“Would not recommend for groups” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Washington, DC
“Would not recommend for groups”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Had a wedding party and guests stay at the hotel. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. They did take care of our family with kids who were dissapointed that the pool was closed by paying for putt-putt golf for them and giving them passes to the fitness center across the street. Service in the restaurant was terrible. Even when not busy, had to wait 1 hour and 20 minutes for evening meal on night one. On one morning for breakfast, restaurant first ran out of plates causing people to share plates to eat off of and then had to share food when they ran out of food. They ran out of food each morning we ate there. Servers were not friendly at all. Did not make eye contact and you had to chase them toward the back where they were seemingly hiding from the guests in order to get orange juice or coffee refills. Apparently the restaurant is run separate from the Holiday Inn but it does reflect very poorly on the hotel. The pool was closed due to "major damage". We had an elderly relative that needed to change rooms because despite notifying the hotel management that the toilet would not stop running, it apparently was easier to move the guest than to fix the toilet. The tiles in the bathroom were missing grout and the floor would "crunch" when walked on. The privacy shade in our room did not close all the way on the left so the right side had to be forced over which exposed a hole in the shade. This location has alot of history and potential and its too bad that it is run the way it is (exception front desk personnel). The "Service" rating is the front desk staff not the restaurant service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HolidayInnCarradoc, Manager at Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
DCTraveler3716,

I would first like to apologize that your recent stay at our property was not as enjoyable as it should have been. The issues in the room have been taken care of and I am sorry you had to experience that. I have forwarded the issues you had in the restaurant to the ownership and management team. Thank you again for sharing your concerns with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Encinitas, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I understand that hotels need to do upkeep and maintenance, but this hotel really is behind on both. We picked this hotel for the weekend of the wine country half marathon (it was listed on the running website). We also picked it because it listed an outdoor pool which is uncommon in this part of the country. Very disappointed when we checked in and were told the pool wasn't open. Considering the past two weeks had seen glorious weather, I have to ask why? We (personally) called a nearby resort which was the main location for race events and were told no problem using their 3 outdoor pools. Probably should have just stayed there. The room was satisfactory (with a view of the non-usable pool!) but the hallways, stairs all need upgrades desperately. It looks old and tired - although the rooms were nicely appointed. Beds comfortable, place is clean. Ok for 1 night (we had unfortunately booked two).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
HolidayInnCarradoc, Manager at Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
I would like to thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at our property. We are currently working on update and upgrades to our public areas. We unfortunately have experienced issues in opening our pool and are currently working on those in an effort to have the pool open very soon. I am glad to hear that you did find the rooms satisfactory and that you also found our hotel to be clean. I really appreciate your feedback and will make every effort to work on improvements in all of the areas you mentioned had issues. Thank you again.
Roanoke, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The hotel restaurant specializes in Indian food. I had the mild Indian version yet it was too hot and spicy for my taste. Beware if the server suggests bread and dipping as they charged me almost an extra $20 for what I assumed was free. Also the smells of indian food aroma lingered in the halls of the hotel. I found the hotel staff friendly and our room was clean and comfortable. I wish we had unplugged the hotel alarm clock as it went off at 6am the next morning when we had planned to sleep in - we could not figure out how to turn it off so tried to unplug only to realize it was hooked to a multi electric cord causing the lamp to fall off the table. The curtains did not block the morning sun either. Over all I was satisfied with my stay. Although I will chose to try a new venue next visit.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
HolidayInnCarradoc, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Hello Teresa,

Thank you for your honest review of our property. Our continual goal is that each of our guests has a delightful and enjoyable experience at our properties. I am glad to hear that the service your received from our hotel staff was pleasant and the room comfortable for you. I can see how a cumbersome wiring arrangement could make things challenging and frustrating. Because of your review we are evaluating the best way to eliminate the need for extra cords within the rooms and have discussed with each applicable department regarding these issues with the alarm clock as well.

I am truly sorry that they on-site restaurant partner did not provide you with exceptional service and clear expectations. I have passed on your review to the new restaurant manager as well so they it can be addressed with the staff there also.

I sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us again when you are next in the area. Please feel free contact a member of the management team so that we can ensure each aspect of your stay is pleasant and enjoyable.

Hotel Management
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

quaint location, updated rooms, quality sleep. very good stay and would come back if in the area. beds are comfy, all the amenities....except microwave in the room and no breakfast. you could order room service for a very limited breakfast selection and it cost extra. overall the experience was pleasant.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our property. We hope if you are in the area again you would stay with us. If you do I wanted to inform you we do have microwaves upon request we would be happy to have one in your room just request one while making your reservation. Thank you for choosing our property and thank you for taking the time to write this review.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I recently stayed here for business. As my tittle says, a very typical Holiday Inn with a little "not so good" added…or subtracted. OK rooms, and service, good location and reasonable rates. But this one fell just short of even Holiday Inn standards in my book. My room had a constantly running toilet that never got fixed despite my requesting repair twice. (I wound up just turning off the water at night.) The hotel restaurant is Indian cuisine. Call me picky, but I just couldn't get my mind around eating an American breakfast with the heavy smell of curry in the air. There was a table for coffee in the lobby but there was no sign of the magic brew at 7 AM. No small store to pick up a candy bar or dental floss. This hotel just lacked the little things that make business travel a little nicer and I will not stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInnCarradoc, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Please let me first say how truly sorry I am that you were not completely satisfied with you recent stay at our property. We strive to make the stay of each and every guest exceptional and I personally hold myself responsible when we are not able to do so. I appreciate you taking the time to write this review. I will discuss all of your comments with the appropriate departments in order to insure if any of these issue would occur again that they are handled more appropriately. I would like to ask you if it would be possible for you to contact me so I may find out the room number you occupied so I can have my engineer inspect the room. I would also like to extend the offer is you are in the area again to please give us another chance to better serve you. I would like to personally handle your reservation please contact me directly. I can be reached via email at laura.fletcher@baywoodhotels.com or via phone at 703-771-9200. Thank you again for your time in writing your review.
East Islip, New York, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Chose this hotel because of it's location to the venue for a wedding we were going to at the golf course. Also I frequently choose holiday inn whenever I travel. This particular hotel was very quaint and is part of a historic house. The room was very spacious and clean. Easily located right off the highway. I would definitely look into staying here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I chose this since it was listed as "close to Dulles international airport" and we were getting in kind of late so it seemed like a good idea.
I also like Holiday Inn in general, they keep a good decent standard to decent prices.

The hotel wasn't what I'd call "close" to the airport, but we had a rental car and they did have a Shuttle so that is forgiven.
The area was more than calm and we didn't hear a peep all night.

It would seem the establishment was aiming for conferences and occasions and as such it might be fine, but it was definitely not a place to stay for vacation.
The rooms looked liked every other hotel room in the US but a bit more worn down than one would wish for.
In the night it got below freezing outside and that we noticed inside in the morning.
But the beds where way better than average, probably some of the best beds I've ever had in a hotel, so sleeping well wasn't a problem.

Breakfast wasn't complementary and the ambiance of the breakfast room made us choose iHop down the street instead.

Room Tip: Turn the heat up if it's cold outside