“nice but sections reak of smoking” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Virginia
“nice but sections reak of smoking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

The rooms and property are nice but the hallway around the restaurant and extending to the room hallway stinks horribly of cigarette smoke. The bar here found a way around Virginia's mandatory non-smoking law. That smell carries over into a large area of the common areas.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Pittsburgh, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

The exterior of the hotel looked nice enough. The landscaping was nice and neat. The room however was not as nice. The carpet was worn and the room had a musty smell and a damp feel to it.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
HolidayInnCarradoc, Manager at Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall, responded to this review, April 22, 2010
Thank you for your review, my team and I take great pride in our customer service and cleanliness. I apologize that your stay was anything but excellent and I hope you will contact me directly upon your return to the area.
David Brooks - General Manager
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

I can't say enough. This is a special place. When traveling to the area in late September, I became very ill (go-by-ambulance-to-the-hospital-ill). I was staying at Lansdowne Resort in Leesburg. Believe it or not, and despite the fact that I could hardly get out of bed because of pneumonia and seemingly unstoppable vomiting, Lansdowne would not extend my stay, saying they were "overbooked." That hotel didn't even offer to help me find another place. I am so fortunate that my office found this Holiday Inn. They were gracious, attentive, sympathetic and, after hearing my condition, upgraded me to a small suite. By the way, very comfortable room, bedding and sheets, great TV screen---Very nice.
Choose them.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay at out hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

David Brooks - General Manager
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

I was traveling into Leesburg, Va for a conference held at the Landsdown Conference center in June. The rates were double at the conference center so I shoped and found the Holiday Inn for $100 a night. Overall the hotel was nice and the beds were extremely comfortable. I had dinner in the bar which made a pretty good burger. Overall I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

I booked this because of the old house allure that was attached to the hotel and right on a busy road. Unfortunately the old house needed lots of work and was really tired, peeling paint, worn carpet, etc. There was lots of trash around the hotel and outdoor dining where we parked in the event parking lot. Also lots of wild cats greeted us as we exited our car that night...really scary since we just had one at our house that had rabies. This needs to be addressed for safety. Very loud parties going on during the night. Bathroom paper peeling, grout dirty and pulled away from wall. Room had nice decor, smelled musty and a/c didn't cool well enough for a comfortable sleep. Breakfast buffet was fine but took forever to get waited on for other articles. Front night clerk was very rude upon checkin...she should be better trained. Won't stay here again.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Arlington, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

I suppose the regular motel rooms are OK, but we opted for the "romance package" since it was our anniversary, in the historic hall. It would help to have more info. about the history - there was none. The room needed refurbishing - no bedspread, shades broken, missed opportunities for colonial touches. No champagne as promised in the add, and the pool needed maintenance. Neither front desk nor restaurant was familiar with what the "romance package" included. Restaurant fare predominantly sandwiches, although good quality. The next morning, the man at the desk was polite, helpful and reduced our rates.
Location is not easy to get to, is not convenient to downtown Leesburg, and might work of you were booking on Priceline, got a refurbished motel, not historic, room, didn't care to know much history, and don't plan to swim.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
York, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

Rooms were nicely decorated but were not ready for check in till about 4pm. We were on the first floor and the floor above creaked so badly that we thought that the person above might fall through. The airconditioner was dirty and smelled musty. Breakfast took 45 minutes to be served. We asked to see the manager and he never came to our table. Skip this hotel!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall? Share your experiences!