“Wine, Spa and Golf Lover's Dream” 4 of 5 stars

Lansdowne Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   44050 Woodridge Parkway, Leesburg, VA 20176   |
Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Leesburg
New York City, New York
“Wine, Spa and Golf Lover's Dream”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel. The views are phenomenal. The staff is excellent! The buffet breakfast is good. If you stay in a suite you will not be disappointed, the regular rooms are just ok...nothing to write home about. Some of the views from the rooms could use some improvement and there was a musty odor. Not sure where that was coming from. My favorite is the Alcove Suite....love, love, love it!

There are a plethora of vineyards to choose from. Check back for my individual reviews on the vineyards...you will not be disappointed. Hire a limo and enjoy the beautiful wine country. There's a golf course on the premises, the spa is relaxing. The Leesburg Outlets are 20 minutes away...not impressed! Go the distance to Tyson's Corner. Restaurants on-site but I would recommend going to downtown Leesburg. We loved Tuscorora Mills...food was excellent.

Great conference rooms from large to small. This is definitely a resort you should experience!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the golf course and the mountains. 9 floor suites.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear NY Campbells,
Thank you for your kind words and sharing your Lansdowne Resort experience! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the amenities and the alcove suite. The resort is situated in the heart of DC Wine Country and we offer rooms with spectacular property and golf course views. We invite you to visit our website to view a number of special offers and packages before booking your next stay with us. It is important that our guests not only experience a relaxing, resort getaway but also enjoy the sights of historic Leesburg and Washington, DC. We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future, thank you.

620 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I was very surprised to read any reviews that complained about anything at Lansdowne. My husband and I stayed here and were very, very impressed. Our room was beautiful, the food was good, and the property and grounds were gorgeous. We were very pleased with our stay.
P.S. the spa services are a must!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear technologymom,
We're glad you enjoyed your recent stay at Lansdowne Resort. Even though you were only with us a short time, it seems that you truly got a sense of who we are. We’re thrilled you enjoyed your guest room as well as your dining experience. We invite you to visit our website to view a number of special offers and packages before booking your next stay with us. We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Gilberts, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This resort is AMAZING. I had a few issues - I left my "internet hot spot" in my room and was on the shuttle to the airport when I realized it. I called the resort and, by the time I returned on the shuttle, they had my hot spot and charging cord at the front desk. Now, my first thought was, I can't force them to take me back on the shuttle, but the gentleman at the desk told me "if you need to get to the airport, my team will get you there". Totally amazing the service from this resort. Would stay there anyday - anytime.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Debbie K,
Thank you for choosing Lansdowne Resort to be your home away from home while traveling for business. The satisfaction of our guests is our priority, so to know that our friendly, dedicated staff helped you find the item you left behind and was able to accommodate your trip to the airport is simply the team's extraordinary commitment to excellence in customer service and support that motivates them to always go the extra mile. We look forward to welcoming you back for a relaxing getaway at our resort in the near future!

Brooklyn, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My church had a Womens Retreat the week of 10/17/2012. The grounds upon entering were majestic. The lobby clean and spacious. Thank you for having the lemon water available at the check in area. For every issue the staff deserves an applause for their professional and welcoming spirit. There was a smell in my room, 325, at 3:30am the front desk gentleman came and transferred me to room 308, Royalty. Went shopping at the mall, on my return at 3:30p, really needed a cup of hot tea, however did not want to go to the restaurant, Justin, with his beautiful smile found me a hot cup of tea the way I liked it.Royalty. I ordered lunch which was delivered quickly, the meal was delicious and the young lady who delivered had that smile which means a lot when you're among strangers. All the lobby and front desk staff were so helpful and could answer every question. The spa was peaceful and luxurious. The restaurant that accommodated our meals were fabulous (The Riverside). This is a resort I would return to on my own with family.

Room Tip: I love peace and quiet and my room was exactly what I needed.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Alice L.,
We couldn't be more thrilled to hear the enthusiasm you've shared regarding your stay with us at Lansdowne Resort. How wonderful to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your visit. Your kind words about our dining venues, staff, amenities and accommodations were a real treat. The satisfaction of our guests is our priority, so to know that you had a wonderful stay with us is touching. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back for your next visit and we hope it's soon!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I was sent here for the weekend for some spa time by the boyfriend who was busy working. (Yeah, he didn't have to convince me too hard!)

Here is the issue I have with the Lansdowne: for the prices they charge, they need to step up their game. When you first arrive it seems very pretty and gorgeous. However, when you stop to look, it really needs some help. The rooms have an outdated look. Popcorn ceiling, mismatched furniture, no hair dryer, and the bedding just doesn't look fresh. I mean the comforter appears as if it gets reused and the decorative blanket looks like its been in circulation for about 10 years. Most hotels these days have clean crisp white sheets that get washed every time ...apparently the Lansdowne didn't get the memo. Plus the walls are THIN THIN THIN. I could hear my neighbor coughing all night and heard her wake up phone call clearly at 6:30am.

In a place that caters to weddings, events and conferences, they certainly don't seem to keep in mind the various types of people that may attend those types of events. For example, the toiletries in the shower are mounted super high with the dispensers on top so I have no idea how someone under 5 feet tall would reach them. Also, they have curb cuts onto the sidewalks from the parking lots for wheelchair access...which then lead you to a couple of stairs. Brilliant. The bar in the lobby also has steps to get up to the bar, which some people wouldn't be able to navigate. Also, I decided to take a walk one day and was given a blurry map that looked like the original was lost about 5 photocopies ago. In addition, while on the walk, there weren't any signs directing you which way to go -- although there were plenty of signs from the Lansdowne thanking you for not littering. Granted, its not a hard trail to follow, however, at one point the trail forked and I wasn't sure which way went back to the resort. Also to get to the paved trail from the resort you have to walk down the entry driveway as there is no sidewalk. Not the safest thing in the world.

Lastly, the spa was great....except for some of the other spa goers. Maybe it was their first time in a spa, but they were loud and laughing which ruined my experience. The spa didn't have robes of different sizes, so a couple of them couldn't even fit into the robes properly. They had to strategically use a towel in front of the robe to hide their lady parts. I thought about booking another treatment, but decided if I ever do come back, I'll come back on a weekday so its quieter. This isn't the fault of the Lansdowne, but its just one more thing that took away from an otherwise positive experience.

Would I stay here again? Possibly. I won't run back here (well, unless the boyfriend wants to send me away again!) Overall, this place needs a facelift and, again, I find it odd that a place that caters to groups and events doesn't seem to keep all types of guests in mind.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Seajax,
Thank you for staying with us and I appreciate the comments. I am disappointed to hear your stay was not more positive as we truly strive to exceed all our guest expectations. We regret if noise from other guests disturbed you and will further review your comments about the bedding. I would like to clarify the wheelchair accessibility at the resort. We have several different access points and ramps that lead into the hotel to make accessibility easy. Your valued feedback will be shared with our management team to ensure we continue to put our guests first. We hope you'll reconsider giving us another chance in the future so that we may change your impression. Thank you.

Bow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The Lansdowne resort is a very pretty hotel. There is an air of oppulence. The grounds are magnificent. The rooms are clean and comfortable, but other than that, they are pretty average. The top of the credenza was so dusty I was able to write "dust me" on it.
Communication between departments at the hotel are non-existent. The banquet manager we'd been working with is no longer there...identified only when I called to speak to a supervisor when voice and emails went unanswered. This actually has actually happened twice now.
The personnel are all very helpful and friendly. The front desk staff, especially Lee and Bree were very helpful and have great tips for navigating the area.
If you are planning on hosting any sort of event there, I wish you good luck. From what we experienced and observed (bridal suite not available to be checked into because the previous guest hadn't checked out and they couldn't remove the person's belongings, room service deliveries going to the wrong room or not delivered as requested), it may be a crap shoot. If the dice roll in your favor, you will be quite impressed.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front are very sunny- making it perfect for bridal make up application! The lighting in...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Lansdowne_PR_Manager, General Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear 4znuf,
Thank you for taking the time out to comment on your recent stay with us. I would like to extend my sincerest apologies on behalf of the staff for the less than pleasurable stay you experienced with us. Our goal is to consistently provide the highest quality in both product and service and it is vital to our continued success to know when we have fallen short. We appreciate your feedback as this way we may rectify the situations. We hope you would allow us the opportunity to demonstrate the true Lansdowne Resort.

Potomac, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We booked a Couples Spa night at Lansdowne for a quick getaway and were very pleased with our expereince at the resort. The spa was nicely appointed and the massages were excellent, the spa staff were very attentive and interested in ensuring our relaxation. Tip: We alerted the front desk that we had arrived early and they immediately adjusted the cleaning schedule to have our room ready as soon as possible. Guests at the resort can also dine at the golf club, we had a great lunch there (the food and service were excellent). Our room was a corner king on the 7th floor -- it was spacious and clean with beautiful views. We made reservations for dinner at "On The Potomac" and had an excellent meal with attentive service. It was a cool fall evening, but there was a very large firepit on the terrace with comfortable chairs, which made for a great place to enjoy some wine, the wait staff even came outside on a few occasions to see if anyone needed something. All in all, we had a great experience and would certainly return. We would like to see the resort enhance its wine list to include a greater selection, when we return, we may bring a bottle or two from home.

Room Tip: King corner rooms are extremely spacious and appear to have two exposures.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear DCAttys,

What a nice review! We couldn't be more thrilled to hear the enthusiasm you've shared here regarding your stay with us. We were happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our many amenities. I will forward your review to our Food and Beverage team for them to review our current wine list to include a greater selection. We invite you to visit our website to view a number of special offers and packages before booking your next stay with us. We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you.

Lloyd W. Williams

Been to Lansdowne Resort? Share your experiences!