“Needs improvement for sure” 3 of 5 stars

You added Lansdowne Resort to your Saves list
Lansdowne Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   44050 Woodridge Parkway, Leesburg, VA 20176   |
Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Leesburg
“Needs improvement for sure”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

My recent experience:
1. The resort is beautiful!!! The grounds could not be more stunning! Go in spring or fall and i am sure it will be the most beautiful peaceful place you've ever been!
2. i called 3 times before arriving: Once to book, once to schedule spa services and once because we had to move schedules for the spa... Everyone was so courteous and helpful. They told me we could come early to the spa, usethe steam or sauna and just relax before our services. I thought how fabulous.
3. The lounge on the first floor is a must stop in!! Just a good vibe, decent drinks, awesome staff.
4. Arrive: pretty cold, lightly snowing, pull up because we see the valet sign, sit there, wait, wait nobody shows up
5. Checkin- nothing much just a standard checkin
6. Room is fine
7. Go to spa: the welcome staff is less then welcoming, seems chaotic with just myself and my friend checking in. Nobdy seemed to know where we should go. We are then told to head to the locker room and a locker room attendant would help is. Go in the locker room, we are standing there, looking around, dont see anyone. We get that worked out, change, then stand there waiting to know where to next. Another locker room attended comes. We finally get in for our services. The treatments are mediocre at best for the price.
7. After that we go to dinner at the Potomac restaurant downstairs. You have maybe 12 items total to choose from on the menu, our waiter seemed more interested in the boxing on the tv over by the bar then helping us, but the hostess was super kind and welcoming.
8. We went back upstairs to the lounge restaurant and ate awesome food, which appears to come from the kitchen downstairs, which seemed odd.
9. Stayed the night checked out
10. 5 days later noticed a nightmare billing problem that is still being worked out, that just by the way the the staff has handled makes me not feel highly about this destination.
This is my very candid review. I can make do with the not great spa experience because there are plenty of other things to do, i can tolerate the below par fancy restaurant because there is another place to eat and it's yum, i really don't care for the in consistancy in the customer service, but i can promise you I do not tolerate the messed up billing, i have to draw the line somewhere.
See title to some this up.
All my best

• Stayed January 2013

641 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Reston, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Our company had its yearly celebration at this resort. From the planning to the hotel rooms -- everything was handled professionally, and the staff was fantastic. I would highly recommend this venue for special events.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Rhonda,
Thank you for choosing Lansdowne Resort to celebrate your holiday party. We are pleased to hear that our friendly, dedicated staff, our planning, and the well-appointed accommodations made your party even more enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back for a relaxing getaway at our resort in the near future!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed here when my flight was cancelled and the airline put us up here. It was huge and had very clean rooms. My one complaint about the room was that it was very cold and I couldn't get it warm. The food was good, a bit overpriced for what it was, but the view from the breakfast room was spectacular. Actually, the view everywhere was pretty amazing. I went for a walk around the property before leaving for the airport and was reminded how beautiful Virginia is. My other wish is that if it does serve as a hotel for stranded passengers there are better toothbrushes for passengers stuck without toiletries (but that also could come from the airline, not necessarily the hotel's problem) but the mouthwash had been punctured and not replaced. I was too exhausted to call and ask for another.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear mllespear,
Even though you were only with us for a night it seems that you truly got a sense of Lansdowne Resort and Virginia. We're thrilled you enjoyed your accommodations and we have informed the Director of Facilities of your concern with your room being cold. Your kind review and as well as your recommendation are greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay.

Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed over the Christmas holidays - the well-decorated main lobby featured a giant Christmas tree and a suspended overhead train set. Guest rooms were on the small side and the lighting was disappointingly dim for reading (environmentally-friendly energy-saving bulbs), so we found ourselves spending our time in comfortable armchairs around one of the fireplace nooks in the main lobby.

We never got to use the spa, as they closed at 5 on Sunday and 7 weeknights), we never got to partake in a fitness class that met our schedule, we didn't get to use the indoor pool, and we never got to dine in the romantic On the Potomac restaurant (it was closed over the holiday), leaving Stonewall's and its pub grub as the only available dining option. The food was actually pretty good, but eaten in the ambiance of an upscale bar - the cacaphony of pool tables, big screen televisions, and a live musician - all competing for attention in the same area. (Room service was available, but who wants to sleep in a room that smells of dinner?) Thankfully we weren't assessed the $20 resort fee, as we weren't able to take advantage of any resort amenities while we were there.

On a positive note, they didn't charge for wireless internet access, as many top hotels do, and the Gilchrist & Soames toiletries were top-notch, and the bathtub supplies (shampoo, conditioner, and liquid soap) came from an environmentally-conscious dispenser bolted to the wall. It would have been nice if a fan had been installed in the bathrooms to remove the steam, but opening the bathroom door allowed the excess humidity to dissipate into the dry winter heat of the room. It also would have been nice if the hotel placed better weatherstripping along the bottom of the doors - there was a large group of young people attending a wedding at the hotel, resulting in a constant flow of footsteps and conversations in the hallway outside our room.

All in all, it's a very nice three-star hotel - I struggled whether to give it a fourth star, given their billing as a "resort" but having few amenities available over the holiday season. Perhaps we'll give them another try in the summer to see whether they can earn that fourth.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a quiet hallway.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear drwong,
It is touching to know that Lansdowne Resort was a memorable part of your holidays, thank you for visiting with us during this wonderful time of year! We’re so glad you got to curl up by the fire in our main lobby to read and relax. I apologize that you were not able to use our many amenities while you were staying with us. Please come back during the summer to enjoy our aquatic complex by splashing around in our pool and relaxing in the hot tub or by working out at our state-of-the-art fitness facility. I am sure you will have a relaxing time in the spa receiving a massage – what better way to unwind! We truly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with us, we certainly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you for a stay at our resort soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is by far the noisiest resort I have ever stayed at. The walls are paper thin and people congregate in the hallways at all hours of the day and night. If your neighbor flushes their toilet, it is so loud that it sounds like it is coming from your own room. If this place cost 1/4 of what I paid per night it would have been subpar, but for what they charge, it is unacceptable. I think many of the guests here pool their money and stay 4-5 to a room because I saw groups of people coming out of several different rooms during my stay. That would certainly help to explain the noise factor. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Carrie B.

Thank you for your comments regarding your most recent stay. I would like extend my sincerest apologies on behalf of my staff for the less than pleasurable stay you experienced with us. Our goal is to consistently provide the highest quality in both product and service and it is vital to our continued success to know when we have fallen short of our own high standards. Our guests are encouraged to reach out with any issues regarding their accommodations so that we may resolve them as quickly as possible. We wish we had the opportunity to do so with the concerns you mentioned. We hope you would return allowing us to meet and exceed our goals and your expectations. Thank you again for your review.

Hagerstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights for a company meeting. This place does it right. Although I was disappointed that I got a room with 2 very small fullsize beds, we had a bunch of people there, so I must have drawn the short straw there. The food is great. The views are incredible. This is a nice little gem on the Potomac River.

Stayed January 2013
Dear Douglas H,
At Lansdowne Resort we hope to create a productive atmosphere for those hosting meetings while also facilitating a number of opportunities to relax and enjoy the majestic setting of our resort. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed both the business and leisure portions of your recent stay. We appreciate your kind review and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back again.

Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This hotel is a beautiful spot and very comfortable and relaxing. Got a great night sleep and the staff was very accommodating. The food prices at all property restaurants is a bit steep but the food quality is good (organic!). Was disappointing as I left some items in the room upon check out and when I called to retrieve them they indicated nothing had been turned in. Too bad....ruined a great stay!.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Vision Catalyst,

Your detailed feedback is sincerely appreciated as it gives us an opportunity to learn more about our guests, their experiences and any areas that may need our attention. While we are glad you enjoyed some aspects of your time with us like your great night’s sleep and the staff, we are disappointed to learn that you felt your stay fell short of what you expected. I apologize that your items were not turned into Lost and Found; It is disappointing to read that we did not have the opportunity to resolve your concerns. We hope that the next time you're in the area, you'll give us another try.

Lloyd W. Williams

Been to Lansdowne Resort? Share your experiences!