“Great Service. Paper Thin Walls.” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Virginia, Ireland
“Great Service. Paper Thin Walls.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

The service was great from the time I arrived until the time I left. The one thing that would prevent me from returning are the paper thin walls. You can literally hold a conversation with your neighbors without raising your voice. This means that you can hear all the other noises that humans sometimes make. Everything else was great, but the senior leadership should add an additional layer of drywall.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs, and ask for a corner room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Eat Fly-Ride,
Thanks for your recent review. You will be pleased to know that we are addressing your comments as one of our future plans includes a room renovation. As with any location, there is always room for improvement, and this is one of the areas we have targeted moving forward. Thank you again for passing along your comments.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice and each time I have been satisfied but not wowed. It is awfully expensive if you don't plan to golf. It is located in a secluded office park and has a nice indoor pool and hot tub area. Call and try to maneuver a better deal with their reservation line rather than just accepting what you get online. We were able to get 2 breakfast coupons, which were really nice--the breakfasts are awesome. Every time I have stayed, I haven't been able to get a spa appointment--which may be a good sign. The parking is a little bizarre but that might be because they have so many weddings here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I arrived on Saturday evening ahead of a winter storm. The resort was nearly deserted Sunday afternoon after guests checked out. (Check out time is noon.) I pretty much had the place to myself and I was able to explore the grounds and the real estate at my leisure and pleasure. The "alone time" presented an opportunity to take some magnificent photos. The property is very tastefully decked for the Christmas holiday season. I had a room with a king bed but no fridge or microwave. I enjoyed breakfast and dinner at the Riverside Hearth (a bit pricey, but this is a resort, after all). I enjoyed lunch at the golf club. Two winter storms came through during my four night stay, lending a "winter wonderland" look to the environment, and enhancing the ambience of the holiday season. The decor and the service are resort quality. I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed December 2013
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I've taken my lady here several times, mainly during the winter, and we absolutely love it. The indoor pool is a real treat when it's cold outside. The main restaurant and tavern both have great options.We enjoy the wine tours that pick up from the hotel every Saturday and Sunday at 11 on the dot (about 4 hours, $70/person factoring in tasting fees and transportation). Try the Estandby Upgrade option for discount room upgrades.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Foody4LF,
Thank you so much for your 5-star review. Yes, our wine tours are very successful and we are very fortunate to be located in one of the fastest growing wine regions in the United States. Given you enjoy our resort as a Northern Virginia romantic getaway, you'll need to see what we have planned for our Month of Romance celebration in February! Thanks agian for your kinds words and we hope to see you again soon.

Virginia Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

We went here for Thanksgiving dinner and spa. The spa is struggling...worn out rugs, burnt out lights, lack of staff, hot tubs are luke warm, chemicals not checked before opening, tiles missing, ceiling drywall is falling down,. Lounge furniture has rips, not enough towels, showers are not hot, etc.....we have been going here for 10 years and prices are the same, but upkeep is where they are cutting corners. We love coming here, but it seems someone has taken over and they are letting the standards/maintenance slip...

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed at Lansdowne Resort recently on a short business trip to DC, and I was really glad that I chose this hotel.

Starting with Grayson at the front desk,everyone was friendly and seemed genuinely happy I was staying there. Justin and Michael in the concierge/bell staff area were also very helpful and fun to talk with about the DC area.

The rooms were spacious and well-equipped and I was able to get a lot of work done. I highly recommend this hotel if you plan to be in the Reston/Lansdowne area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Columbia, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

My fiancé and I visited thid establishment from the 11/8/2013-11/9/2013. While we were there we experienced a very generous amount of customer service from a young lady named Bri that was FANTASTIC. For my birthday this year my fiancé surprised me and took me to this establishment for a little Rest and Relaxation. Upon arriving at the resort my WOW factor was through the roof and I was elated. It was just what I needed. Bri stepped in and added to that with a great amount of customer service and really made this special event that much more special. We wanted to do much more than thank her, however; we did not know what to do. She said to fill out a survey that we would receive at the end of our stay, however I wanted to do more than that. She had gone the extra mile for us and I wanted to make sure you knew about the awesome service we received. While everyone we came in contact with did a great job, she was someone we will never forget.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ashley M
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Ashley M,
Thanks for taking time to submit a great 5-star review on Tripadvisor! We appreciate your glowing comments and have shared those with Bri and our staff. Bri is a great example of how dedicated and focused our staff is in providing a high level of customer service for all of our guests. Thanks again for your 5-star review and we hope to see you again soon.

Managing Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg
Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg
Courtyard by Marriott Dulles Town Center
Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North

Been to Lansdowne Resort? Share your experiences!