“Lovely holiday weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
NJ
“Lovely holiday weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Just returned from a three night stay with a large party of over 20 families and had a great time! We were in the area for a sports tournament over Memorial day weekend and decided to make the best of our time away by staying at a resort type property and so glad we did! Lansdowne was lovely... clean/spacious rooms, comfortable bed, staff was accommodating and attentive to our needs, outdoor pool and bar were perfect for both adults and kids. Few people found time to get a couple rounds of golf in and said the course was great. Unfortunately none of us were able to utilize the spa. Stonewalls was perfect hotel lobby/bar that all of us went to and on Sunday the hotel provided a complimentary shuttle so half dozen families could dine at a local restaurant. The resort is pricey, however it's a golf/spa resort so that's expected. I'd would definitely return to Lansdowne!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
LansdowneResortGM, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear evcm1,

It is fantastic to hear that you and your party had such a great time at Lansdowne Resort over the Memorial Day weekend. I love to hear when our guests with families are able to take advantage of much of what the resort has to offer including Stonewalls Tavern and our outdoor pools. My team members and I look forward to seeing you and your friends again in the future and hopefully next time you will get to utilize Spa Minérale!

Stefan Huber

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I spent the Sunday night of Memorial Day weekend 2013 at the resort by myself. The trip was a belated Mother's Day present from my husband. My goal was to relax and to sleep since I have a 3 month old at home. The hotel was loud and the service wasn't great.

I went to the spa before I checked in and had arranged it so I could get into my room shortly after my last appointment ended. When I went to check in my room was not available and I was told it would be ready in 45 minutes and the front desk would call me. I was slightly disappointed, but I gave them my number and meandered out to the patio area to wait (lovely view of the mountains, but the outdoor pool was blasting very loud music).

45 minutes later--no call. I went back to the desk again and was told my room wouldn't be available until 4:00. I was confused because I was told over the phone that check in was at 3:00. The front desk corrected me and said that check-in is at 3:00, but guaranteed check in is not until 4:00. At this point I was frustrated, and sticky from the spa and wanting a shower, and I am nursing my baby so I had to pump. After consulting with a mystery manager the man at the desk informed me that they had a different room on a different floor available. After I got into the room, I realized they had not delivered the mini fridge I had requested (at a charge of $30). I had to wait another 30 minutes before I could hop in the shower because I waiting for that. It was shortly after the fridge was delivered that I realized I could hear the blasting music and megaphone from the pool area in my room. At that point I was too tired and annoyed to complain. I did call the front desk to ask when the music would stop--they didn't apologize, didn't offer to change my room, and seemed perplexed that I even cared that my room sounded like a circa 1980s night club. The music did stop around 7:00 or so, but the walls must have been built out of paper mache. I could hear all all the hotel guests' conversations in the hallway at 11:00pm, I could hear water and conversations from other rooms, and every time someone left their room the door would slam and shake the walls. Needless to say I did not get the much needed sleep I had desired.

The hotel was clean, but it and the resort were very cookie cutter and bland. The rooms had nice furniture, nice views, and nice bathrooms, but there wasn't anything extraordinary or high end about them. I imagine if you're a golfer you'd be in heaven, but other than that it just seemed very generic to me. I won't be going back, nor will I recommend it.

Room Tip: Don't get a room that is near the pool because it is very noisy.
Green Features: I did not see any recycling containers in the rooms or in the hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear isaleistar
I terribly regret there was a misunderstanding regarding our check-in time which caused a great deal of frustration for you. I am not certain how this could have happened, but the housekeeping team needs time to prepare guestrooms to the exacting standards of cleanliness. I am also discouraged to hear that our staff was not more empathetic to your situation when you called downstairs regarding the noise from the pool. It was a busy weekend for us, being that it was the first official weekend that our outdoor pools were open. There is always room for improvement and I will be sure to discuss the noise levels at the outdoor pools as we progress through our summer season The team is hopeful that you will one day return and give us another chance to make a better impression.

DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is my first trip to the Lansdowne Resort and I would definitely come again! The room was very clean, beautiful and the bed was comfortable and plush. It was even larger than I expected. My husband and I were staying here celebrating our 15th anniversary and there were severeal large weddings going on and we had wondered if that would be a problem with noise and chaos, but it was not. The rooms are very sound proof and we had an amazing time. I wish we had longer to stay to enjoy even more that the hotel had to offer. We will definitely be back!

Merritt Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Hotel is situated on lovely grounds. I don't know if all the rooms are small but ours certainly was. It was nice, however, and comfortable. The only meal we ate there was the breakfast buffet, which was good (albeit pricey). I don't eat much in the morning, but I like some hot choices. I asked the waiter about ordering off the menu rather than eating from the buffet, and was told that it was far more economical to choose the buffet. As an example, he told me a glass of orange juice would cost $14.00, but would be included in the buffet. Since he never brought a menu, I couldn't verify that, but I had a sense that he was really pushing the buffet. With tax and tip, the buffet was about $50 for two of us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear cocobch,
It’s nice to hear that you had a pleasant stay at the resort, but troublesome to hear about your experience in Riverside Hearth. We pride ourselves in providing our guests with a variety of ordering options based on their desires. We will be sure to follow up on this matter with our Director of Food and Beverage to ensure our staff provides accurate information and fully understands the guest’s breakfast needs. We do hope that you will join us again in the future as we are committed to making your stay exceptional.

Chesapeake, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Beware of not getting what you booked and paid for. For her honeymoon my daughter booked a King Accessible room. This due to the fact that her new husband is wheelchair bound and needs a larger bed to accommodate his size and muscle spasms in his legs. He is 6'3" laying down. They called for a late check in. When they got to their room it was double room not a King. Being late and not wanting to cause a fuss they stayed in the room the 1st night and then decided to not to complain and stay the 2nd night. When I found out I immediately called with my concern and was told that the price was the same and they can change you if they need too. This made me rather mad as they acted like his was no big deal. From a wheelchair bound perspective this is a HUGE deal. If they would have known this in advance they would not have gone to this resort. All I received were a bunch of I'm sorry's and the managers address.

Room Tip: Beware, the room you book may not be the room you get
Dear skip620,
We deeply apologize for the inconvenience that your daughter and her husband experienced. We agree that this is an oversight that should not have gone unattended and understand your frustration with the situation. We can assure you that we will look further into this matter to better understand where there might have been a miscommunication on our end. We take pride in making the comfort and care of our valuable guests, top priority.

Lansdowne, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here quite a few times and the location is about the only good thing. The view that looks out to the Potomac is beautiful. The inside of the hotel needs serious work. It looks so old and out dated. The waterfall when you walk to the stairs was moldy, green mold all the way down and that was disgusting! With it being such a highlight of the hotel who wants to see that? You would think the staff would notice it and do something! The wallpaper on some of the walls was peeling off, trashy. The service was just ehh. Didn't get a great welcome or anything. This was a work trip so fortunately my job paid for it, otherwise I wouldn't have wasted my own money here. The room was very small and smelled old and of moth balls. The walls were so thin I could hear the people next to me having some "fun". There was hair on my pillows so I called down and asked for new ones, they were sent up right away. TV didn't work and the shower head was crappy. The shower had not been cleaned and it was very obvious. I grabbed my stuff and went to the front desk and explained the situation, manager came over and said "are you sure you didn't shower and make it dirty?" I was appalled i was being accused of that! I was in the room for no more than 10 minutes and spent 5 of it on the phone with front desk for new pillows. I asked them to please give me a cleaner room with working TV, clean pillows and clean shower. They did, but with attitude. Still was not impressed with the room, it was ridiculously over priced and really outdated. Had dinner at Lansdowne on the Potomac, again, not worth the money. Not impressed with the food or service. There were only 4 other people in there and they were saying how bad the food and service was. I knew I wasn't alone then! The hotel needs a lot of work, the managers need to read these reviews and actually do something about it and not just post a comment after these reviews! Take a hint guys!!! Also had a Mani/Pedi at the spa and it was not even close to worth the money! Lady was rude and hurt my nails, nail polish only lasted 3 days. Wouldn't come back here ever again even if my company did offer to pay! I will not recommend this place to anyone I know. Don't go here, NOT worth the money or your time!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear LoveLifeAlways7,
We can assure you that we take each and every review that we receive very seriously and share them with each department that is mentioned in every review. If you wouldn’t mind discussing your experience further, I’d like to speak with you about your recent stay as it sounds like there were many areas that are in need of improvement. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. I can be reached by dialing 877-509-8400. I look forward to speaking with you regarding your recent stay.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I chose Lansdowne as one of two hotels I had my wedding blocks for my May 11th wedding in Leesburg. My bridal party and family stayed in Lansdowne, as did my new husband and I. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous, and the suites are large and beautiful. I recommend this to be the hotel for any bride marrying in or around Leesburg, as the facility is top-notch, and also for Stonewalls Taven - the beautiful hotel bar - which is spacious and beautiful with live music, pool tables, shuffleboard tables, and plenty of seating room. Stonewalls was the perfect location for our afterparty on both Friday and Saturday nights, after the Rehearsal Dinner and Wedding, respectively. My only negative experience was with the wedding/event coordinators, who were difficult to get a hold of and very slow to respond. I had many guests initially book outside of the block because they had difficulty booking in the block for some reason. It was a hassle to have them moved into my block, and also keeping track of who had booked at the hotel. I did not have this issue with the other hotel. All in all, despite the inconvenience, it was worth it for the beautiful hotel, which was perfect for a wedding weekend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Michele G,
First off, congratulations on your wedding! We are so happy to hear that you had a lovely event as it is our commitment to providing all of our brides and grooms with a day they will never forget. We will be sure to follow up with the catering team with regards to your inability to reach them while planning your event. It is our responsibility to answer every request from each guest within 24 hours if not sooner and it sounds like that did not happen in this case which is unacceptable.
We do hope to see you again for your anniversary stay and hope that your next stay will be another unforgettable experience at Lansdowne Resort.

Stefan Huber

Been to Lansdowne Resort? Share your experiences!