“Nice spa!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Leesburg
Washington DC
“Nice spa!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

I have been to this spa 5 times and always enjoy the experience! There is really nice decor and a nice lounge for women. There is a whirlpool, steam and sauna with nice dressing rooms and locker. The Salt Glo treatment with Vichy shower, exfoliation and body butter is one of my favorites and have not seen that treatment elsewhere.
Some of my girlfriends had manicures and pedicures and enjoyed that immensely!
We love the breakfast buffet with made to order pancakes, Belgian waffles and omelets.
Looking forward to our next stay there!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Terrie C, Public Relations Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
Dear movesalot,
Thank you for the wonderful feedback on the resort. We work very hard to assure that each and every guest has a wonderful experience at Lansdowne Resort. We take pride in our resort and hope you consider us your “home away from home”. We look forward to serving you on your next visit.

620 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
JAPAN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Our flight was cancelled and the airline put us in this hotel. It is quite a way from the airport and they operated only one shuttle, so we had to wait in the cold ( unprepared, coming in from Hawaii!! ) for 40 minutes before it arrived. At the reception we were told that they were booked and no king size bedroom was available, but in the end they found a room for us with two twin beds. Great. It was my wife's birthday, but what can you do.. Room was small but adequate. We had a burger and wings at the bar downstairs and the bill came to $ 30.00, maybe that's normal now, we were surprised. The lobby and common area is beautifully decorated, there are fireplaces. We wish we could have slept in that area. I can't say much about the location, I understand it is a golfing resort, but it was freezing an we did not see any activity at daylight. Back to our room. The bathtub drain did not seem to work and we were too tired to call maintenance. We were in bed for 5 minutes when the noise began. As luck would have it we had a very "active" ( toned down since this is an all ages audience site ) ladies couple next door and it seemed they had not had a chance to do what they did for a while, otherwise it would not have gone on for most of the night. Not only did we hear every word and so much more, but since the headboards were attached to the wall, any move on the other side resulted in a corresponding move in our beds. Living in Japan, initially it felt like an earthquake. Trust me, it was not that kind of an earthquake. We got a couple of hours sleep between 2:30 and 5:00 a.m. but then the show started again. If all walls are of such thin construction then I suggest to beware. I took one star off because of that. The check-out was painless, we did have to wait for the shuttle back to the airport. Upon arrival there we quickly checked into the LH Senator lounge and caught up on some desperately needed sleep.

Room Tip: We were in room 223, I suggest to stay away from it.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Lansdowne_Resort, Public Relations Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Dear Weissbier,
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience at Lansdowne Resort. I apologize your stay was not what you expected and that you had to wait for the shuttle at the airport. We do not have twin size beds, only doubles and kings, but it was unfortunate that we didn’t have a bigger bed to accommodate you. We deeply apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered. . Again, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention and please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

Spent a night at the Lansdowne Resort. Overall the stay was nice, with every member of the staff we interacted with being friendly and helpful. The room was clean and nicely furnished. It had a "northwest lodge" feel to it which I like. We had breakfast in the room and it was delivered promptly with a smile.

Only ding was that there was an event taking place when we arrived and the valet(s) were very overworked. We waited about 15 minutes to drop our car off.

Overall it was a nice stay. I'd certainly stay there again if I had need to be out that way again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Lansdowne_Resort, Public Relations Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Dear Eldub1999,
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your stay. We appreciate your wonderful comments about our staff and the resort. Receiving comments like yours is valuable to the operation of the resort. I would like to apologize for your wait for valet parking - we don’t normally have a wait time. We look forward to having you back at the resort for another wonderful stay.
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

My husband and I for the holiday decided to give ourselves our first overnight sans new baby. We went with this as they recently had a living social deal that included spa and breakfast. This was well worth the price for the stay. We had a magnificent room thanks to an upgrade, the resort was incredibly quiet and peaceful as it was the day after Christmas. Our room, as it was an upgrade, I have to say the only disappointing factor was that we had a large room and the bathroom was just mediocre. Would have loved a large soaking tub!
Part of our package included the spa and we both has massages. The spa itself was wonderful and quiet and perfect for us to read and relax. The treatments themselves (massages) weren't that great. Both of us felt as if we they spent more time getting things ready during rather than on the treatment itself. I would go back but would most likely get a different treatment.
We did room service and opted to rent a movie. The price was a bit extreme on the movie rental but we figured why not. The room service was fantastic but the menu was very limited. The next morning we did breakfast in their restaurant as it was part of the package as well. Breakfast was okay. I wasn't that impressed with the buffet, but will say the cook handling the eggs was awesome. We were able to spend a little more time in our room before checkout. All in all a nice getaway for us and we would do it again if the price was right!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Nicole R,
We appreciate you taking time to write a review on the resort. We’re happy you had a wonderful experience and that your time was relaxing and peaceful. We certainly hope to see you back at the resort for a nice getaway. Be sure to visit us on our website for upcoming events.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Lansdowne Resort during the Holidays, the resort is gorgeous, the service is wonderful and the staff is simply outstanding. Everyone made us feel like we are the most important guest at the resort. We will return there again next time we visit Virginia.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the golf course view, you end up having a view of the potomac too
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Lansdowne_Resort, Public Relations Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Dear Said E,
Thank you for your wonderful feedback and kind words about the staff. We value your opinion and appreciate the unique opportunity to see ourselves through the eyes of our customer. If you’re back in the Virginia area during the summer, our aquatic complex is most relaxing and we also have a free concert on Friday evening. We look forward to having you back at the resort for another wonderful experience.
Stafford, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

We were expecting something special but it's basically just a nice hotel in the middle of a nice business park. It's definitely not secluded or romantic in any way or even remotely memorable!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Lansdowne_Resort, Public Relations Manager at Lansdowne Resort, responded to this review, January 6, 2012
Dear Eric M,

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to constantly exceed expectations and feedback from our guests is critical to our success in achieving this goal. We make every attempt to provide the highest level of service and hospitality to our guests. We appreciate you taking time to write a review and hope to see you back at the resort.
South Riding, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

I am writing this review from the hotel because I am in such disbelief regarding the poor service. I typically don't write negative reviews but this experience needs to be heard.

What Occurred
ISSUE 1: First, we pulled into the front of the property and parked temporarily for about (15 minutes) while we checked in. Someone came out to check on us (10 minutes) later to see if we needed help. Meanwhile several other guests checked in and there was no one to be found to help with their bags.

ISSUE 2: Next, I go to my room and there's coffee on the desk, towel on the floor in the bathroom, razor and toothpaste on the sink, etc. That's when I realized that I was in an OCCUPIED room! So much for safety and security. I go down to let the hotel staff know and the front desk staff acted as if it was not a big deal.

ISSUE 3: I had setup room service for 6 PM and breakfast for 7 AM. I asked the front desk person to contact Room Service to let them know about the room switch and she acted as if that was a ridiculous request. Needless to say I called Room Service and they didn't even have the initial request!

Who is running this property? I surely would not recommend it to friends, family, and co-workers. Truly disappointed...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Dear dcaulk,

Thank you for bringing to our attention your dissatisfaction with your recent experience at Lansdowne Resort. While we make every attempt to provide the highest level of service and hospitality to our guests, it was disturbing to hear that we did not meet your expectations. Our General Manager will be in touch with you to discuss your experience. Thank you.

Been to Lansdowne Resort? Share your experiences!