“Noise” 3 of 5 stars

Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
“Noise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Put up by United Airlines after mechanical problems with flight from Amsterdam and missing conected flight
Looking for a good nights sleep was a bad dream at this hotel with a wedding party going on people knocking on doors and yelling in hall after midnight . Will NOT be back

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JOHN W
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Hello John W,
Like most hotels, noise can be something that needs to be dealt with from time to time. Our staff is extremely responsive in responding to guest needs, as well as, guest issues, such as noise. May I ask, did you report the noise to the manager on duty, or the front desk? Both are very effective and efficient at responding to guest inquiries and would have been happy to request the noise be kept to a minimum, if not eliminated. However, it is unfortunate your flight was delayed and you were hindered by the celebration near your room.

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed in the resort for 3 days in early October, while attending a symposium. The business part of the meeting proceeded smoothly with no major problems and I found the facilities quite good for the purpose of the program. I can't comment on the golf

However I have had problems with the service relating to an item which was delivered to the conference centre 2 days prior to my arrival. It could not be found during my stay there. It was signed for by a member of staff and I provided the delivery confirmation details to the conference support staff who assured me that it would be posted to me once it was traced.
It has been a month since my stay and I have not even had a reply to my multiple emails and requests for information.
When I called the hotel, I was assured that someone would be in touch shortly, either personally or via email. 2 weeks have passed with no follow up.

I have now given up on ever receiving the item, but hopefully this will serve as a warning in case someone is thinking of having anything delivered there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ASK73
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent one night away. I wanted to go somewhere that was not too far (1 hour drive) but that felt like we were away. We were very pleased. I enjoyed my salt scrub at the spa and my husband enjoyed his time on the golf course. We dined at a local restaurant but enjoyed room service the next day. Wonderful getaway! Will definitely come back.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank baker109
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear Baker109,
Thanks so much for your 5-star review for Lansdowne Resort via Tripadvisor. We are a great escape for many in the DC area and I am pleased to know that you view our AAA Four-Diamond Northern Virginia resort as a convenient and relaxing retreat. I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!

Easton, Pennsylvania, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights at a business conference. The rooms were clean, I liked the flatter pillows and the food was good. Had I been paying myself, seemed a bit expensive. Tv was nice, Internet was free. It would have been nice to golf. But I didn't have time.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Bruce G
Fairfax, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I was at this resort for a family event in October. The resort is off Route 7, but it is not easy to get to, since there are not good direction signs (I am glad we printed out the map prior to going). The property is very nice, and we had a room on the 9th floor with a nice view of the golf course.

We got there early (around 2 PM), and we found parking in the self-parking lot that was pretty close to the lobby area. The staff was very nice and checked us in early. My wife had a nice time at the spa, and I went to the very well equipped fitness center, with good cardio, machine, and free weight choices.

The room was clean and well furnished. A couple of minor bad points: The warm air was kind of dry for some reason (of course, we were at a wedding, so the drinks we had may have had some impact). Also, the shower water pressure was not the best. The water got to a good temperature quickly, but both showerhead settings did not provide good water pressure.

The ballrooms for the wedding and reception were very nice, and the food was really good. We had a good time.

Room Tip: Higher floors are likely to have better views of the golf course or surrounding area.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SRTravel07
Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I was put up in this hotel by United, who cancelled my flight home and stranded me in the DC area. After a long day of travel, my fiance picked us up two beers at the bar with her credit card. We used my card on our vacation, and she used her credit card at the Lansdowne bar. Big mistake. When we arrived home the next day the credit card company called and said that the card had been used three times at establishments around the area. This card hadn't been used for weeks and certainly not around the DC area except for at this one bar.
The management seemed somewhat interested in the fact that someone working there was stealing credit card info but I never heard back on any action taken to find out what happened. To my knowledge the person who stole our info is still employed there.

In summary, nice hotel (hence the two stars) but use CASH at the bar.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
Dear Harveylaw,
Thanks for your concern, and for the record, we can publicly state that our accounting office conducted a full and thorough investigation into the allegations. We also communicated with you via email numerous times, yet our numerous attempts to contact you via phone to resolve the issue were not returned, although we left several messages. However, we were able to complete the investigation with the data you did provide and we trust this has been resolved to your satisfaction. Despite this being a very unfortunate occurrance and one I cannot recall having happened before during my time at the resort, I can report that our employees working that night are in excellent standing with us and are exceptionally trustworthy employees. Once again, we trust this issue has been resolved and we regret this isolated incident impacted your stay.

Richmond, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Lansdowne demands and enforces cancellation notice 72 hours ahead of check in time, so be sure that your life will not change within the window. This is one of the longest cancellation notice requirements that I have ever seen. I can say from personal experience that 48 hours will not do for Lansdowne, and that you will be charged for one night's stay.

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times. The rooms are always attractive and clean. Some of the rooms have very nice golf course views. I miss On the Potomac, the fine dining restaurant that is now closed. The other dining options are OK, but On the Potomac felt more special.

This is a golf resort, and the golf is very nice. As a golf resort it competes in my mind with similar resorts in Florida, Arizona, and Nevada and is a firm middle of the pack choice.

I calculate the value at poor because I averaged the cost of the stay that I was able to complete with the cost of the stay that I was unable to complete, canceled within 48 hours, and was charged for. In the event that I return to Lansdowne, I will average that cost in, and see if the value then rises to average.

Room Tip: Always ask for a golf course view. The other views are uninspiring.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steve B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg
Clarion Inn Historic Leesburg
Courtyard by Marriott Dulles Town Center
Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North

Been to Lansdowne Resort? Share your experiences!