“Ease of” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
East Islip, New York, Usa
“Ease of”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Chose this hotel because of it's location to the venue for a wedding we were going to at the golf course. Also I frequently choose holiday inn whenever I travel. This particular hotel was very quaint and is part of a historic house. The room was very spacious and clean. Easily located right off the highway. I would definitely look into staying here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I chose this since it was listed as "close to Dulles international airport" and we were getting in kind of late so it seemed like a good idea.
I also like Holiday Inn in general, they keep a good decent standard to decent prices.

The hotel wasn't what I'd call "close" to the airport, but we had a rental car and they did have a Shuttle so that is forgiven.
The area was more than calm and we didn't hear a peep all night.

It would seem the establishment was aiming for conferences and occasions and as such it might be fine, but it was definitely not a place to stay for vacation.
The rooms looked liked every other hotel room in the US but a bit more worn down than one would wish for.
In the night it got below freezing outside and that we noticed inside in the morning.
But the beds where way better than average, probably some of the best beds I've ever had in a hotel, so sleeping well wasn't a problem.

Breakfast wasn't complementary and the ambiance of the breakfast room made us choose iHop down the street instead.

Room Tip: Turn the heat up if it's cold outside
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Bjorn_J73,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re very sorry you were not satisfied with the location of the hotel. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
rawry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I picked this hotel because it was only $10 more than the cheapest but the pictures looked so much nicer! It looked just as nice as the pictures pulling up, more like a bed and breakfast.

There wasn't an elevator which made unloading a bit of a hassle, but that's the only bad thing I can say. The rooms felt luxurious; I was surprised how well they were furnished. The beds were super comfortable and had both soft AND firm pillows.

Also, there was a very nice bar in the hotel. There is nothing like an ice cold draft after a long day with family. Plus the owner opened up the kitchen after hours for me so I could sample their delicious Indian food. It was so good!

I loved that the place was surrounded by shopping. Outlet malls, shopping centers, and downtown was only a few minutes down the road! I could have spent my whole stay within 10 minutes of the hotel and never wanted to leave. I can not say enough wonderful things about it!

This hotel was worth the price and then some! I can't wait to go back and stay with my boyfriend!

• Stayed April 2014
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I want to thank Andrew and his wonderful staff for providing my mother with a wonderful 95th birthday event. The room set up and decorations were above and beyond anything I could have imagined - so beautiful!! The food was excellent and I have to say Andrew went out of his way to provide a wonderful experience for the kids at the event by providing them with pizza (for those that did not want what the adults were eating) to making (on the spur of moment I might add) a wonderful carrot desert for one guest who had celiac disease (and by the way everyone else loved it to).
Thanks again to Andrew and staff for a wonderful time!

Stayed March 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

The hotel was very comfortable, and had the feel of an Inn not a chain hotel. The beds were wonderful and we all got a great nights sleep. We checked in around 4pm and were greeted by a very nice gentleman at the front desk who was very helpful. After finding our rooms we went to the lounge and had a drink before dinner and that was very pleasant as well, we had dinner in the on site restaurant which was great the service was wonderful and the food was very good. If we ever find ourselves in Leesburg again we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
HolidayInnCarradoc, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
I am very please to hear you had a "Wonderful Stay" and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is also nice to hear that we provided you with great service and were able to make your stay in Leesburg enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again in the future I would love to personally handle your reservation. Laura Fletcher
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Our association just held its annual Awards Ceremony in the Ballroom of the hotel. Andrew Mercer and his staff created this elegant room to provide that special feeling for our award recipients. Working with Andrew is great!!!! He is completely on top of all tasks and offers more than I could imagine. The food was exceptional!!! Our guests were amazed by the Mashed Potato Bar!!! Some had never heard of it and thought it to be a delightful experience. As the event planner, I have to thank Andrew for making me look good!!!! Great job Andrew, can't wait to have another event with you. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I held a coaches appreciation dinner for my volunteers in Special Olympics Virginia on March 30, 2014. I worked with Andrew Mercer, the Sales & Catering Manager for the hotel and had nothing but an exceptional experience! From the start he was more than willing to work with us and the room was beautifully set up. The wait staff did an excellent job working with some of our athletes that helped serve dinner as well. I will be hosting many more events at the hotel and cannot say enough great things about Mr. Mercer.

Room Tip: did not stay.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall? Share your experiences!