“Convenient for what we needed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn in Leesburg

You added Clarion Inn in Leesburg to your Saves list
Clarion Inn in Leesburg
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 East Market St, Leesburg, VA 20176 (Formerly Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
North Wildwood, New Jersey
“Convenient for what we needed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My fiancé and I needed a room for a night while down in Leesburg for a party. The Clarion Inn was right across the street so we booked it. It was fine for what we needed. It certainly isn't a deluxe resort but the room was clean, cool and comfortable for a nights stay. It is an older hotel but I really can't complain about anything. We enjoyed our night there. And the staff was extremely nice and helpful.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
ClarionLeesburg, Manager at Clarion Inn in Leesburg, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you Natalie for your comments. Your experience while here at the Clarion is very important to us. We are pleased that you found our location and accommodations conveniently located and comfortable.
Our staff strives to provide each guest with a comfortable and accommodating attitude while staying with us.

We would like to welcome you back to the Clarion Inn Leesburg during your next stay to the area and would love for you to take advantage of our local shuttle as well to transport you to many of the area shoppes, dining and attractions in the immediate area.

Safe travels to your next destination and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at this hotel as a part of a local sports tournament week. It left much to be desired. There was mold in the bathroom. I found a soda can in the room after checking in. One of the days of the stay, the room was never checked. The walls are paper thin. Overall, the entire place needs upgrading. You can tell the hotel is old and run down.

The front counter staff was friendly. And there were no issues with checking in or leaving.

The hotel is somewhat difficult to access as well. It's situated right on Route 7. However, there is no crossover in front of the hotel. Coming from the west, you have to go to the next exit, do a U turn, and then come back.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled solo
Thank you sir for your honest review of your experience during your stay. Please accept our apologies that we failed to exceed your expectations. Rest assured that your comments have been passed on to the appropriate departments so that the staff may be more aware in the future.

You are correct that our property is not of new construction however we have begun a room-by-room facelift process to present to our guests a more comfortable and pleasing experience upon review. We are sorry that our location and access was troubling to you during your stay. Should you return to the hotel during a future stay in Leesburg, the front desk would be happy to accommodate you with local area information, an area map and personalized directions to your location if needed.

As always, management welcomes guests feedback, especially while you are currently staying with us so that we may correct any issues and make your stay the exceptional experience that you have come to expect when traveling.

Safe travels and we look forward to hosting you and others for Sports Tournaments in the future.
Detroit
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

... hotel I have stayed at in the last 20 years.

This hotel is old and dirty. The carpets throughout the halls a worn and clearly blackened with dirt. The room smelled terrible when we arrive, we're still here and will see if it gets better with the air running over the next two days. Room floors are also dirty, our white socks were black after a few hours.

The pool is run down and dirty, we had to ask for towels multiple times. Gym was also lacking towels, I have yet to see if the equipment works in the gym.

Tried to make coffee in the room and opened the coffee maker to find a moldy coffee filter. Breakfast at the restaurant was not good. Meats were server raw! Pancakes were very average. A breakfast at McDonald's would have been a better choice.

We are here for a wedding so received a discounted rate of $99 but I'm not sure that is much of a discount, I could have stayed at the Embassy Suites and had free breakfast and drinks every day for the same price!

We highly recommend you NOT stay here, unless you get the $50-$60 special.

I'll update the review upon checkout with more details.

Room Tip: Do Not Stay
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Please accept our apologies for your less than acceptable recent stay. Rest assured that your comments have been passed on to the appropriate departments so that these incidents do not repeat themselves. The restaurant management company has also been made aware of your experience so that they may address it with their staff as well.

As always, when you travel, we welcome your feedback at any time and especially while you are still staying with us so that we can address any issues immediately and provide you with the customer service, care and exceptional stay that you should receive.
Mesa, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We flew in to Dulles late and got there about 1:30 AM. 1st and 3rd day the maid failed to do our room. When I mentioned it to someone up front it was suggested I left the do not disturb tag on the door. NO WAY! We were up and out at 11:30 on the 1st day and I spoke to the maid who was just down the hall in Spanish (her native language), "habitacion 130 está disponible para Usted" (room 130's ready for you). 2nd day she cleaned, the 3rd day she didn't--again and I'd spoken to her again, much earlier that day when we left, about our room being ready.

I spoke to Gil (who seemed to be the mgr) and on check out day told him I'd bring my bill up and he could adjust it a bit for the 2 days missed service. He nodded. When I came back in a half hour he'd gone home and the gal on duty, who does NOT know how to smile (seems very uptight and tense--doesn't belong at any front desk) said "I'll reach out to Gil and call you within 20 minutes." She never did.

So I went to the front desk with my bill just before we left and a VERY NICE LADY was more than happy to give me a reasonable amount in consideration of 2 days with no maid service.
Our room went from $93+ to $111+ depending on day of week.*

We were there at a very humid time and the room was humid, but it was clean, as was the bathroom. TV was good and they had my fav channel, MSNBC, so all was good.

Dulles Airport is 14 miles east via a privately owned toll road. It's like $5.40 each way. Very convenient.

*Your room charges do NOT include breakfast. The photo on this page showing a breakfast buffet no longer applies. It's extra in a restaurant which is attached. One morning we ate there, both ordering "western omelettes" which were full of chopped fresh veggies and ham chunks, very tasty!!

BTW the shuttle service (mentioned in other reviews) was no longer available on the date of our stay (6/9-6/16/2015). I would stay there again.

Room Tip: No elevator. So if you don't do stairs, insist 1st floor.
  • Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
ClarionLeesburg, Manager at Clarion Inn in Leesburg, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I am glad to hear you would return to our property in the future and I hope to see you. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate parties to be addressed. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Radnor, Pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2015

Called to reserve a room. So busy they had to call me back.Never called me back but I drove in the driveway when I got there and the message to call me was right on the front desk! Gee,thanks! Fortunately there was a room. It was one that had been re-done and was nice. The room fee should have included a continental breakfast but fortunately Wegman's is across the highway!! Woo hoo!

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
I would like to apologize that your call was not returned please know this issue will be addressed. Most full service hotels(hotels with restaurants on property) generally do not include breakfast but your comment will be passed onto ownership. I hope to see you again in the future.
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2015

I Just finished a three (3) night stay here and the staff could not have been more efficient. "Gil" originally answered my specific questions last week over the phone & was there when I checked in; very professional. "Kiera" was also extremely helpful, polite and professional with what little assistance I required. This makes all the difference when locating a new Hotel to plan to return to when I am in and out of Leesburg - I will be back in August as well. Reportedly this Clarion Inn used to be a Holiday Inn & was recently changed in March to Clarion. Located right on Route 7 - E. Market Street in Leesburg - when coming in from the D.C. area the hotel is immediately on the right hand side of Route 7 just prior to entering the horrible backed-up traffic of downtown Leesburg. Since this hotel is the only one in the area that has it's own Bar & Restaurant, there are numerous functions that are held here relating to this Wedding destination area of Leesburg Wine Country. Some groups book entire blocks of several rooms. With that, receptions, parties, etc. being in guests to party before and after an event and at times the hallways and rooms are VERY noisy with loud, rude, inebriated & reveling people. I had a lovely room down in the back, but finally one evening I had to call the desk after 12:30 a.m. & they did their best to attempt to quiet the "drunks", however with little success. Know this in advance that Wedding guests or those groups flock to this hotel. Otherwise I am so pleased to find my new "home-away-from-home" & plan to make this a regular stop. You may receive a discounted rate if you choose to have NO Housekeeping Service during your stay. Meaning you will exchange your own towels, take out your own little trash each day - which I prefer as I do at my home, and not have your sheets changed each day - as I also do at home. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Ask to reserve a room where entire groups are NOT already reserved for more quiet & privacy.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2015 via mobile

This hotel is not well managed and that is probably the biggest issue. Let me list all the little things that add to up to a "do not stay here".

The bar and restaurant service were painfully slow and pricy! The "display" case was crammed with sodas and there were two cakes that had probably been there for some time. I must say though that the dinner was great. However, the breakfast was not that great. Why put out cream cheese when there are no bagels?

As for cleanliness, not so much. The floors are in desperate need of vacuuming! I left a wine glass on a table in a common area on Thursday evening. It was still sitting there on Sunday when we left. After cleaning our room, they neglected to replenish washcloths or facial tissues.

When arriving, the first room we were in (240) smelled very musty/ mildewy. The next room had a phone that did not work. We mentioned it to someone and they never bothered to replace it.

The corridors are hot.

The pool was not open and it was in the 90's after Memorial Day.

There were just so many examples of no one truly caring to do the little things that make for a special experience. It was a disappointment and an example of pure laziness and mismanagement!

I would recommend spending your money else where!!!!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
ClarionLeesburg, Manager at Clarion Inn in Leesburg, responded to this review, June 2, 2015
Dear Sir/Madam,

First please let me sincerely thank you for your feedback. It is valuable to us in ensuring that our guests receive the best service. Secondly, please let me apologize that you did not receive the exceptional service you were expecting during your stay with us. It is completely unacceptable and I understand your frustration.

Your review has been shared with the hotel staff in each of the appropriate departments as well as the independent restaurant on-site as well so that each of us can examine the errors and ways to eliminate this issue from repeating itself.

Thank you again and we sincerely hope you consider trying us again when visiting the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Comfort Suites Leesburg
Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg
Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
Courtyard by Marriott Dulles Town Center
Aloft Dulles Airport North

Been to Clarion Inn in Leesburg? Share your experiences!