“Superior Rooms and Ambience” 5 of 5 stars

Lansdowne Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   44050 Woodridge Parkway, Leesburg, VA 20176   |
Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Leesburg
Vestal, New York
“Superior Rooms and Ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I and 18 others were returning from Vail, CO when we missed out plane in Washington, DC. The airlines comped us in this resort and it was beautiful! The rooms were spacious, the breakfast delicious and the bar was very friendly. I wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy the place and use the pool, etc. I would recommend it highly!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Hello Kaykay48,

We hope your next visit will be longer so that you might enjoy all Lansdowne Resort has to offer. While disappointed your return from Vail became more complicated than one would hope, we are happy to have had you and your husband as a guest. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

615 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

After getting stranded at Washington Dulles courtesy of United Airlines, I had low expectations for what their hotel voucher would buy. The shuttle ride was not encouraging either as many were stuck from our late flight and several others, so the small shuttle had standing room only for what seemed like a long ride away from the airport.

Upon arrival however, I was pleasantly surprised. The Lansdowne Resort staff did a good job working the line and getting everyone a room. The room was clean and nicely appointed. I read a little about the hotel and learned it is only 8 miles from Dulles - it seemed longer while standing in the courtesy van but was much shorter when returning in the morning.

The rooms are fashionable and mine was very clean. The hotel features a spa and golf (when the snow melts) It is right along the Potomac, although you couldn't tell from midnight till 5AM!
If there was a disappointment for a stranded traveler it was that the toothbrush they offered as a convenience was supposed to have toothpaste injected into the brush shaft but it was dried up and did not work as intended. Still, it was a much better stay than expected as I have been to airline referred hotels before and been very disappointed.

I had a pleasant ride via taxi back to the airport and an uneventful, quiet evening with free wi fi during the evening.

It would be nice to see the Lansdowne Inn during the daylight!

Room Tip: Can't really say - took what I got and was too tired to argue....my hallway was quiet on the 3rd...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Moved to Texas (Austin, Texas),

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts regarding your recent experience at Lansdowne Resort. The unfortunate cancellation of flights due to mechanical difficulties or weather can certainly be a trying time for all concerned but we are happy to learn that you enjoyed your brief stay with us. We appreciate your kind words about our staff and your accommodations.

Be assured we will be addressing the “all in one” toothbrush/toothpaste with our provider. I apologize for this inconvenience. Hopefully your next visit will take place when the snow melts and you will be able to take advantage of our amenities (including all 45 holes of golf!) and our aquatic complex - it is most relaxing.

Please say “hello” to our friends in Austin!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a beautiful resort overlooking the Potomac River with all of the resort amenities including golf courses (45 holes with putting green and practice range) along the river and large clubhouse, tennis courts, 3 outdoor pools and an indoor lap pool and jacuzzi, health club, and an elegant full-service spa. There is also a children's playground and volleyball court, so there is plenty to do for those seeking a wonderful get-away. The resort offers a lot of packages including great deals for those in the military and a "Girlfriends' Spa Getaway" package along with sweetheart, golf, and food and wine packages. Our room was beautiful and spacious. I just wish that there had been a comforter on the bed or an extra blanket in the room since we were there during the winter. The staff was wonderful and did everything they could to make our stay a great one. And the buffet breakfast was fabulous...but costs about $20pp! Be sure to try the blintzes with warm blueberry sauce! We loved walking on the trails along the Potomac River in Riverfront Park. The hotel is located 15 minutes from IAD airport, and shuttles must be arranged in advance at the time of reservation. In addition to couples and family get-aways, this would be a fabulous place for a wedding or for meetings and conferences. I would love to go back if we were in the area!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear teacherkh,

Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback with us and other TripAdvisor readers. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit.

We proudly opened our “brand new” Riverside Hearth Restaurant on March 11 and hope you were able to enjoy the setting. We’ve received a number of positive comments already. And you’re correct, we are a very popular family destination and host scores of corporate meetings and memorable weddings annually. I’m proud that we are rated at the top of Wedding sites in the entire D.C area thanks to the variety of venues and services we provide. It was good to learn that you took time to walk the path along the Potomac River. In addition to beautiful scenery, the fishing in the area is terrific.

As we do with all guest comments, we will be sharing your kind words with our staff. On your next visit, please allow our team to provide an additional comforter. It does get chilly at this time of year, but we’d be happy to accommodate your needs. By the way, I was just in the lobby and met two guests who also call Atlanta home. We’re getting very popular with residents from that great city!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Arrived in the ealrly pm and the satff were efficeint and gracious. The room was a standard room but adequate. We heard quite a lot of noise from the room next to us (a group of college boys- so what would you expect!). The indoor pool was quite small though was partly cordoned off for laps. The walk to the Potomac was fun and the view was good. Car parking was free as was internet. The rsetaurant was fine and the food (crab cakes) was excellent.
Leesburg was very nice indeed with good restaurants and a tour of the Governor's mansion (Morven Park) was well worth a visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Duddoo,
Your detailed feedback is sincerely appreciated as it gives us an opportunity to learn more about our guests, their experiences and any areas that may need our attention. While we are glad you enjoyed some aspects of your time with us like your walk to the Potomac, we are sorry if you were disrupted by other guests, it would have been our pleasure to resolve any potential issue by facilitating a room change. Leesburg is home to many historic sites and quite a few delicious restaurants. We hope that next time you're in the area, you'll stop by for another stay.
Bari, Puglia, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Excellent resort quite close to IAD airtport, large and comfortable rooms, attentive staff, with multiple swimming-pools and Spa and a golf course. Only one of the 5 restaurants was open but I was there in winter time. Shuttle to and from the airport is available on request (15-20 minutes to arrive). Nice view on the Potomac valley. Definitely better than many other hotels in the area in case of forced stop-over.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for staying at Lansdowne Resort and for taking time to submit a note to TripAdvisor.

I wanted to advise that earlier today we opened our newly remodeled restaurant, Riverside Hearth. We hope that you will have an opportunity to experience the restaurant on your visit. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back and hope you can stay longer to enjoy all we have to offer!

Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My stay at Landsdowne was nice. I would not recommend the ice cream brownie at the bar - it looks delicious but was hard and was not good at all. The service and food at the Potomac Breakfast bar was AWESOME. My room from my room was nice although I know the hotel was not at full capacity but they initially put me in a room that was right off the elevator area and by the ice machine with a view of the parking lot. They were very accomodating in quickly switching me to a different room that had a very nice view of the golf course. I really enjoyed the services provided at Spa Minerals and although I did not use the gym area the staff in the gym were very nice in giving me a tour and telling me about the services.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Hello IMartin313...

...And thank you for sending word related to your February visit. In spite of the snow that’s falling as I write this note, I am soon headed to our pastry kitchen to ask that we take greater care in preparing the Ice Cream Brownie bar. This is typically a very popular choice so your comment was most appreciated. Of course, we are glad to learn that we were able to accommodate you in a room with a more desirable view and that you enjoyed your Spa Minerale experience. On your next visit to Lansdowne, which we hope will be soon, I hope you’ll have time to enjoy the fitness center…maybe I’ll see you there!

York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I thought the resort was beautiful. Arrived Saturday night to a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. Then, we went to On the Potomac for dinner and showed up approx 30 minutes before closing (we did not know.) We had a $150 credit to any of the restaurants so we had to eat at one of them. The bar server, Caesar, was amazing. He catered to us - made us strong & tasty drinks. Also gave us a great overview of the resort. Our food was amazing. Filet w/ scallops and Prime Rib w/ lobster tail (they only gave me 2 scallops for $11 but they were so damn good. Lobster tail was overdone. BUT the steaks were absolutely perfect. Best prepared piece of meat I have ever had. I was even cutting the steak w/ a butter knife to prove to my girlfriend just how tender the meat was). After dinner, went to the Stonewall place. Drinks were great, atmosphere was great, server was personable. Great time. The next day, breakfast buffet was incredible, fruit was fresh. Also got late check out for 2pm. Great resort, great OVERALL price (we found a couples getaway package), great time.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor - great view!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Josh B.,
We’re so pleased to read about your recent experience at Lansdowne Resort; it certainly seems that you enjoyed your time here. It is always a treat to hear from guests that enjoyed their experience with us. We appreciate your kind mention of our staff, our amazing Restaurants offerings, and the great time you had at Stonewalls. Our hope is to provide high-quality guest accommodations, service and special touches to ensure our guests get the most from their experience at our resort. Your warm review is a joy to read, thank you for providing your feedback. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Lloyd W. Williams

Been to Lansdowne Resort? Share your experiences!