“Great Atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
York
“Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2007

This hotel is an excellent location. It is built off a colonial Mansion House and provides great atmosphere and a great overall experience. The staff was very friendly and were more than happy to assist my family with any needs that we had. I would certainly return to this location any time I am any where near the area.

• Liked — The mansion building
  • Disliked — outdoor pool
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Springfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2007

This place is currently going through renovations. And I can tell that once they are complete it will be a nice place. We stayed here because there was a wedding block at this hotel. When you pull in it does not seem like a hotel. But the employees were more than helpful and very courteous. I would definitely stay at this property again!!!!

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2007

Left a newbie on duty Saturday.

No manager and Card keys not working.

Left food trays in hall for longer than 24 hours.

Nice staff, with one exception.

Left tape around and on window from painting.

We had booked oer 80 room nights for wedding.
89 dollars per night. Overpriced.

Worth about 39 per night Super 8 Missouri standards.

Not well kept or mantained.

Lots of dust in curtains. Lower level musty smell.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wilmington, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2007

This hotel is undergoing a renovation (I guess apparently for quite some time), so I think a lot of the problems are because of this. But where to begin...the staff was rude and misinformed; the rooms were dated and hotel overall slightly worn; our tub faucet dripped water; and equipment in the exercise room was defective or broken. Lastly, while Route 7 is lined with shopping centers and restaurants the hotel is not connected to or within walking distance to any of them.

• Stayed March 2007
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2005

This hotel is undergoing renovation. the room has been updated somewhat, nice bed, clean linens, newer chairs. the outside was being painted on our visit 8/26. The interior halls are horrid. Carpet is very worn and stained, hallways are dark and desperate need of painting. The wallpaper in the rooms could use updating as in the bathroom. The bathroom was ok, not horrible, but needed updating also. I realize this is a holiday inn, but for the rates they are charging, should be a bit nicer. The door to our room had a gap at the top so you could pass a magazine through the door from the room to the outside, humm, that's not good for soundproofing! the doors from the halls to the parking lot did not require a key to get in, which makes me nervous about anyone just walking in. There is also a stale smell in our room, not sure if its the airconditioner.

The bed was comfortable and the shower was decent with regards to water pressure. If you want to watch TV has expanded cable. Bring your laptop and wireless card for free internet access which is nice. But all the other stuff outweighs.

In summary, I regret staying here. I should have paid just a bit more money and stayed at a new hotel. While this one isn't the worst place I have been, its pretty run down. YOu can do alot better for your money.

Stayed August 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2005

STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS! This place is a dump. It is infested with roaches the size of a 50 cent piece! We had to stay there for Pony Nationals in Sterling, VA. The housekeeping staff was rude and could not speak english. The carpets were disgusting, we had a non-smoking room that smelled like smoke. Leaky ceilings in the rooms. mold in the showers and the cleaning people did not know how to clean. Overall one of the worst hotels we have ever stayed at. Be warned there are many, many other hotels in the area. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Stayed July 2005
Warrington, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2005

My husband and I were in Leesburg last weekend for a wedding at River Creek Country Club. We chose this Holiday Inn from a list of available options. What a mistake! While the room itself was decent and reasonably clean, the service was abominable.

It started when we arrived. After checking in, we were instruced to go to entrance "B." We lugged all of our belongings down a long hallway and found our room--which was right next to entrance "A." When we put our room keys in the door, neither worked. So, off I went again--back to the front desk to have the keys fixed.

The following morning, we were eager to grab a quick continental breakfast at the Mansion House Restaurant. What a disaster! The place was PACKED with unhappy customers. I overheard bits and pieces from several parties--folks who had been waiting...and waiting... and waiting. Turns out there was only ONE young guy responsible for greeting, serving, and bussing the entire restaurant.

I grabbed a small box of Raisin Bran and a carton of milk from the continental table. Imagine my dismay when I took a bite--and the milk was RANCID. It was absolutely disgusting.

While checking out, I politely informed another young fellow that the restaurant was in disarray. I said it wasn't the fault of the employee running the "one-man band," and suggested that perhaps if the restaurant is short-staffed, they should simply keep it closed. The front-desk clerk seemed to think I was joking! He began to laugh at me, and once he realized that I was being quite serious, he merely looked down and avoided eye contact. There was no apology, no offer to have me speak to the manager, nothing! It was very disappointing.

We will NOT be returning to this Holiday Inn--or any other Holiday Inn, for that matter. So much for being part of their "Priority Club"!

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall? Share your experiences!