“Stay here ...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Bethesda, Maryland
“Stay here ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Very hospitable staff. Great GM. We stayed during Hurrican Sandy. He was very nice and hospitable. Clean, big, efficient. Very comfortable. Pool/Workout areas are very good. I highly recommend staying here. Close to Dulles Airport, close to Leesburg outlets. Leesburg is a nice, quaint town, with surprisingly good (read 3-4 star) restaurants.

Room Tip: Corner King is a bigger room. Can support a familiy of four (toddler + infant) with a nice cot they...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Yajnus P,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. I enjoyed meeting you as well. I hope you come back soon with your family and friends.

Best regards,

Lloyd W. Williams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Arlington, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

On our most recent stay, we booked a traditional guest room and found it to be very comfortable and quite. We were looking forward to the food and beverage facilities, as we had heard nice things about them. We started our evening at the Stonewall Tavern. It really should be called Stonewall Day Care Center, there were so many children running amuck it was awful. The tavern even had a Wii over in the corner to encourage children to scream and run around. Not at all what we expected at a "luxury" resort. The service was slow, and the female bartender really needs to brush up on her social skills. Our waiter was very nice, and tried to keep up - but the tavern was - plain and simple understaffed.

After a few drinks we headed over to the Potomac restaurant, were we found it mostly empty - there were maybe 2-3 other tables in the entire restaurant. Which we found very odd, in that we had been called by the staff earlier in the week to say that our reservation could not be honored, but they had an opening an hour later for us. We did stay and have dinner, however the service was dreadfully slow and the food was very average - again, not at all what we had hoped for.

On the whole, I would not recommend this resort - there is a reason that a Best Western is rated higher than Lansdowne.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Linkin11,
Your detailed feedback is sincerely appreciated as it gives us an opportunity to learn more about our guests, their experiences and any areas that may need our attention. We are disappointed to learn that you felt your stay fell short of what you expected. Our guests are encouraged to reach out with any issues regarding their accommodations so that we may resolve them as quickly as possible. We wish we had the opportunity to do so with the concerns you listed. Thank you for your review. We hope that next time you're in the area, you'll let us know how we can make your stay more enjoyable.

Hampton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We checked in on a Friday for a 30th reunion weekend. We stayed in an alcove suite, which was spacious and I thought well appointed. There was a lot of space. The bed and pillows were EXCELLENT for sleep quality, but there was only a thin comforter, so to be warmer you had to crank the heat. Which oddly, turned on only for a few minutes, then reverted back to 70 degrees. There was a coffee pot and bottled water, but other than that, no amenities. Its probably a good thing there was no mini-bar, I would have probably raided it multiple times. The bathroom was not resorty, it was just a basic vanity, toilet, tub/shower combo. There were bathrobes, which I like a lot. The main resort is actually on the smallish side, but it has some grand features and also lots of conversation areas with over sized furniture and fireplaces, which was perfect for our get together. It was a very cold, windy, early November weekend, and so I didn't really explore the grounds. From my 8th floor window, though,the golf course and grounds looked lovely. There's not a lot to this place. The fitness center, indoor pool and spa were very small. Not much different from a mid-level business hotel. Of course the outdoor pools were closed, but there were also tennis courts (too cold, I didn't see anyone play). I hate paying a resort fee when, in fact, there's not much resort offered. I visited the spa, which was quite booked. It was okay. The restaurants: mixed reviews. The staff at Stonewall Tavern was very attentive, responsive and friendly. Super fast service. The food, basic bar food that was fine but nothing extraordinary. The staff at the golf club restaurant might as well have been non-existent. No greeting, no service, no interest. Boo the golf course. It was not busy at all, as if that would be an excuse for the terrible feeling we left with. Mixed reviews on brunch -- the hostesses and wait staff were incredibly responsive, but the food prep staff could not keep up with demand on basic things like: there were no eggs. On the other hand, they did a great job feeding us well and entertaining us for the reunion dinner party.

I really enjoyed this place. For the price and the moniker "Resort" and the audacity of charging a resort fee in Nov. when all it really offers is a mediocre gym (I don't count closed pools, tennis and golf to be resort options in November in Northern Virginia), they should come up with some more resort-like amenities. In my opinion, this resort is NOT amazing or outstanding as stated in some of the other reviews. This property is a good hotel.

Room Tip: Get a suite
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Marcyro,
Your detailed feedback is sincerely appreciated as it gives us an opportunity to learn more about our guests, their experiences and any areas that may need our attention. While we are glad you enjoyed some aspects of your time with us like the alcove suite and the bedding, we regret that other aspects did not meet your expectations. The satisfaction of our guests is our priority and we truly strive to exceed all our guest expectations. We appreciate that you took the time to share your helpful review and hope that you won’t hesitate to reach out if we can help make future stays with us truly exceptional. Thank you.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel. The views are phenomenal. The staff is excellent! The buffet breakfast is good. If you stay in a suite you will not be disappointed, the regular rooms are just ok...nothing to write home about. Some of the views from the rooms could use some improvement and there was a musty odor. Not sure where that was coming from. My favorite is the Alcove Suite....love, love, love it!

There are a plethora of vineyards to choose from. Check back for my individual reviews on the vineyards...you will not be disappointed. Hire a limo and enjoy the beautiful wine country. There's a golf course on the premises, the spa is relaxing. The Leesburg Outlets are 20 minutes away...not impressed! Go the distance to Tyson's Corner. Restaurants on-site but I would recommend going to downtown Leesburg. We loved Tuscorora Mills...food was excellent.

Great conference rooms from large to small. This is definitely a resort you should experience!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the golf course and the mountains. 9 floor suites.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear NY Campbells,
Thank you for your kind words and sharing your Lansdowne Resort experience! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the amenities and the alcove suite. The resort is situated in the heart of DC Wine Country and we offer rooms with spectacular property and golf course views. We invite you to visit our website to view a number of special offers and packages before booking your next stay with us. It is important that our guests not only experience a relaxing, resort getaway but also enjoy the sights of historic Leesburg and Washington, DC. We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future, thank you.

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I was very surprised to read any reviews that complained about anything at Lansdowne. My husband and I stayed here and were very, very impressed. Our room was beautiful, the food was good, and the property and grounds were gorgeous. We were very pleased with our stay.
P.S. the spa services are a must!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear technologymom,
We're glad you enjoyed your recent stay at Lansdowne Resort. Even though you were only with us a short time, it seems that you truly got a sense of who we are. We’re thrilled you enjoyed your guest room as well as your dining experience. We invite you to visit our website to view a number of special offers and packages before booking your next stay with us. We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Gilberts, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This resort is AMAZING. I had a few issues - I left my "internet hot spot" in my room and was on the shuttle to the airport when I realized it. I called the resort and, by the time I returned on the shuttle, they had my hot spot and charging cord at the front desk. Now, my first thought was, I can't force them to take me back on the shuttle, but the gentleman at the desk told me "if you need to get to the airport, my team will get you there". Totally amazing the service from this resort. Would stay there anyday - anytime.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Debbie K,
Thank you for choosing Lansdowne Resort to be your home away from home while traveling for business. The satisfaction of our guests is our priority, so to know that our friendly, dedicated staff helped you find the item you left behind and was able to accommodate your trip to the airport is simply the team's extraordinary commitment to excellence in customer service and support that motivates them to always go the extra mile. We look forward to welcoming you back for a relaxing getaway at our resort in the near future!

Brooklyn, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My church had a Womens Retreat the week of 10/17/2012. The grounds upon entering were majestic. The lobby clean and spacious. Thank you for having the lemon water available at the check in area. For every issue the staff deserves an applause for their professional and welcoming spirit. There was a smell in my room, 325, at 3:30am the front desk gentleman came and transferred me to room 308, Royalty. Went shopping at the mall, on my return at 3:30p, really needed a cup of hot tea, however did not want to go to the restaurant, Justin, with his beautiful smile found me a hot cup of tea the way I liked it.Royalty. I ordered lunch which was delivered quickly, the meal was delicious and the young lady who delivered had that smile which means a lot when you're among strangers. All the lobby and front desk staff were so helpful and could answer every question. The spa was peaceful and luxurious. The restaurant that accommodated our meals were fabulous (The Riverside). This is a resort I would return to on my own with family.

Room Tip: I love peace and quiet and my room was exactly what I needed.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Alice L.,
We couldn't be more thrilled to hear the enthusiasm you've shared regarding your stay with us at Lansdowne Resort. How wonderful to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your visit. Your kind words about our dining venues, staff, amenities and accommodations were a real treat. The satisfaction of our guests is our priority, so to know that you had a wonderful stay with us is touching. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back for your next visit and we hope it's soon!

Lloyd W. Williams

Been to Lansdowne Resort? Share your experiences!