My recent experience:
1. The resort is beautiful!!! The grounds could not be more stunning! Go in spring or fall and i am sure it will be the most beautiful peaceful place you've ever been!
2. i called 3 times before arriving: Once to book, once to schedule spa services and once because we had to move schedules for the spa... Everyone was so courteous and helpful. They told me we could come early to the spa, usethe steam or sauna and just relax before our services. I thought how fabulous.
3. The lounge on the first floor is a must stop in!! Just a good vibe, decent drinks, awesome staff.
4. Arrive: pretty cold, lightly snowing, pull up because we see the valet sign, sit there, wait, wait nobody shows up
5. Checkin- nothing much just a standard checkin
6. Room is fine
7. Go to spa: the welcome staff is less then welcoming, seems chaotic with just myself and my friend checking in. Nobdy seemed to know where we should go. We are then told to head to the locker room and a locker room attendant would help is. Go in the locker room, we are standing there, looking around, dont see anyone. We get that worked out, change, then stand there waiting to know where to next. Another locker room attended comes. We finally get in for our services. The treatments are mediocre at best for the price.
7. After that we go to dinner at the Potomac restaurant downstairs. You have maybe 12 items total to choose from on the menu, our waiter seemed more interested in the boxing on the tv over by the bar then helping us, but the hostess was super kind and welcoming.
8. We went back upstairs to the lounge restaurant and ate awesome food, which appears to come from the kitchen downstairs, which seemed odd.
9. Stayed the night checked out
10. 5 days later noticed a nightmare billing problem that is still being worked out, that just by the way the the staff has handled makes me not feel highly about this destination.
This is my very candid review. I can make do with the not great spa experience because there are plenty of other things to do, i can tolerate the below par fancy restaurant because there is another place to eat and it's yum, i really don't care for the in consistancy in the customer service, but i can promise you I do not tolerate the messed up billing, i have to draw the line somewhere.
See title to some this up.
All my best
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.