“Outstanding customer service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Illinois
“Outstanding customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Two night stay on business. Grounds and building are fabulous, I did not use their golfing facilities. Cost was competitive for this level of accomodations, however the guest room was just not what I expected as I drove up. Guest room was VERY clean, updated colors, bath very nice, but the room felt as though it had received a mild face-lift vs. a complete updating. Also, I heard more 'early morning bath noise' through the walls from adjoining rooms that I would have expected at this level of accomodations.The staff at the Lansdowne were simply excellent; very helpful and very professional. Meals were also very high quality and enjoyable. I'd visit again; the only item keeping them from a 5 rating was the level of quality in the guest room I had during the stay.

Room Tip: North side has great rolling hills to view from your room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Silver Spring, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We were given a gift certificate for one night and a free breakfast. We discovered a beautiful facility with extraordinary staff. The customer service was the best I have ever encountered. The food was free and very tasty and the wait staff was extremely professional. Everyone with whom we had contact was wonderful. We intend to return soon and to stay longer. This place is a must visit for anyone who wants relaxation in a beautiful setting and to be treated royally.

Room Tip: Ask for a king bed on the corner of the building, overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Dancinglibrarian,
What a beautiful review! How wonderful that you were able to escape the everyday during your stay at the Lansdowne Resort. We are happy to learn that our relaxing atmosphere, our dining options, majestic views and friendly staff helped to transport you to place of tranquility. We truly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with us, we certainly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you for a stay at our resort soon.

Danville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed at Lansdowne Resort for a conference recently, no golf was included. The property is very nice looking from the outside, and public areas are very nice as well. The rooms are very average. For the prices you pay, you would expect more, these are just one notch above a Holiday Inn, and well below a Marriott. The price is higher than you would expect to pay at a Marriott. In addition, they add a $20 "resort fee" that includes a copy of USA Today, a bottle of water, and the privileged of parking your car yourself in the self parking lot. The food was alright, but again bit pricey. They have a pretty good buffet, but it is only open on certain days.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Buck4you,
While we’re glad you enjoyed our location and found our lobby inviting, we deeply regret that your experience was not more positive. It is important that our guests not only experience a relaxing, resort getaway but also feel that we are a value. Your comments will be shared with our management team to ensure we take every opportunity to exceed our guests’ expectations. We hope you'll reconsider giving us another chance in the future so that we may change your impression of the resort, thank you.

Metuchen, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the resort for a girls getaway. I had purchased a livingsocial deal during the holidays for a two night stay, with a spa treatment. The moment we arrived we knew this was going to be a nice and relaxing getaway. The service desk provided us directions for downtown Leesburg, and a map of the local wineries. We were unaware of what Leesburg and the surrounding areas had to offer. We spent most of our time hopping around the local wineries, and each place we met someone who talked so highly of the resort and provided us great recommendations of where to eat and drink. I was lucky enough to also have a relaxing spa experience, the spa was clean and the staff were friendly and professional. We really enjoyed our stay and have already recommended it to others, and hopefully we can get back there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear NLynch22,
We couldn't be more thrilled to hear the enthusiasm you've shared regarding your stay with us at Lansdowne Resort. We’re pleased to read you were able to fill your days with plenty of activities. Our location is convenient to many of the local wineries and historic downtown Leesburg. The satisfaction of our guests is our priority, so to know that you had a wonderful stay with us is touching. Thank you for your wonderful feedback and recommendation to your family and friends.

Clifton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Good location (near IAD) for a business meeting. Lots of conference rooms (large and small), several dining rooms and spas/fitness activities. Rooms are very clean but a bit dated. Stayed here 7 years ago and not much has changed. Bed very comfortable. Where is the fan in the bathroom - a bit steamy?? I would also question why the treadmills over look the lap pool.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear PinkTheta,
While we’re glad you enjoyed our location and found our rooms clean and bed comfortable, we deeply regret that your bathroom was a bit steamy. I will forward your comments to our Director of Facilities for his review. Thank you for your feedback; we look forward to welcoming you back for another visit in the future!

Gothenburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

An overbooked flight put me at this hotel for one night.
Arrived late at night and left after breakfast.
Breakfast was really good. The room was not quite as nice as the rest of the hotel.
Spent the following day ett the Leesburg Outlet wich was very good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear SecondTry,
Thank you for your review and for taking the time to share your perspective. We’re pleased to read you were able to spend the day shopping at the Leesburg outlets after you enjoyed a great breakfast; what a wonderful way to spend your day. It is our hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back so that you may experience all we have to offer during another pleasant stay.

Arlington, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I would love to say really really good things about this place because it has real potential; but it did fall short. The saving grace was my husband had a GREAT time golfing.

My room smelled like smoke when I arrived. They kindly and quickly changed my room-no harm, no foul. I needed them to remove the down bedding-they addressed this quickly. It all fell down with the spa experience. The changing room was really nice and stocked with nice amenities. The massage was average-not great, not the worst. The plus was they had eucalyptus oil to help with my congestion. The staff in the quiet room was friendly. However, there were old cups scattered about-the room should be monitored regularly for cleanliness. They used plastic cups which was surprising considering how upscale the spa appeared to be-use glass. Better for the environment and more economical. And they had a fireplace but it was "broken"?!? The room was chilly and the fireplace would have really added to the ambiance. The final kick was with the bill-outrageous considering a 50 minutes couples massage was included in my package. I should have been paying only for an upgrade to 75 minutes and a gratuity. The tag was so high I lost my post massage glow. Fast forward to the next day-when I checked out, I found out my bill had not been credited correctly. My friends who joined me experienced the same problem--between our two rooms we were charged over $1200 for 2-75 minute couples massages. It took 30 minutes on site and a phone call to rectify the mess.

We next went to On the Potomac for dinner. Raun the bartender greeted us warmly and helped us all choose a wine for the evening. Then the wheels fell off the bus. The restaurant was not busy. The waiter took his time greeting us. It took 20 minutes for him to take our drink order. 30 minutes for bread. 45 minutes for appetizers and over an hour for our main course. This was enough time for the guests to leave from the table behind us, it was reset, another group came, and surprise, their food came practically the same time as ours. We ordered lobster tails and were informed they were out, and we'd received lobster claws instead. We weren't served that, we were given what looked to be a half a lobster tail a piece. We informed the manager of the slowness and of the lobster, he offers to give us the "tails" for free. But the slowness continued, the food was cold, and then we were charged for food we never received. At that point my husband was livid. He pulled aside the manager again and he took care of the bill for us. We were so disgusted we turned down the free dessert offer and went to our room. It was so late in the evening at that point we couldn't even do anything else.

The next day I went to the clubhouse and order a martini and truffle fries. The fries never came. I'd understand if the place were busy, but it wasn't. There were only four of us sitting there at the bar. Come on, really?!?

So when you put all those things together you see why it was just okay. The golfing was great. I really enjoyed the buffet breakfast. Like I said, Raun gave impeccable service. And Kristen at the front desk did a great job cleaning up the spa's mess with the bill. But it was an anniversary present that my girlfriend and I were giving to our husbands and it just turned out to be real hassle. Too bad really, this place has a lot of potential.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Elijayen,
Thank you for staying with us and I appreciate your comments with regards to your stay with us. We hope our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, so we are truly disappointed to read that you felt your stay could have been improved upon. It is also disheartening to learn that you felt the service you received was amiss during any moment of your time with us, we are truly sorry if you experienced anything less than our best. We will be certain to share your comments with all members of our team in order to explore areas of our guest experience that may be improved upon. Our goal in fact is to make you feel welcomed and everything to be working properly. We have addressed the issue you experienced in On The Potomac and Crooked Billet with our Director of Food and Beverage. Thank you again for writing and we sincerely hope that you allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our true level of hospitality and service.

Stefan Huber

Been to Lansdowne Resort? Share your experiences!