“Girls Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Leesburg
Metuchen, New Jersey
“Girls Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the resort for a girls getaway. I had purchased a livingsocial deal during the holidays for a two night stay, with a spa treatment. The moment we arrived we knew this was going to be a nice and relaxing getaway. The service desk provided us directions for downtown Leesburg, and a map of the local wineries. We were unaware of what Leesburg and the surrounding areas had to offer. We spent most of our time hopping around the local wineries, and each place we met someone who talked so highly of the resort and provided us great recommendations of where to eat and drink. I was lucky enough to also have a relaxing spa experience, the spa was clean and the staff were friendly and professional. We really enjoyed our stay and have already recommended it to others, and hopefully we can get back there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear NLynch22,
We couldn't be more thrilled to hear the enthusiasm you've shared regarding your stay with us at Lansdowne Resort. We’re pleased to read you were able to fill your days with plenty of activities. Our location is convenient to many of the local wineries and historic downtown Leesburg. The satisfaction of our guests is our priority, so to know that you had a wonderful stay with us is touching. Thank you for your wonderful feedback and recommendation to your family and friends.

620 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Clifton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Good location (near IAD) for a business meeting. Lots of conference rooms (large and small), several dining rooms and spas/fitness activities. Rooms are very clean but a bit dated. Stayed here 7 years ago and not much has changed. Bed very comfortable. Where is the fan in the bathroom - a bit steamy?? I would also question why the treadmills over look the lap pool.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear PinkTheta,
While we’re glad you enjoyed our location and found our rooms clean and bed comfortable, we deeply regret that your bathroom was a bit steamy. I will forward your comments to our Director of Facilities for his review. Thank you for your feedback; we look forward to welcoming you back for another visit in the future!

Gothenburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

An overbooked flight put me at this hotel for one night.
Arrived late at night and left after breakfast.
Breakfast was really good. The room was not quite as nice as the rest of the hotel.
Spent the following day ett the Leesburg Outlet wich was very good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear SecondTry,
Thank you for your review and for taking the time to share your perspective. We’re pleased to read you were able to spend the day shopping at the Leesburg outlets after you enjoyed a great breakfast; what a wonderful way to spend your day. It is our hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back so that you may experience all we have to offer during another pleasant stay.

Arlington, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I would love to say really really good things about this place because it has real potential; but it did fall short. The saving grace was my husband had a GREAT time golfing.

My room smelled like smoke when I arrived. They kindly and quickly changed my room-no harm, no foul. I needed them to remove the down bedding-they addressed this quickly. It all fell down with the spa experience. The changing room was really nice and stocked with nice amenities. The massage was average-not great, not the worst. The plus was they had eucalyptus oil to help with my congestion. The staff in the quiet room was friendly. However, there were old cups scattered about-the room should be monitored regularly for cleanliness. They used plastic cups which was surprising considering how upscale the spa appeared to be-use glass. Better for the environment and more economical. And they had a fireplace but it was "broken"?!? The room was chilly and the fireplace would have really added to the ambiance. The final kick was with the bill-outrageous considering a 50 minutes couples massage was included in my package. I should have been paying only for an upgrade to 75 minutes and a gratuity. The tag was so high I lost my post massage glow. Fast forward to the next day-when I checked out, I found out my bill had not been credited correctly. My friends who joined me experienced the same problem--between our two rooms we were charged over $1200 for 2-75 minute couples massages. It took 30 minutes on site and a phone call to rectify the mess.

We next went to On the Potomac for dinner. Raun the bartender greeted us warmly and helped us all choose a wine for the evening. Then the wheels fell off the bus. The restaurant was not busy. The waiter took his time greeting us. It took 20 minutes for him to take our drink order. 30 minutes for bread. 45 minutes for appetizers and over an hour for our main course. This was enough time for the guests to leave from the table behind us, it was reset, another group came, and surprise, their food came practically the same time as ours. We ordered lobster tails and were informed they were out, and we'd received lobster claws instead. We weren't served that, we were given what looked to be a half a lobster tail a piece. We informed the manager of the slowness and of the lobster, he offers to give us the "tails" for free. But the slowness continued, the food was cold, and then we were charged for food we never received. At that point my husband was livid. He pulled aside the manager again and he took care of the bill for us. We were so disgusted we turned down the free dessert offer and went to our room. It was so late in the evening at that point we couldn't even do anything else.

The next day I went to the clubhouse and order a martini and truffle fries. The fries never came. I'd understand if the place were busy, but it wasn't. There were only four of us sitting there at the bar. Come on, really?!?

So when you put all those things together you see why it was just okay. The golfing was great. I really enjoyed the buffet breakfast. Like I said, Raun gave impeccable service. And Kristen at the front desk did a great job cleaning up the spa's mess with the bill. But it was an anniversary present that my girlfriend and I were giving to our husbands and it just turned out to be real hassle. Too bad really, this place has a lot of potential.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Elijayen,
Thank you for staying with us and I appreciate your comments with regards to your stay with us. We hope our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, so we are truly disappointed to read that you felt your stay could have been improved upon. It is also disheartening to learn that you felt the service you received was amiss during any moment of your time with us, we are truly sorry if you experienced anything less than our best. We will be certain to share your comments with all members of our team in order to explore areas of our guest experience that may be improved upon. Our goal in fact is to make you feel welcomed and everything to be working properly. We have addressed the issue you experienced in On The Potomac and Crooked Billet with our Director of Food and Beverage. Thank you again for writing and we sincerely hope that you allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our true level of hospitality and service.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Very nice resort. Ask for a corner king room, quiet and huge. Bed was very comfy! Beautifully decorated. Room safe (love those) Robes provided. Very clean room and bathroom. They provide towels for the pools, spas etc, so no need to pack those. Good health club faciliites with new machines. Lockers available in Health Club. Several pools outside and one pool inside. Spa Minerale located on the property. Golf and 4 restaurants. The views from the back terraces are excellent, very calm and quiet while we were there. Would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear queban,
You are very kind to be so complimentary of the many facets of Lansdowne Resort, thank you very much. The staff will be happy to know how much you enjoyed your visit, and I am glad you were able to enjoy the weather from the back terraces. It would be our pleasure to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Lansdowne Resort for another stay with us in the near future.

Bexbach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

nice hotel located 20 min drive from dulles airport .
the hotel offers a hourly free shuttle to the airport .
the hotel is new and stylish .
the rooms are large and well equiped . the bathroom is clean . the sleeping comfort is very good .
the hotel is directy at the golf course .
a nice hotel not only for a layover !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear khzuerich,
We're glad you enjoyed your recent stay at the Lansdowne Resort. Even though you were only with us for a night, it seems that you truly enjoyed your stay. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back for a longer stay soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

This is primarily a wedding destination. They had like five or six when I stayed there. That's how I got suckered into staying here. The scenery is pretty and they seem to have some nicely decorated restaurants. The food served at the wedding reception was good.
The room was decent. Nothing to write home about. The bed was very hard. The most annoying thing was the housekeeping staff kept letting doors slam when leaving rooms. It would shake the walls it was so loud. Very disrespectful.
One plus is they had really fast elevators. Not sure that means anything, but I noticed it. Maybe this would be a good place for a golf weekend, but I won't stay here again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Lansdowne Resort? Share your experiences!