“Nightmare!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 7 hotels in Leesburg
Eatontown, New Jersey
“Nightmare!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2005

Well, let's see, my reservation for a manor suite was a screwup from the getgo...the room had indoor/outdoor carpet and was in dire need of a cleaning...numerous lights didn't work...

I booked this online with a great rate, which was only reason I chose this hotel.

However, that rate was denied when I originally checked in because the clerk didn't know how to enter an internet rate...the heat was nonexistent on a cold November Thanksgiving Eve...and bedding for the foldout was nowhere to be found; when it did arrive from housekeeping it was dirty.

The only solace was that breakfast was included and besides being overworked, the lady staffing breakfast was not too friendly.

After several minutes of arguing with the front desk manager at check out he produced the original rate I was given online.

I would no longer stay at this or any holiday inn, ever.

159 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2003

We stayed in this hotel because it was close to a local dog show where we were entered. It is a bit awkward to get there if you are traveling on 7 East because you have to pass the hotel and make a U-turn at the next red light. Once you get over the fear of doing that, it's not bad.
The decor was wonderful, the rooms were clean, and I greatly appreciated it being "pet friendly." The overall feeling is historic, sort of "country colonial" and is dominated by a hounds & hunting theme, which as a horse & hound lover, I found particularly appealing.
I especially enjoyed the extras, such as premium bath products and the Washington Post each morning. The beds were so darned comfy -- I almost opted out of our dog show! If I had to pick on anything, it would be the hotel's restaurant and tavern. It was chilly when we visited (November) and a nice fire was going just outside the restaurant. I had high hopes. I was wrong. Service in the restaurant was unbelievably slow and while the food wasn't too terribly pricey, the coffee was way overpriced ($3.50!!!). The waiters/waitresses weren't particularly friendly either. When the food came, though, it was very good. It is served in an old mansion and the atmosphere is very nice. As for the tavern, it wasn't too terribly overpriced and while service was faster, it was no friendlier. All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel.
I've stayed a lot of places and I can honestly say that despite its relatively reasonable rate, it is in my list of top 5. I would probably give the restaurant another try, but if there's no change, I'd drive out in the mornings for breakfast. It would be a lot faster than waiting for service.

Been to Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall? Share your experiences!