“Lovely stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Springfield
“Lovely stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I had a great stay with a girlfriend for a girl's weekend. We booked the wine tour package which included transportation to/from 2 local wineries. All the staff I encountered at Lansdowne Resort were very friendly, including the Spa staff. I had a great facial and my friend loved her massage. The breakfast buffet was ridic... in a good way and was included in the room package. My only complaint is the hard as a rock bed and next to nothing pillows. I do think for the cost of a room the beds should be more comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear brwntrvlr,
Thanks so much for your great review. Sounds like you enjoyed our Discover DC Wine Country package, so it is great to hear of your wonderful experience with this amazing experience. Spa Minérale is a great place to enjoy a girlfriend getaway, so we hope to see you again soon. You will be pleased to know that our rooms are scheduled for a full renovation, so improvements to come. We have heard this comment before and while we do listen, we do act as well to improve whenever and wherever we can. Thanks for your comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Gainesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Company golf event for 120 participants. Included light breakfast, 18 holes of golf, lunch, afternoon reception.
Customer service and accommodation were excellent.
Friendly helpful staff! Good items served were fresh -- presentation very nice.

• Stayed September 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The hotel is nicely decorated, the rooms offers plenty of seating and the bathroom amenities are of a nice quality.

The best thing about the hotel is the staff, everyone was friendly and engaging. If I was ever in the area again and needed overnight accommodations, I would stay at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Lansdowne Resort is a lovely property but some glaring failures:
1. No cash transactions at Golf club bar???
2. The pillows are worthless - I will need to go to the chiropractor
3. The concierge on the phone was unintelligible
4. The entertainment in the main bar Friday night was so bad they drove clients from the bar
5. The food was just barely passable.
6. The golf course I played - Shark Bite was poor - municipal grade - would never play it again.

Not an overall good value - next time I will stay somewhere else

Room Tip: Find a more competitive location
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear ashotwell.
Thanks so much for your review. Please allow me to address some of your comments. The Golf Club at Lansdowne is a private facility and available to members and resort guests only. While we do not consider cash as an option at this time, it is being evaluated. Our rooms are scheduled for a complete renovation, so all aspects of the rooms will be considered including bedding and pillows. We appreciate your comments about the concierge and we will address those concerns. Our food and beverage product is rated very highly, however, we regret your experience with us. If you return, please allow me to host you for dinner as our Crooked Billet restaurant just debuted an amazing new menu and I am enormously confident you will be thrilled with the plethora of options and the high quality of the food product. Our golf courses are also rated highly and SharkBite was named one fo the finest family golf experiences in the United States by Golf Channel. Perhaps, you played after an aerification? If possible, I'd love to hear more about your specific experiences on this great layout. As always, we take guest comments very seriously, and I appreciate all of the ones you shared. We do listen, but most importantly, we do something about it. Thanks again!

Forest Hill, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We spent the weekend at Lansdowns Resort for my nephew's wedding. The grounds were beautiful and the staff was very attentive. But the rooms were not up to par. The group room rate was over $200.00 with taxes. I don't mind spending the amount if I get my moneys worth. The bed was so saggy that the mattress needed to be replaced. The AC was not working very good. We had to set the thermostat at 68 to sleep. That should have be extremely cold but it was not. After the wedding we wanted to get a small bit to eat but the only place open was a bar that was hosting 3 wedding partys for drinks. Knowing that they were having a full house, they could have opened other bars to accommodate all the guest. I understand that September is "off season" but they were sold out of roooms so accommodate your guest.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights as part of our trip to Leesburg for a wedding., The food was exceptional. The reception at the Clubhouse ballroom was wonderful. The pre and post wedding atmosphere was fun with friends and family. The pools were great! The setting was just beautiful.

Room Tip: This was the one issue we were part of a wedding group that was literally all over the hotel and the...
Green Features: I loved the shampoo and conditioner being in big bottles in the shower wall- much less waste and a better quality product cold be offered,
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Elizabeth A,
Thanks so much for your great 5-star review! Our resort is one of the most amazing locations for a wedding in Northern Virginia and so glad to hear of your wonderful experience with us. We will see more than 100 weddings at the resort this year, but we take each and every one very seriously and do everything within our power to make that day the most memorable for for the bride, groom, their family and friends. Thanks again for your 5-star review and please come back when you can visit again.

Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Great resort! Recommend for bachelorette party!

This was my first stay as my friends and MOH have picked it for my bachelorette party weekend. I have to say that the resort exceeded my expectations. One negative is a late check in-4 PM and due to being busy with all the wedding guests they were not able to check us in earlier. Also the pool closes after Labor day.

But overall the resort and the rooms were very nicely updated and clean. It woudl be nice to have a fridge in the room but we could live without it. The fluffy robes made up for it:) The spa was my favorite part as the atmosphere is just very relaxing and soothing. Budget to spend there more time than just for your booked procedure since they have a hot tub, sauna and beautiful waiting room, where you can just relax and read magazines. They even have snack there:)

In the evening we had dinner in the restaurant with the view of the golf course. Not a very large selection on the menu but the salmon was def tasty.

The hotel restaurant also offers breakfast. Again, very happy with the food.

Also lastly, for the ones that like wine there is plenty of wineries in the neighborhood to visit.

Would stay again:)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Lansdowne Resort? Share your experiences!