My husband and I were in Leesburg last weekend for a wedding at River Creek Country Club. We chose this Holiday Inn from a list of available options. What a mistake! While the room itself was decent and reasonably clean, the service was abominable.
It started when we arrived. After checking in, we were instruced to go to entrance "B." We lugged all of our belongings down a long hallway and found our room--which was right next to entrance "A." When we put our room keys in the door, neither worked. So, off I went again--back to the front desk to have the keys fixed.
The following morning, we were eager to grab a quick continental breakfast at the Mansion House Restaurant. What a disaster! The place was PACKED with unhappy customers. I overheard bits and pieces from several parties--folks who had been waiting...and waiting... and waiting. Turns out there was only ONE young guy responsible for greeting, serving, and bussing the entire restaurant.
I grabbed a small box of Raisin Bran and a carton of milk from the continental table. Imagine my dismay when I took a bite--and the milk was RANCID. It was absolutely disgusting.
While checking out, I politely informed another young fellow that the restaurant was in disarray. I said it wasn't the fault of the employee running the "one-man band," and suggested that perhaps if the restaurant is short-staffed, they should simply keep it closed. The front-desk clerk seemed to think I was joking! He began to laugh at me, and once he realized that I was being quite serious, he merely looked down and avoided eye contact. There was no apology, no offer to have me speak to the manager, nothing! It was very disappointing.
We will NOT be returning to this Holiday Inn--or any other Holiday Inn, for that matter. So much for being part of their "Priority Club"!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premium Outlets Set amid historic Leesburg, VA, the Clarion Inn(R) offers easy access to 45 local wineries and vineyards, delicious local dining, several breweries and popular attractions like: Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets Balls Bluff Battlefield Cobb Theater Alamo Drafthouse Washington & Old Dominion Railroad Regional Park This pet-friendly Leesburg hotel is also convenient to Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, Oatlands Plantation and Great County Farms. Grab a meal at Silk, our on-site restaurant and lounge, relax in the seasonal outdoor pool, get fit in the fitness center and get work done in the business center. Six meeting rooms can accommodate 450 people for banquets and 800 for conferences. All non-smoking guest rooms offer a coffee maker, desk, flat-screen television, hair dryer, iron and ironing board. Some rooms feature a refrigerator and sofa sleeper. Get together at the Clarion Inn in Leesburg, Virginia. Book now to connect with family, friends and colleagues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Clarion Inn in Leesburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall Hotel Leesburg
- Holiday Inn Carradoc Hall
- Leesburg Holiday Inn