My husband and I were in Leesburg last weekend for a wedding at River Creek Country Club. We chose this Holiday Inn from a list of available options. What a mistake! While the room itself was decent and reasonably clean, the service was abominable.
It started when we arrived. After checking in, we were instruced to go to entrance "B." We lugged all of our belongings down a long hallway and found our room--which was right next to entrance "A." When we put our room keys in the door, neither worked. So, off I went again--back to the front desk to have the keys fixed.
The following morning, we were eager to grab a quick continental breakfast at the Mansion House Restaurant. What a disaster! The place was PACKED with unhappy customers. I overheard bits and pieces from several parties--folks who had been waiting...and waiting... and waiting. Turns out there was only ONE young guy responsible for greeting, serving, and bussing the entire restaurant.
I grabbed a small box of Raisin Bran and a carton of milk from the continental table. Imagine my dismay when I took a bite--and the milk was RANCID. It was absolutely disgusting.
While checking out, I politely informed another young fellow that the restaurant was in disarray. I said it wasn't the fault of the employee running the "one-man band," and suggested that perhaps if the restaurant is short-staffed, they should simply keep it closed. The front-desk clerk seemed to think I was joking! He began to laugh at me, and once he realized that I was being quite serious, he merely looked down and avoided eye contact. There was no apology, no offer to have me speak to the manager, nothing! It was very disappointing.
We will NOT be returning to this Holiday Inn--or any other Holiday Inn, for that matter. So much for being part of their "Priority Club"!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Leesburg at Historic Carradoc Hall is a unique hotel attached to a stately 1747 mansion home, conveniently located just two miles from Downtown Leesburg s historic district and 12 miles from the Dulles International Airport . This charming hotel offers complimentary high speed wireless and wired Internet access and expanded cable pay per view movies in all of our 122 guest rooms. Experience the area's local attractions: Balls Bluff and other Civil War Battlefields , Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets, Smithsonian museums, and historic Morven Park. Local companies in the area include: Verizon, Telos, the National Conference Center and Xerox Training Center . The 3 Oaks Restaurant at this Leesburg hotel provides a warm and wonderful atmosphere for dining, and Kids Eat Free! . Stay in shape by working out in our fitness center or swimming laps in our seasonal pool. Pets are welcome! Escape the hustle and bustle of the city and meet at The Holiday Inn Leesburg. We offer a relaxed, comfortable setting that is conducive to successful and productive meetings . With Five banquet rooms our hotel is also an ideal location for weddings, reunions, receptions, banquets and conferences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall Hotel Leesburg
- Holiday Inn Carradoc Hall
- Leesburg Holiday Inn