I traveled from Philadelphia to Lansdowne for a last-minute weekend getaway with my boyfriend. We had an amazing experience and can't wait to return. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and the resort was beautiful. There is plenty to do, whether you want to be active or relax by one of the pools. I have stayed at numerous resorts like Lansdowne and it exceeded my expectations. A couple of thoughts:
1. If you are going to be a romantic AND family-friendly resort, maybe you could try to place families with kids on a different floor. It was a bit annoying to be woken up at 7am by screaming kids running down the hall. Also, it would be nice to make one pool for adults only. Although one of the pools was very quiet and relaxing at first, a few families came over with 5+ kids and it definitely changed the ambience.
2. With all the wineries nearby, it would be great if you could offer a shuttle service. I would have no problem paying for it!
3. More tennis courts - there was only one available because the other one had clinics/lessons.
4. Breakfast served outside. The grounds are actually beautiful...I would have loved to sit outside and enjoy the sun while eating brunch.
Overall, it was an amazing experience and we can't wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Leesburg, Virginia luxury resort near Washington, DC offering three world class golf courses, a 12,000 sq ft destination spa, multiple on-site restaurants, wedding venues and conference facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Lansdowne Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lansdowne Hotel Leesburg
- Lansdowne Resort Leesburg
- Lansdowne Resort Va