“Great Resort” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Tampa, Florida
“Great Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Resort was clean and staff were all very friendly and welcoming. I liked the lodge decor and the room was very well decorated.
The golf course was fantastic! Just dont use the restrooms, they are porta-johns - it needs desperate cleaning and needs running water. Other than that I have no compalints.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Annabel,
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Lansdowne Resort and that you were able to take advantage of the golf club. Thank you so much for recognizing that our team members were very friendly and welcoming. On the other hand I am terribly disappointed about the cleanliness of the restrooms on the golf courses. I will address this with our golf manager, as it is our goal to provide exceptional experiences out on the green for all of our guests. I do hope that you will play another round with us again soon!

Stefan Huber

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Ocean Grove
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were there for a wedding, room was nice and spacious, it was held outside, fantastic views, great place for the ceremony. Cocktail hour was also outside in the dimming light, good bar service and plenty of good finger food. Reception was insides, nice room, balcony off the backside in case you wanted to get away from the noise and cool off. Very few bad things to say: Temperature was not well regulated at the reception, kept getting warm, then cold, then warm. Food was very attractive, salad was good, but everyone's main course was rather bland and cold, but I guess it is hard to please over 100 people in 5 minutes, so I can't really hold this against them.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Doug M,
Thank you for your overall positive feedback regarding your recent stay at Lansdowne Resort. I am glad to hear that you had a lovely time at the wedding you were attending. It is unfortunate that the temperature was not regulated during the wedding. This is something that I will discuss with our Director of Engineering as it is our goal to make sure that each guest is comfortable. I will also discuss the food quality with our Executive Chef. The resort is very well known for its food quality and we take pride in each and every serving. Should you find yourself in the Northern Virginia area again, the team hopes to welcome you back to the resort!

NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Just returned from a three night stay with a large party of over 20 families and had a great time! We were in the area for a sports tournament over Memorial day weekend and decided to make the best of our time away by staying at a resort type property and so glad we did! Lansdowne was lovely... clean/spacious rooms, comfortable bed, staff was accommodating and attentive to our needs, outdoor pool and bar were perfect for both adults and kids. Few people found time to get a couple rounds of golf in and said the course was great. Unfortunately none of us were able to utilize the spa. Stonewalls was perfect hotel lobby/bar that all of us went to and on Sunday the hotel provided a complimentary shuttle so half dozen families could dine at a local restaurant. The resort is pricey, however it's a golf/spa resort so that's expected. I'd would definitely return to Lansdowne!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear evcm1,

It is fantastic to hear that you and your party had such a great time at Lansdowne Resort over the Memorial Day weekend. I love to hear when our guests with families are able to take advantage of much of what the resort has to offer including Stonewalls Tavern and our outdoor pools. My team members and I look forward to seeing you and your friends again in the future and hopefully next time you will get to utilize Spa Minérale!

Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I spent the Sunday night of Memorial Day weekend 2013 at the resort by myself. The trip was a belated Mother's Day present from my husband. My goal was to relax and to sleep since I have a 3 month old at home. The hotel was loud and the service wasn't great.

I went to the spa before I checked in and had arranged it so I could get into my room shortly after my last appointment ended. When I went to check in my room was not available and I was told it would be ready in 45 minutes and the front desk would call me. I was slightly disappointed, but I gave them my number and meandered out to the patio area to wait (lovely view of the mountains, but the outdoor pool was blasting very loud music).

45 minutes later--no call. I went back to the desk again and was told my room wouldn't be available until 4:00. I was confused because I was told over the phone that check in was at 3:00. The front desk corrected me and said that check-in is at 3:00, but guaranteed check in is not until 4:00. At this point I was frustrated, and sticky from the spa and wanting a shower, and I am nursing my baby so I had to pump. After consulting with a mystery manager the man at the desk informed me that they had a different room on a different floor available. After I got into the room, I realized they had not delivered the mini fridge I had requested (at a charge of $30). I had to wait another 30 minutes before I could hop in the shower because I waiting for that. It was shortly after the fridge was delivered that I realized I could hear the blasting music and megaphone from the pool area in my room. At that point I was too tired and annoyed to complain. I did call the front desk to ask when the music would stop--they didn't apologize, didn't offer to change my room, and seemed perplexed that I even cared that my room sounded like a circa 1980s night club. The music did stop around 7:00 or so, but the walls must have been built out of paper mache. I could hear all all the hotel guests' conversations in the hallway at 11:00pm, I could hear water and conversations from other rooms, and every time someone left their room the door would slam and shake the walls. Needless to say I did not get the much needed sleep I had desired.

The hotel was clean, but it and the resort were very cookie cutter and bland. The rooms had nice furniture, nice views, and nice bathrooms, but there wasn't anything extraordinary or high end about them. I imagine if you're a golfer you'd be in heaven, but other than that it just seemed very generic to me. I won't be going back, nor will I recommend it.

Room Tip: Don't get a room that is near the pool because it is very noisy.
Green Features: I did not see any recycling containers in the rooms or in the hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear isaleistar
I terribly regret there was a misunderstanding regarding our check-in time which caused a great deal of frustration for you. I am not certain how this could have happened, but the housekeeping team needs time to prepare guestrooms to the exacting standards of cleanliness. I am also discouraged to hear that our staff was not more empathetic to your situation when you called downstairs regarding the noise from the pool. It was a busy weekend for us, being that it was the first official weekend that our outdoor pools were open. There is always room for improvement and I will be sure to discuss the noise levels at the outdoor pools as we progress through our summer season The team is hopeful that you will one day return and give us another chance to make a better impression.

DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is my first trip to the Lansdowne Resort and I would definitely come again! The room was very clean, beautiful and the bed was comfortable and plush. It was even larger than I expected. My husband and I were staying here celebrating our 15th anniversary and there were severeal large weddings going on and we had wondered if that would be a problem with noise and chaos, but it was not. The rooms are very sound proof and we had an amazing time. I wish we had longer to stay to enjoy even more that the hotel had to offer. We will definitely be back!

Merritt Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Hotel is situated on lovely grounds. I don't know if all the rooms are small but ours certainly was. It was nice, however, and comfortable. The only meal we ate there was the breakfast buffet, which was good (albeit pricey). I don't eat much in the morning, but I like some hot choices. I asked the waiter about ordering off the menu rather than eating from the buffet, and was told that it was far more economical to choose the buffet. As an example, he told me a glass of orange juice would cost $14.00, but would be included in the buffet. Since he never brought a menu, I couldn't verify that, but I had a sense that he was really pushing the buffet. With tax and tip, the buffet was about $50 for two of us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear cocobch,
It’s nice to hear that you had a pleasant stay at the resort, but troublesome to hear about your experience in Riverside Hearth. We pride ourselves in providing our guests with a variety of ordering options based on their desires. We will be sure to follow up on this matter with our Director of Food and Beverage to ensure our staff provides accurate information and fully understands the guest’s breakfast needs. We do hope that you will join us again in the future as we are committed to making your stay exceptional.

Chesapeake, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Beware of not getting what you booked and paid for. For her honeymoon my daughter booked a King Accessible room. This due to the fact that her new husband is wheelchair bound and needs a larger bed to accommodate his size and muscle spasms in his legs. He is 6'3" laying down. They called for a late check in. When they got to their room it was double room not a King. Being late and not wanting to cause a fuss they stayed in the room the 1st night and then decided to not to complain and stay the 2nd night. When I found out I immediately called with my concern and was told that the price was the same and they can change you if they need too. This made me rather mad as they acted like his was no big deal. From a wheelchair bound perspective this is a HUGE deal. If they would have known this in advance they would not have gone to this resort. All I received were a bunch of I'm sorry's and the managers address.

Room Tip: Beware, the room you book may not be the room you get
Dear skip620,
We deeply apologize for the inconvenience that your daughter and her husband experienced. We agree that this is an oversight that should not have gone unattended and understand your frustration with the situation. We can assure you that we will look further into this matter to better understand where there might have been a miscommunication on our end. We take pride in making the comfort and care of our valuable guests, top priority.

Stefan Huber

Been to Lansdowne Resort? Share your experiences!