“Business Meeting” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Fulton, Maryland
“Business Meeting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying here for 3 nights for a work related meeting. The front desk staff was friendly. The hotel lobby is beautiful. The room was spacious and the bathroom was very nice. the beds were not too comfortable. The wifi was iffy and slow. As part of our stay, we had access to a hospitality room which was down the hall from me. They keep the room stocked with food and beverages. We had breakfast and lunch in the Riverside hearth. The was a wide variety of choices and food was tasty. The wait staff was friendly. For dinner, we had in the clubhouse. The club house is a short walk from the main building. At night, they lite a firepit. I did not get to use the spa or golf course so can not comment on that. Overall, this is a nice place to stay. I think it would be a good weekend getaway for people in the Maryland/DC/VA area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Virginia, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

The service was great from the time I arrived until the time I left. The one thing that would prevent me from returning are the paper thin walls. You can literally hold a conversation with your neighbors without raising your voice. This means that you can hear all the other noises that humans sometimes make. Everything else was great, but the senior leadership should add an additional layer of drywall.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs, and ask for a corner room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Eat Fly-Ride,
Thanks for your recent review. You will be pleased to know that we are addressing your comments as one of our future plans includes a room renovation. As with any location, there is always room for improvement, and this is one of the areas we have targeted moving forward. Thank you again for passing along your comments.

James J. Horsman
Managing Director
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice and each time I have been satisfied but not wowed. It is awfully expensive if you don't plan to golf. It is located in a secluded office park and has a nice indoor pool and hot tub area. Call and try to maneuver a better deal with their reservation line rather than just accepting what you get online. We were able to get 2 breakfast coupons, which were really nice--the breakfasts are awesome. Every time I have stayed, I haven't been able to get a spa appointment--which may be a good sign. The parking is a little bizarre but that might be because they have so many weddings here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

I arrived on Saturday evening ahead of a winter storm. The resort was nearly deserted Sunday afternoon after guests checked out. (Check out time is noon.) I pretty much had the place to myself and I was able to explore the grounds and the real estate at my leisure and pleasure. The "alone time" presented an opportunity to take some magnificent photos. The property is very tastefully decked for the Christmas holiday season. I had a room with a king bed but no fridge or microwave. I enjoyed breakfast and dinner at the Riverside Hearth (a bit pricey, but this is a resort, after all). I enjoyed lunch at the golf club. Two winter storms came through during my four night stay, lending a "winter wonderland" look to the environment, and enhancing the ambience of the holiday season. The decor and the service are resort quality. I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed December 2013
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I've taken my lady here several times, mainly during the winter, and we absolutely love it. The indoor pool is a real treat when it's cold outside. The main restaurant and tavern both have great options.We enjoy the wine tours that pick up from the hotel every Saturday and Sunday at 11 on the dot (about 4 hours, $70/person factoring in tasting fees and transportation). Try the Estandby Upgrade option for discount room upgrades.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Foody4LF,
Thank you so much for your 5-star review. Yes, our wine tours are very successful and we are very fortunate to be located in one of the fastest growing wine regions in the United States. Given you enjoy our resort as a Northern Virginia romantic getaway, you'll need to see what we have planned for our Month of Romance celebration in February! Thanks agian for your kinds words and we hope to see you again soon.

James J. Horsman
Managing Director
Virginia Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We went here for Thanksgiving dinner and spa. The spa is struggling...worn out rugs, burnt out lights, lack of staff, hot tubs are luke warm, chemicals not checked before opening, tiles missing, ceiling drywall is falling down,. Lounge furniture has rips, not enough towels, showers are not hot, etc.....we have been going here for 10 years and prices are the same, but upkeep is where they are cutting corners. We love coming here, but it seems someone has taken over and they are letting the standards/maintenance slip...

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed at Lansdowne Resort recently on a short business trip to DC, and I was really glad that I chose this hotel.

Starting with Grayson at the front desk,everyone was friendly and seemed genuinely happy I was staying there. Justin and Michael in the concierge/bell staff area were also very helpful and fun to talk with about the DC area.

The rooms were spacious and well-equipped and I was able to get a lot of work done. I highly recommend this hotel if you plan to be in the Reston/Lansdowne area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Lansdowne Resort? Share your experiences!