“Weekend Get-A-Way” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Richmond, Virginia
“Weekend Get-A-Way”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Within a two hour drive from my home, it was a perfect destination for a weekend retreat. The staff was professional and the facilities and room was very clean and comfortable.

The pool is part of a membership club which was a bonus. It was very clean, well staffed and regular members added enjoyable interaction that is not usually available in a traditional hotel stay experience.

There is something for everyone to enjoy. On Saturday evening we had dinner in downtown Leesburg, lured into a local "watering hole" by the live music which was an added bonus.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Leslie1297

I am pleased to hear about your positive experience during your recent stay at Lansdowne Resort. Our four outdoor swimming pools are a great draw to the resort during the warmer months; glad that you had a chance to experience a day by the pool and hope that you will have an opportunity to return sometime soon.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Fairfax, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I haven't even stayed here yet, but have reservations coming soon at the end of the month. I received an email from the resort, welcoming me and my buddies to our upcoming 3 night stay using the golf package. The email suggested making dinner reservations. So I looked at their best restaurant, the Potomac?, but they only open Thurs - Sat, so that's out for us. Then I was told by a worker on the phone that the next best restaurant was the Crooked Billet, I called their number and the voice message stated that they are not open I believe on Monday/Tues I believe? Which means the only two full days we are there, only the bar restaurant is open?

So I decided to find some reviews on this Lansdowne resort....big mistake, now I feel like I should cancel everything and book my buddies at another place..(they are flying in from Texas, Hong Kong, and MD). Geesh, I'm not sure I want to take a chance with this place. The only good thing may be the golf, but we were also paying for the convenience of wining and dining on the premises...oh well. Oh yeah, I was only able to reserve breakfast at their buffet restaurant, but not dinner or lunch?? Dang, I have a bad, scary feeling.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear hmmm156

On behalf of the staff at the resort, we look forward to your stay with us and I would like to address some of the concerns that you’ve voiced prior to your arrival. The Crooked Billet is closed for dinner on Monday, but is open from 11:00am until 9:00pm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I will be following up with the manager of the Crooked Billet to ensure that the correct hours of operation are being relayed to guests who are calling to make a reservation. Riverside Hearth, our buffet dining is typically open every morning from 6:30am until 10:30am and then reopens for lunch at 11:30am until 2:00pm during the week. Stonewalls Tavern, which features a full menu as well as a selection from the bar is open on Monday from 2:00pm until 11:00pm. It is our goal to ensure that all guests have a place to dine for each meal period every day in addition to in room dining which is available daily from 6:00am until midnight. We would also be more than happy to arrange a special menu or dinner for you and your friends either in Stonewalls Tavern or in the comfort of your guest room, should you prefer.

I would enjoy the opportunity to speak with you in more about your upcoming stay so that I may ensure that you and your friends have an un-paralleled experience while at the resort. I can be reached by calling 877-509-8400.

Chevy Chase, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great quick getaway for Washingtonians. Good golf options (I am not much of a golfer and enjoyed the par 3/4 Executive course), spa, fitness center, pool, and tennis. Had a positive experience the three times I've been there, and the staff is quite accommodating (They packed a picnic for me to use at Wolftrap for a concert). And I was able to use a Living Social coupon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Maria O,
I am pleased to hear that you had such a nice “staycation” at Lansdowne Resort. Our Sharkbite 9-hole course is ideal for recreational golfers so we are glad you had a chance to play on the course. I’m glad you enjoyed your picnic and we hope to see you again for your fourth stay!

Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for a business trip. It rained the whole time I was there - but the grounds looked nice. I heard the spa is great. The food was good. And the ballroom was nice for our meeting. Check-in took a little longer than I would have liked.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear MLEisme,
Thank you for your positive feedback about your recent stay at Lansdowne Resort. I am glad that you were comfortable during your meeting and that you enjoyed your meals throughout your stay, although I do apologize for the rain. We will try to keep it sunny out here the next time you stay with us!

Humble, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Very nice facility, professional staff, beautiful grounds, I can't wait to return.. nice getaway to relax, enjoy and unwind. The family and I really enjoyed our 3 day stay at the resort. The Golf course is beautiful, the resort is surrounded by a nice neighborhood.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear napkat,
Thank you very much for your kind words about Lansdowne Resort. I am pleased to hear that you had such a positive experience at the resort and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back!

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in June. The greeting at the hotel reception was exceptionally friendly and can't fault the check in process. Our room was on the 5th floor. Although clean, the room was very dark and even with all the lights on and the curtains wide open it was still dark. This isn't helped by the dark decor. The beds were also not comfortable and quite lumpy.

However there is free WiFi and an in room safe for your valuables. There is no minibar or fridge in the room. And unless you have a car there are no shops closeby.

Dinner was a bit of a disappointment. Two restaurants were closed which left the golf restaurant (which was full) and the bar. We had no choice to eat in the bar. The food was the usual standard American bar offering and fine, but nothing exceptional. Breakfast was a buffet affair with omelettes cooked to order. There is no advertised price for the breakfast so you have to ask how much it is! Just be aware that you can have the continental version if you are not going to eat any of the hot foods at breakfast and it is considerably cheaper. But this is not explained to you at all.

Overall the resort was good. We were there for business and not to play golf or use the spa; but I would not intentionally return there for a vacation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at the resort. I am happy to hear that you received exceptional service from our front desk staff as it is very important to us that each and every guest receives a warm welcome. I am very disappointed to hear that your server did not discuss our breakfast options with you and I am going to make sure this is discussed with our food & beverage team. I do hope that if you find yourself in the area for either business or pleasure you will give the hotel another chance to exceed your expectations.

Stefan Huber
Annandale, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband decided to take me and our 18 month old baby for a weekend getaway for my birthday. We asked for a mini fridge and microwave so we could store and heat our toddler's food, but was told that they do not have fridges in the rooms, and if we need to microwave some-thing, bring it down to the front desk and they will get it done. Hmph! Not very convenient for me....for the price we paid for this room, these seem to be basic amenities that we are accustomed to at all other places we have stayed. I had two services at the SPA, which I thoroughly enjoyed, and was very pleased with the service. The room was simple but nicely laid out and clean, so was the bathroom. However, the walls seem to be very thin, as we could hear people's conversations and children yelling in the hallway late at night. We had lunch at Pub 46 Lounge - Food was bland, our waitress was nice and polite, but forgot to check on us for a long time....and my husband had to walk inside to call her to get the check. Breakfast at Riverside Hearth - Ambiance very family friendly. Lovely buffet; attentive and friendly waiter; food pretty good. Good experience here! Dinner at On The Potomac - Was waiting in line behind another family who were seated promptly with no questions asked by the hostess. While she was seating them, the Maitre D asked us if we had a reservation, when I asked him if we needed one he said they have a few reservations that have not come in yet, and looked at us like there was 'No room at the Inn' for us. I looked around and there were probably three tables occupied in the room. The Hostess then returned and asked him if she should seat us by the bar. She walked us over and gave us a table. We were not told that we would not actually have a server, but would be served by the bartender, who also had to make drinks for the other folks in the dining hall. Long story short, it took about 30 minutes for him to take our food order....after about 45 mins. I asked him to have the kitchen pack our food so we can take it up to our room. Only then did another guy literally rushed past our table and dropped off a basket of bread....with no plates. My husband was livid. I left him there to wait on our food and went back to our room with our baby...noting that the restaurant was still quite empty. The MaitreD called our room about 30 mins later to ask why we left....when I explained to him how unwelcome we were made to feel, starting with him, he made excuses, and offered to send up dessert. I declined, and told him that dessert would not make our experience any better. After we hung up, and was trying to make our baby sleep.....he kept calling back to the room, apparently to take $15 off our bill, which we saw the next morning when we got the final bill. The experience at this restaurant really marred our overall experience at this Resort, and we most likely will not be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear LEELA,
I’d like to start off by saying that I am glad that you had a positive experience in both Spa Minérale and in Riverside Hearth. That being said, I would like to apologize for the misinformation that you received regarding mini refrigerators and microwaves in the rooms. We do have them available for a small fee. This information should have been conveyed to you from the get-go as to avoid the situation that occurred. It disappoints me to hear about your experience in our restaurant. You should have been seated immediately if tables were open and not being held for reservations and your table should not have been left under the care of the bartender. I will be sure to speak with our Food & Beverage Director and the restaurant manager to avoid a similar situation from happening in the future, as it is our intention to provide each and every guest that dines with us with the best experience possible.

Stefan Huber
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
#6 of 7 in Leesburg
3.5 of 5 stars 188 reviews
Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
Courtyard by Marriott Dulles Town Center

Been to Lansdowne Resort? Share your experiences!