“Great room, wonderful restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn in Leesburg

You added Clarion Inn in Leesburg to your Saves list
Clarion Inn in Leesburg
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 East Market St, Leesburg, VA 20176 (Formerly Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
“Great room, wonderful restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2005

This is a very nice hotel. Clean comfortable rooms, and also a great restaurant, the Mansion House, onsite. My friend and I stayed over a night for an outlet shopping trip and we could not have been more pleased with the accomodations. It was terrible weather so we stayed at the hotel to eat dinner and it was a pleasant surprise with good food and great service. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
london, uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2005

my family and i have just returned from a 2 night stay at holiday inn leesburg- virginia, as an airline emloyee have stayed at many hotels over the years,but both myself and the family noted how friendly the staff were.even the restaurant manager (lady)who someone has commented as being not so friendly in a previous letter!!!on the 23rd of feb we enjoyed the hospitality of the entire staff at hol inn carradoc hall.they are a credit to the holiday inn hotel.from the reception area to the cleaning staff,and a special mention to the guys that drove us around in the hotel shuttle.again thanks to you all,we will most definately return next year hopefully for more than 2 nights.i really hope the staff get to hear of my comments because they really deserve it!!

Eatontown, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2005

Well, let's see, my reservation for a manor suite was a screwup from the getgo...the room had indoor/outdoor carpet and was in dire need of a cleaning...numerous lights didn't work...

I booked this online with a great rate, which was only reason I chose this hotel.

However, that rate was denied when I originally checked in because the clerk didn't know how to enter an internet rate...the heat was nonexistent on a cold November Thanksgiving Eve...and bedding for the foldout was nowhere to be found; when it did arrive from housekeeping it was dirty.

The only solace was that breakfast was included and besides being overworked, the lady staffing breakfast was not too friendly.

After several minutes of arguing with the front desk manager at check out he produced the original rate I was given online.

I would no longer stay at this or any holiday inn, ever.

Carlisle, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2003

We stayed in this hotel because it was close to a local dog show where we were entered. It is a bit awkward to get there if you are traveling on 7 East because you have to pass the hotel and make a U-turn at the next red light. Once you get over the fear of doing that, it's not bad.
The decor was wonderful, the rooms were clean, and I greatly appreciated it being "pet friendly." The overall feeling is historic, sort of "country colonial" and is dominated by a hounds & hunting theme, which as a horse & hound lover, I found particularly appealing.
I especially enjoyed the extras, such as premium bath products and the Washington Post each morning. The beds were so darned comfy -- I almost opted out of our dog show! If I had to pick on anything, it would be the hotel's restaurant and tavern. It was chilly when we visited (November) and a nice fire was going just outside the restaurant. I had high hopes. I was wrong. Service in the restaurant was unbelievably slow and while the food wasn't too terribly pricey, the coffee was way overpriced ($3.50!!!). The waiters/waitresses weren't particularly friendly either. When the food came, though, it was very good. It is served in an old mansion and the atmosphere is very nice. As for the tavern, it wasn't too terribly overpriced and while service was faster, it was no friendlier. All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel.
I've stayed a lot of places and I can honestly say that despite its relatively reasonable rate, it is in my list of top 5. I would probably give the restaurant another try, but if there's no change, I'd drive out in the mornings for breakfast. It would be a lot faster than waiting for service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Comfort Suites Leesburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
Courtyard by Marriott Dulles Town Center
Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun

Been to Clarion Inn in Leesburg? Share your experiences!