“Nicely appointed” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Leesburg
Merritt Island
“Nicely appointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Hotel is situated on lovely grounds. I don't know if all the rooms are small but ours certainly was. It was nice, however, and comfortable. The only meal we ate there was the breakfast buffet, which was good (albeit pricey). I don't eat much in the morning, but I like some hot choices. I asked the waiter about ordering off the menu rather than eating from the buffet, and was told that it was far more economical to choose the buffet. As an example, he told me a glass of orange juice would cost $14.00, but would be included in the buffet. Since he never brought a menu, I couldn't verify that, but I had a sense that he was really pushing the buffet. With tax and tip, the buffet was about $50 for two of us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear cocobch,
It’s nice to hear that you had a pleasant stay at the resort, but troublesome to hear about your experience in Riverside Hearth. We pride ourselves in providing our guests with a variety of ordering options based on their desires. We will be sure to follow up on this matter with our Director of Food and Beverage to ensure our staff provides accurate information and fully understands the guest’s breakfast needs. We do hope that you will join us again in the future as we are committed to making your stay exceptional.

569 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Chesapeake, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Beware of not getting what you booked and paid for. For her honeymoon my daughter booked a King Accessible room. This due to the fact that her new husband is wheelchair bound and needs a larger bed to accommodate his size and muscle spasms in his legs. He is 6'3" laying down. They called for a late check in. When they got to their room it was double room not a King. Being late and not wanting to cause a fuss they stayed in the room the 1st night and then decided to not to complain and stay the 2nd night. When I found out I immediately called with my concern and was told that the price was the same and they can change you if they need too. This made me rather mad as they acted like his was no big deal. From a wheelchair bound perspective this is a HUGE deal. If they would have known this in advance they would not have gone to this resort. All I received were a bunch of I'm sorry's and the managers address.

Room Tip: Beware, the room you book may not be the room you get
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear skip620,
We deeply apologize for the inconvenience that your daughter and her husband experienced. We agree that this is an oversight that should not have gone unattended and understand your frustration with the situation. We can assure you that we will look further into this matter to better understand where there might have been a miscommunication on our end. We take pride in making the comfort and care of our valuable guests, top priority.

Lansdowne, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here quite a few times and the location is about the only good thing. The view that looks out to the Potomac is beautiful. The inside of the hotel needs serious work. It looks so old and out dated. The waterfall when you walk to the stairs was moldy, green mold all the way down and that was disgusting! With it being such a highlight of the hotel who wants to see that? You would think the staff would notice it and do something! The wallpaper on some of the walls was peeling off, trashy. The service was just ehh. Didn't get a great welcome or anything. This was a work trip so fortunately my job paid for it, otherwise I wouldn't have wasted my own money here. The room was very small and smelled old and of moth balls. The walls were so thin I could hear the people next to me having some "fun". There was hair on my pillows so I called down and asked for new ones, they were sent up right away. TV didn't work and the shower head was crappy. The shower had not been cleaned and it was very obvious. I grabbed my stuff and went to the front desk and explained the situation, manager came over and said "are you sure you didn't shower and make it dirty?" I was appalled i was being accused of that! I was in the room for no more than 10 minutes and spent 5 of it on the phone with front desk for new pillows. I asked them to please give me a cleaner room with working TV, clean pillows and clean shower. They did, but with attitude. Still was not impressed with the room, it was ridiculously over priced and really outdated. Had dinner at Lansdowne on the Potomac, again, not worth the money. Not impressed with the food or service. There were only 4 other people in there and they were saying how bad the food and service was. I knew I wasn't alone then! The hotel needs a lot of work, the managers need to read these reviews and actually do something about it and not just post a comment after these reviews! Take a hint guys!!! Also had a Mani/Pedi at the spa and it was not even close to worth the money! Lady was rude and hurt my nails, nail polish only lasted 3 days. Wouldn't come back here ever again even if my company did offer to pay! I will not recommend this place to anyone I know. Don't go here, NOT worth the money or your time!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear LoveLifeAlways7,
We can assure you that we take each and every review that we receive very seriously and share them with each department that is mentioned in every review. If you wouldn’t mind discussing your experience further, I’d like to speak with you about your recent stay as it sounds like there were many areas that are in need of improvement. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. I can be reached by dialing 877-509-8400. I look forward to speaking with you regarding your recent stay.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I chose Lansdowne as one of two hotels I had my wedding blocks for my May 11th wedding in Leesburg. My bridal party and family stayed in Lansdowne, as did my new husband and I. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous, and the suites are large and beautiful. I recommend this to be the hotel for any bride marrying in or around Leesburg, as the facility is top-notch, and also for Stonewalls Taven - the beautiful hotel bar - which is spacious and beautiful with live music, pool tables, shuffleboard tables, and plenty of seating room. Stonewalls was the perfect location for our afterparty on both Friday and Saturday nights, after the Rehearsal Dinner and Wedding, respectively. My only negative experience was with the wedding/event coordinators, who were difficult to get a hold of and very slow to respond. I had many guests initially book outside of the block because they had difficulty booking in the block for some reason. It was a hassle to have them moved into my block, and also keeping track of who had booked at the hotel. I did not have this issue with the other hotel. All in all, despite the inconvenience, it was worth it for the beautiful hotel, which was perfect for a wedding weekend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Michele G,
First off, congratulations on your wedding! We are so happy to hear that you had a lovely event as it is our commitment to providing all of our brides and grooms with a day they will never forget. We will be sure to follow up with the catering team with regards to your inability to reach them while planning your event. It is our responsibility to answer every request from each guest within 24 hours if not sooner and it sounds like that did not happen in this case which is unacceptable.
We do hope to see you again for your anniversary stay and hope that your next stay will be another unforgettable experience at Lansdowne Resort.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My family and I stayed here for my sister's wedding. The rooms are nice. What really prompted me to give a 4 star rating was the staff. They were so friendly and very accomodative. We felt like they really made such an effort to meet our needs.

I would love to come and stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear travelbabe14,
Congratulations to you and your family on the wedding of your sister! We are thrilled to hear that you had such a positive experience and that our staff was warm and welcoming as it is our goal to provide each and every guest with an outstanding experience when they stay at Lansdowne Resort. We look forward to welcoming you and your family again in the future!

Sincerely
Albany New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

United Airlines cancelled my connecting flight in Dulles and put me up here. Thank goodness it was for one night only and mostly not at my expense (the meal vouchers didn't cover half the cost for the meals). Because this visit was unexpected, I didn't have much in the way of clothing options and couldn't eat in the restaurant for dinner. The pub had a sandwich that sounded OK but was awful: blackened portobello shreds burdened by smoked gouda,wilted arugula with tough stems, and a nasty balsamic vinegar reduction. I was too tired to send it back and start over, so I ate what could, then went to my room, which had an odd odor I later figured out was animal urine (they do allow pets, apparently). I was exhausted and fell asleep, only to be awakened by loud voices in the hallway and banging room doors, which went on intermittently from 12:30-1:30. I got up early and tired, eager to get away. Breakfast was supposed to be available from 6:30, but it wasn't. I skipped the $22 hot buffet and opted for the $13 cold buffet. First, my place setting at the table was dirty (food stuck to the spoon and knife). The waiter was drenched in cologne. At the food table, I had to set aside several dishes with food still on them to find a clean one to use.

The hotel information says that the airport shuttle runs every half hour, but it is every hour - no explanation or apologies for the discrepancy.

Only one computer in the business center was working. I was given wrong directions to the center twice.

I reported all this to a young woman who identified herself as the manager. She said they would look into what I mentioned, but she wrote nothing down.

Throughout all this, I received not a single apology or any expression of concern. Having just come from a near-perfect stay at the Drury in New Orleans, the Landsdowne was a shock. They seem way too impressed with themselves. I have had a lot of experience over the years at events at golf resorts. This is the worst one I have seen.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Reviewer86,
Thank you for taking the time out to comment on your recent stay with us. I would like extend my sincerest apologies on behalf of my staff for the less than pleasurable stay you experienced. Our goal is to consistently provide the highest quality in both product and service and it is vital to our continued success to know when we have fallen short of our own high standards.
Let me assure you this is an isolated incident and that actions have been taken to make sure this does not happen again. We appreciate your feedback and we hope you will give us another chance.

Annandale, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I had been eagerly awaiting my two-day spa trip to the Lansdowne resort. My room was very pleasant and clean. Resulting from some type of roof top construction happening right outside my bedroom window, sleeping in was not an option. The spa was delightful, and I enjoyed both of my treatments. Although, there was about a 30 minute period where I could hear drilling from the relaxation room. Thankfully it stopped. Needless to say, it was a waste of money and my time I will not be returning.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sandra H,
It is truly disappointing to learn that your recent stay did not meet your expectations. We extend our sincerest apologies if you were disrupted by outside noise during your stay, however, we appreciate that you brought it to our attention. Please be assured that your review will be shared with our management team to ensure that we continue to put our guests first and deliver a pleasant experience. Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback, it is our hope to have a future opportunity to impress you with a more enjoyable stay.

Stefan Huber

Been to Lansdowne Resort? Share your experiences!