“Okay, Not Great” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Salisbury, North Carolina, United States
“Okay, Not Great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Little things downgrade this average hotel. The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was okay. However, lots of little things became annoying. There was only one cup for the coffee in morning, The room needed a more thorough cleaning and vacuuming in general. Grout in the shower and bathroom was not the cleanest. Parking was difficult because there a large religious group there. Towels had stains and so did the bed linen. It is an "okay" choice for a night's stay, but not anything memorable.

Room Tip: Get a room far from the conference/party rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
HolidayInnCarradoc, Manager at Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Rick,

I would like to offer my apology to you as we did not make your stay a memorable one. We appreciate and take to heart all of our guests feedback. Please be assured your comments have been pass onto the appropriate team members and we will strive to improve. We hope you would give us another chance in the future to make your stay at our property exceptional in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We were at Holiday Inn Leesburg last weekend for our wedding. The staff here are professional and helpful. Many of our guests stayed here and was very happy with their stay -- I recommended Holiday Inn for families and older guests -- in my opinion, it was more family friendly and quieter than other hotels. Andrew helped us organize the after wedding brunch which was delicious. He also helped us organized an after wedding party at the bar inside the hotel just a week before the wedding. They were both well organized and our guests loved it. I highly recommend the hotel for any visitors!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HolidayInnCarradoc, Manager at Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Sallie I,

We are so glad you and your wedding group enjoyed your experience at Holiday Inn Leesburg. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy life to write this review. We hope to see you again.
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

For history lovers, this is a nice place. Set on a historical site and close to downtown Leesburg, it's in a beautiful area. There are a couple on-site restaurants and the rooms are spacious. The front desk staff was amazing and very nice!
That said, I was disappointed with a few things: The fitness center is pitiful and not great if you like to work out on your trips. There is no complimentary coffee or beverages and their restaurants are overpriced.
I ordered breakfast via room service and was called early in the morning to be informed that they were completely out of the food I asked for. I ended up settling for undercooked bacon and some toast. I was still charged full price. Kind of started my morning off in a cruddy way.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInnCarradoc, Manager at Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your recent review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed and appreciated the historic nature of our property and location here in Loudoun County. We are very proud off our front desk staff and are working hard to provide excellent customer service.

It is our sincerest goal to offer our guests fantastic customer service and a superb and comfortable stay. The issues you have experienced recently during your stay have been reviewed with the restaurant staff so that this issue could be avoided in the future.

We do hope you might consider staying with us again in the future when you are next in town.

Hotel Management
Cincinnati
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

When you look at the pics of this hotel you think "Wow, this doesn't look like a Holiday Inn" and you would be right.

In a 100+ year old building it has a lot of charm...on the outside; once you get in it is below what you would expect from a typical Holiday Inn - this is bad!

The inside condition is poor with carpets coming apart, paint peeling, a bit musty smelling and the worst part: DIRTY!

Even the hallways were dirty and looked like they have not been vacuumed in months.

The outside pool was shut down and the only restaurant is an Indian restaurant that you can smell a mile away - an Indian friend who lives in the area said it was good at one time but the quality has gone down - hotel staff said they are going to close it?

The other problem with this hotel is the location - getting knot the parking lot heading north is easy...getting in from the other side heading south or if you want to head south from the parking lot is a maze....your GPS will go nuts and keep telling you to make a u-turn, even though signs in the area forbid it.

It seemed like it might have been a great stay and the rates are reasonable, bit it was a disappointment all the way around.

Room Tip: Since this is an old building, it has no elevators, even though it is only two floors.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your honest review of your recent stay with us. Now under new management, we are striving to correct previous and existing issues with a property of this age. We sincerely appreciate your feedback, as our guests reviews and thoughts are crucial to our revitalization.

We would like to invite you try our property again in the future and see some of the changes we are making.

Safe travels to your next destination!

Hotel Management
Campinas, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

It is a reasonable hotel and honestly speaking the main reason we stayed there was because was close to Leesburg premium outlet ( good tip to Brazilian shoppers). The hotel has its own charming since it was an old mansion. That is all about. Breakfast is reasonable at the Indian restaurant. If you do not like curry smell, breakfast will be challenging.

Room Tip: A good location if you are considering to shop at Leesburg outlet
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnCarradoc, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at Holiday Inn Leesburg! We are so glad to hear that you found the location convenient to area attractions! We hope you will consider us when you are in the area again. We will be sure to pass on your other comments as well to the in-house restaurant.

Charity Miller
Front Office Manager
Leesburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I arrived at my room at around 5:30pm and went to work on my computer, I attempted to turn on the main lamp and discovered it had no bulb. I called the front desk to fix it, they said they would send someone immediately, 40 minutes later a man arrived replaced the bulb and still could not get the light to work. he the completely moved the bed to discoverit was also unplugged. Later in the evening I called the restaurant to order dinner, after taking my order with difficulty due to a language barrier, the man on the phone stated I would have to call back because the bartender was not available to properly take my order. I called back 10 minutes later and placed my order and was told my order would be up in 15-20 minutes. 45 minutes I called the front desk to complain that I had not yet received my food, their response was the restaurant is third party owned and they had no control over it. I called the restaurant and canceled myorder and had to go out at 10:00pm to find something to eat. The next morning I went downstairs to eat breakfast that is supposedly free according to the website and was stopped by a man guarding the breakfast buffet asking me for a ticket. I informed him I had no ticket and he asked me for my room number with a look as if I was going to steal something. He made a call and told me that because I booked my room through an expedia type website I would have to pay $11.99 for my breakfast. I work in the Hospitality Industry and this is the worst service I have seen in over a decade. I would not reteurn nor recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInnCarradoc, Manager at Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Anthony,

I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. I am truly troubled by your experience and have personally spoken to each department regarding the issues you have dealt with. I would like to invite you to please contact a member of management so that we can make amends to you.

The Management Team
Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Had a wedding party and guests stay at the hotel. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. They did take care of our family with kids who were dissapointed that the pool was closed by paying for putt-putt golf for them and giving them passes to the fitness center across the street. Service in the restaurant was terrible. Even when not busy, had to wait 1 hour and 20 minutes for evening meal on night one. On one morning for breakfast, restaurant first ran out of plates causing people to share plates to eat off of and then had to share food when they ran out of food. They ran out of food each morning we ate there. Servers were not friendly at all. Did not make eye contact and you had to chase them toward the back where they were seemingly hiding from the guests in order to get orange juice or coffee refills. Apparently the restaurant is run separate from the Holiday Inn but it does reflect very poorly on the hotel. The pool was closed due to "major damage". We had an elderly relative that needed to change rooms because despite notifying the hotel management that the toilet would not stop running, it apparently was easier to move the guest than to fix the toilet. The tiles in the bathroom were missing grout and the floor would "crunch" when walked on. The privacy shade in our room did not close all the way on the left so the right side had to be forced over which exposed a hole in the shade. This location has alot of history and potential and its too bad that it is run the way it is (exception front desk personnel). The "Service" rating is the front desk staff not the restaurant service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
DCTraveler3716,

I would first like to apologize that your recent stay at our property was not as enjoyable as it should have been. The issues in the room have been taken care of and I am sorry you had to experience that. I have forwarded the issues you had in the restaurant to the ownership and management team. Thank you again for sharing your concerns with us.

Been to Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall? Share your experiences!