is a short walk from the main building. At night, they lite a firepit. I did not get to use the spa or golf course so can not comment on that. Overall, this is a nice place to stay. I think it would be a good weekend getaway for people in the Maryland/DC/VA area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Virginia, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

The service was great from the time I arrived until the time I left. The one thing that would prevent me from returning are the paper thin walls. You can literally hold a conversation with your neighbors without raising your voice. This means that you can hear all the other noises that humans sometimes make. Everything else was great, but the senior leadership should add an additional layer of drywall.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs, and ask for a corner room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Eat Fly-Ride,
Thanks for your recent review. You will be pleased to know that we are addressing your comments as one of our future plans includes a room renovation. As with any location, there is always room for improvement, and this is one of the areas we have targeted moving forward. Thank you again for passing along your comments.

James J. Horsman
Managing Director
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice and each time I have been satisfied but not wowed. It is awfully expensive if you don't plan to golf. It is located in a secluded office park and has a nice indoor pool and hot tub area. Call and try to maneuver a better deal with their reservation line rather than just accepting what you get online. We were able to get 2 breakfast coupons, which were really nice--the breakfasts are awesome. Every time I have stayed, I haven't been able to get a spa appointment--which may be a good sign. The parking is a little bizarre but that might be because they have so many weddings here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Lansdowne Resort? Share your experiences!