“Great property with engaging and friendly customer service” 5 of 5 stars

Lansdowne Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   44050 Woodridge Parkway, Leesburg, VA 20176   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Great property with engaging and friendly customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed at Lansdowne Resort recently on a short business trip to DC, and I was really glad that I chose this hotel.

Starting with Grayson at the front desk,everyone was friendly and seemed genuinely happy I was staying there. Justin and Michael in the concierge/bell staff area were also very helpful and fun to talk with about the DC area.

The rooms were spacious and well-equipped and I was able to get a lot of work done. I highly recommend this hotel if you plan to be in the Reston/Lansdowne area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Columbia, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

My fiancé and I visited thid establishment from the 11/8/2013-11/9/2013. While we were there we experienced a very generous amount of customer service from a young lady named Bri that was FANTASTIC. For my birthday this year my fiancé surprised me and took me to this establishment for a little Rest and Relaxation. Upon arriving at the resort my WOW factor was through the roof and I was elated. It was just what I needed. Bri stepped in and added to that with a great amount of customer service and really made this special event that much more special. We wanted to do much more than thank her, however; we did not know what to do. She said to fill out a survey that we would receive at the end of our stay, however I wanted to do more than that. She had gone the extra mile for us and I wanted to make sure you knew about the awesome service we received. While everyone we came in contact with did a great job, she was someone we will never forget.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Ashley M,
Thanks for taking time to submit a great 5-star review on Tripadvisor! We appreciate your glowing comments and have shared those with Bri and our staff. Bri is a great example of how dedicated and focused our staff is in providing a high level of customer service for all of our guests. Thanks again for your 5-star review and we hope to see you again soon.

Fairfax, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Came to the resort to get away for the weekend with the wife and dogs. We opted to get the Dining Package which I originally thought allotted us $100 per evening. This would have been the only reason why I pay the exorbitant price they had set. We went to their bar restaurant and all I have to say about the food....AWFUL. The service was slow and the food was some of the worst I have ever had. The next night I ordered room service, because the staff had told me my dogs were making too much noise. so we stayed in and ordered $100 worth of room service. Food...awful once again. At checkout they tell me that the $100 credit is only good once. Why in God's good name would I order room service from the same god awful restaurant if I knew the $100 credit was only good once. I have contested all charges and am willing to go to court for it as well. It was by far the mot unfulfilled hotel/resort stay I have ever had. You are much better staying at a Hyatt House or Sheraton in Dulles for 1/3 of the price to get away. This place is not worth it at all. The only reason they got 2 out of 5 was the condition of the bed,,,,thats it.

Room Tip: Don't stay here...stay at the Hyatt House or Sheraton...save the money and the headache.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Put up by United Airlines after mechanical problems with flight from Amsterdam and missing conected flight
Looking for a good nights sleep was a bad dream at this hotel with a wedding party going on people knocking on doors and yelling in hall after midnight . Will NOT be back

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello John W,
Like most hotels, noise can be something that needs to be dealt with from time to time. Our staff is extremely responsive in responding to guest needs, as well as, guest issues, such as noise. May I ask, did you report the noise to the manager on duty, or the front desk? Both are very effective and efficient at responding to guest inquiries and would have been happy to request the noise be kept to a minimum, if not eliminated. However, it is unfortunate your flight was delayed and you were hindered by the celebration near your room.

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed in the resort for 3 days in early October, while attending a symposium. The business part of the meeting proceeded smoothly with no major problems and I found the facilities quite good for the purpose of the program. I can't comment on the golf

However I have had problems with the service relating to an item which was delivered to the conference centre 2 days prior to my arrival. It could not be found during my stay there. It was signed for by a member of staff and I provided the delivery confirmation details to the conference support staff who assured me that it would be posted to me once it was traced.
It has been a month since my stay and I have not even had a reply to my multiple emails and requests for information.
When I called the hotel, I was assured that someone would be in touch shortly, either personally or via email. 2 weeks have passed with no follow up.

I have now given up on ever receiving the item, but hopefully this will serve as a warning in case someone is thinking of having anything delivered there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent one night away. I wanted to go somewhere that was not too far (1 hour drive) but that felt like we were away. We were very pleased. I enjoyed my salt scrub at the spa and my husband enjoyed his time on the golf course. We dined at a local restaurant but enjoyed room service the next day. Wonderful getaway! Will definitely come back.

• Stayed November 2013
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear Baker109,
Thanks so much for your 5-star review for Lansdowne Resort via Tripadvisor. We are a great escape for many in the DC area and I am pleased to know that you view our AAA Four-Diamond Northern Virginia resort as a convenient and relaxing retreat. I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!

Easton, Pennsylvania, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights at a business conference. The rooms were clean, I liked the flatter pillows and the food was good. Had I been paying myself, seemed a bit expensive. Tv was nice, Internet was free. It would have been nice to golf. But I didn't have time.

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Lansdowne Resort? Share your experiences!