Leesburg is incredibly convenient to the Point of Rocks MARC commuter rail station, making it an ideal location if looking for a quieter trip to the DC area. Day trips to the Capital are simple, hassle-free and cheap, and there are many historic sites in the nearby area if you just want to take a "hotel day."
The enormous rates DC hotels were charging during the Inauguration made it impossible to stay close-in, so the Holiday Inn Leesburg was a nice find at a reasonable price for a busy week.
I did have a slight glitch upon check-in. The clerk told me that my stay had been pre-paid through Orbitz, which I knew not to be true. It took quite awhile to sort out this issue, but in the end it didn't matter as much as it did at the time.
There were many school groups in the hotel while we were there; possibly due to the Inauguration; this might not be a common thing for the hotel.
The grounds are charming... don't miss the rockers on the porch, or the cozy Tavern.
Enjoyed my stay here. Would consider staying again if looking for a more relaxing, less action-packed tourist visit to the DC area, given the convenience and ease of the MARC train!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Leesburg at Historic Carradoc Hall is a unique hotel attached to a stately 1747 mansion home, conveniently located just two miles from Downtown Leesburg s historic district and 12 miles from the Dulles International Airport . This charming hotel offers complimentary high speed wireless and wired Internet access and expanded cable pay per view movies in all of our 122 guest rooms. Experience the area's local attractions: Balls Bluff and other Civil War Battlefields , Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets, Smithsonian museums, and historic Morven Park. Local companies in the area include: Verizon, Telos, the National Conference Center and Xerox Training Center . The 3 Oaks Restaurant at this Leesburg hotel provides a warm and wonderful atmosphere for dining, and Kids Eat Free! . Stay in shape by working out in our fitness center or swimming laps in our seasonal pool. Pets are welcome! Escape the hustle and bustle of the city and meet at The Holiday Inn Leesburg. We offer a relaxed, comfortable setting that is conducive to successful and productive meetings . With Five banquet rooms our hotel is also an ideal location for weddings, reunions, receptions, banquets and conferences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall Hotel Leesburg
- Holiday Inn Carradoc Hall
- Leesburg Holiday Inn