“Lansdowne Golf Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Leesburg
Leesburg, Virginia
“Lansdowne Golf Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

A group of friends and I played golf one afternoon at Lansdowne. It was a great experience to say the least. Just to start the staff at the club house was very friendly and accommodating as we got a late start. The golf course was beautiful and in excellent shape. The views from the Tee Boxes and Greens were great. Being a hack on the course, I can attest that the course was rewarding for a well hit ball, but doesn't overly penalize a player for a missed or into the rough shot. After our golf outing we visited the clubhouse for drinks and food. Again, the staff was very friendly, the food and drink was excellent. The seating in the club house was very comfortable and the view of the Potomac River and Mountains was beautiful. If you are looking for a great day of golf on a challenging and fun course, friendly staff, and great food and beverage on the 19th, Lansdowne is a must play resort.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Rosemary B,

Thanks so much for sharing such a wonderful 5-star review on Tripadvisor. I am so pleased you enjoyed all the guest experiences during your stay, especially the dining and the golf. As for your server, we have been striving to improve the service levels at the resort, so I guess on the bright side it is better to be overly attentive versus being under serviced. However, great feedback, and again, thanks so much for a great 5-star review.

James J. Horsman

619 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Clifton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was at this resort for a quick overnight stay and have to say that it is quite beautiful and has some impressive views. I can understand why they host so many weddings! I was also pleased while the main business is really golf, their facilities were also perfect for a business meeting. Rooms are nice and big, free wifi, robes in room and Gilchrist and Sommes amenitites. We ate in 2 of the restaurants on site and the food was delicious. Its a bit of a ride from DC, especially in traffic but I look forward to having another meeting at this resort. My only complaint is that the pillows are small and too soft. I had to pile 3 of them to get some type of support for sleep.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I had the opportunity to enjoy Landsdowne resort last weekend after a weeding. we needed car service to the wedding as the shuttle was full, not a problem as the concierge staff had us a nice town car that would be ready upon our arrival as we were running late. Valet did a great job welcoming us and made us feel immediately at home, fronr desk staff were true ambassadors of hospitality and had us ready in minutes. of to the wedding in a flash. We returned that evening and enjoyed in room dining, went down to the lounge for a tasty night cap and ambiance.Staff was outstanding,quality and value is there. Truly a nice stay, my only regret was leaving before we played golf.

Room Tip: upgrade to an alcove suite, well worth it.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Scott W,
Thanks so much for submitting a 5-star review on Tripadvisor. Sounds like you had an amazing weekend with us. Please spread the word to your friends in the Alexandria area as our Northern Virginia resort makes for nice weekend getaways and escapes. Thanks again for your 5-star review and we hope to see you again soon.

James J. Horsman
Feeding Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We drove 8 hours from New England to play Golf @ the Resort. We were greeted and treated... "Like Royalty" upon our arrival! ( Really appreciated that! ) Even despite the rain we experienced... Golf course was AWESOME!!! ( Jim enriched us with the history of the course. That was an added, unexpected bonus!! ) The indoor pool was great and location to shopping & Washington D. C. were outstanding!! Very Happy with the Landsdowne Resort...( Hopefully ) I will have the opportunity to return in the future!!! :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

We were guests at the resort over Columbus Day weekend. Our purpose was to attend a wedding at the resort. The room was lovely. Clean with nice amenities. Big plus - bottled water in room was at no additional charge. Lighted, magnifying mirror in dressing area and additional plus. The bathroom though! It was incredibly small and difficult to close the door while using the toilet or showering. We ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant. The food was good however the meal was overpriced at $20 a person. We were not given an option of full buffet or continental although we saw other tables having that. Front desk staff were helpful.
Staff in the bar appeared inexperienced and overwhelmed.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hello bklynred,
Thanks for your recent comments. Your rooms feedback is well taek and we are in the midst of discussions to make a solid update in this area in 2014. In fact, there are many updates, improvements and changes happening here since I arrived four months ago. We will get there, but your feedback in the meantime is much appreciated.

JamesJ. Horsman
Greenville, SC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Came for a business trip. Wouldn't come back unless I had to.

Pros:
- grounds are beautiful
- hotel seemed clean and well kept
- every staff member I dealt with was friendly and professional

Cons:
- sheets on my bed hadn't been changed! Previous guests' hair, etc was left behind
- room service food bland

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
burke, va
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I had booked a package to celebrate our first wedding anniversary in August 2013. I called the hotel in July to confirm my reservation for the room and dinner on Saturday night.

On the morning of our departure to ther esort, I called the restaurant to get some guidance on the dress code. I was advised that the restaurant was closed and they had no information on my dinner reservation at the back-up restaurant, even though I had an e-mail confirmation. I had also received no message regarding the closing of this eatery.

I made a reservation for the back-up restaurante with a manager named Chris. When we got to the restaurant that evening, they had no record of my reservation and was advised that we could not be seated. After several minutes, they gave us the table for a reservation that had not shown up. (Not sure what they would have done if that party came late!)

I ordered one of the fish specials and instead received the fish dinner from the menu, which was prepared totally different from the special So we had to wait even longer for a new meal to be prepared.

The dessert menu was limited and very disappointing.

At breakfast, in a different restaurant, we were seated near some wedding parties and the noise level was incredible. We could not even hold a conversation. There was plenty of empty tables elsewhere but we were not allowed to sit there--not sure why.

Our waiter was so overworked that we had to get our own drinks (coffe, tea, water, creamer, etc) and condiments. Luckily, it was a buffet or we would never have been served. The waiter apologized for not being able to help us out.

When we returned to the dinner restaurant the next day for drinks, the hostess provided me with a free lemonade for our troubles from the night before.

When we finally checked out on Sunday, the toilet would not flush. It just seemed to be a perfect ending to a disappointing stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Lansdowne Resort? Share your experiences!