“Dark, damp, no elevators, stinky” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Winchester, Virginia
“Dark, damp, no elevators, stinky”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

This hotel is very damp, dark, has no elevators, is very confusing, and has very odd people there. I was stared up and down by employees of the restaurant, which stunk horribly as we walked by trying to find where in the world the rooms were. we left and refused to stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnCarradoc, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Laura G,

I am so sorry to hear that what should have been a memorable night for you, left you with an entirely different feeling. You are correct in that the age of our property presents us with a widespread layout. However, our Front Desk staff should have presented you with a map of the facility and all that is provided here, as well as offered to have our Houseman/Shuttle personnel help you to your room.

With regard to the unfortunate experience that transpired in the in-house restaurant, I can assure you that the management and ownership of the restaurant operation have been given your review to discuss and correct any issues with their staff that may have made you feel uncomfortable.

It is our sincerest goal and wish of the Holiday Inn Leesburg that all of our guests feel safe, secure and comfortable in all areas of our facility, including the bar and restaurant.

I would encourage you to contact me directly so that if you wish, we may have the opportunity to present to you the best that we have to offer here at Holiday Inn Leesburg with outstanding customer service, and comfortable, clean guest accommodations.

Charity Miller, Front Office Manager
Holiday Inn Leesburg at Historic Carradoc Hall, 1500 East Market Street, Leesburg, VA, 20176
(703) 771-9200, Charity.Miller@BaywoodHotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Charles Town, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I had spend the night on New Years Eve to attend their gala and was very pleased with everything. Great, speedy check in and the front desk person was able to give me details of the event and where it was located. A map for my room which was very easy to find. I commented to the staff which decorator they used for the holiday decor was was shocked when they said the staff did it all by themselves. Very professional looking and very festive. My room was clean and comfortable, "loved the bed" and great water pressure in the shower. The party was very full but a joy to attend. The food was a mixture of Indian and American and I had never had Indian food but was overjoyed in being able to try some.

I would stay there again and would encourage others to donate same.

You had to drive past and make a u-turn but that was not too much trouble after inexperienced the hotel!

Very Pleased in Virginia

• Stayed January 2014
HolidayInnCarradoc, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Hello DSouza99,

Thank you for a lovely review of our property, staff and your experience. We are delighted that you had a wonderful experience here at Holiday Inn Leesburg and we hope to host you again soon. We value your feedback and are glad to hear that the efforts we are making to revive this property and change the face of customer service at this location, are successful and impacting our guests in a positive way.

Charity.Miller@baywoodhotels.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Spent the night here on NYE and was very pleased with the service and the cleanliness of the room. The staff was very courteous and helpful! The room was easily accessible and very spacious. I will definitely be staying here again in the future!!

Hello Kimberly F,

Thank you for your review and I am delighted to hear that you had a great experience here at Holiday Inn Leesburg. Keep us in mind for your next trip to our Loudoun County Wineries or the Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets.

Happy New Year!

Charity.Miller@baywoodhotels.com
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had a gorgeous wedding in Carradoc Hall's historic Mansion--with five fireplaces, hardwood floors and gold linens. The hotel's Silk restaurant catered a fabulous dinner of Indian and American cuisine. We had a full bar, a special table for the kids, a chocolate fountain and absolutely amazing service. The accommodations were immaculate with big soft beds. Thanks to the hotel's Andrew Mercer we and our guests had a dream experience.

Charles Town, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I was one of the winners of the Facebook contest they were running that was an overnight room and tickets to their Gala that was from 8-1am with food and beverage. I arrived early to the hotel to get ready. The front desk staff already knew I was a facebook wionner and congratulated me on that and gave me nformation for my room. They also gave me a detailed map of the room location and the area of the party. On my departure from the front desk, again they told me that if i needed anything at all during my stay to let them know.

I am in Hospitality as well so when I got to my room I was pleasantly surprised. I had heard a few less positive things about the hotel being outdated but I thought the opposite. It is a lovely traditional style hotel that all goes together along with the historic mansion. My room was clean, comfortable and i felt very secure and safe. That is very important to me. My bathroom was also very clean. I dont normally take a bath in a hotel but I had a nice bubble bath before my party.

I went to the party and was amazed at the different types of food. An Indian restaurant had catered the event but all in all the Holiday Inn did a great job. At one point i ran into the General Manager helping with kids in the "kids" area. I was surprised that they would allow children at the party, but they had an assigned place.

I was mailed my tickets from the Director of Sales Joe Mccorey and he showed me around the area as well. I can see an event here or possibly take part in one of the wine getaways.

Breakfast in the morning was good, waffles, hash browns but we were in the dining room by ourselves. Guess everyone else was sleeping.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnCarradoc, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Hello Toni H,

Thank you for the fabulous review! We are so delighted that you had a splendid time at the event and enjoyed your stay while at our hotel. Hope to see you at next years New Years Eve Event!

We would love to have you back again when you plan your trip for visiting wineries in the area.

Have a very Happy New Year!

Chester, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

This is one strange place. Room was clean but whole adventure was surreal. There was a cat lady on the property with many, and I mean many, cats that she comes and feeds. The property is in need of repair. They had three different reservations in our name and none were correct. There is a hookah bar on the property, not really a restaurant. Just an overhaul uncomfortable feeling. The two redeeming points were
there is are good places to go in downtown Leesburg like the Wine Kitchen and the young man that picked us up from the airport to bring us back to our car was delightful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnCarradoc, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear ElizabethF920,

I appreciate your sending the review, without the help of our customers giving us feedback we would not know what needs to be addressed on the guest side.

I do want to let you know that we are aware of the "cat lady" that visits us on our property. She is an advocate for the Loudoun County Humane Society and comes into our area to feed and humanely trap the cats to be neutered and spayed. The Humane Society then will place them up for adoption in there center. We are so pleased that 11 of them have found forever homes in this past year. I am sorry this made you feel uncomfortable, she has a schedule with us to come in either the evening or the early morning so that it is not disrupting to guests that are staying with us.

When you had a comment about the Hooka Bar, we did have one several months ago for a short time. It was closed and our Mansion House is currently under a re-model and we would love for you to visit us upon its completion at the end of this month.

We do have a full service food and beverage operation managing our Restaurant and Lounge. We serve breakfast, lunch and a very nice dinner. We also provide room service if you are so inclined to relax in your room.

I invite you to give me a call should you have additional concerns that I can help you with.

I am glad you gave us your feedback.

Joe McCarey
Director of Sales
Lake Ridge, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed in this hotel on our wedding night in Oct. 2013. We chose this hotel because of the proximity to the venue, it had a bar, and looked gorgeous. It was beyond awful. First off, there is an Indian restaurant at the hotel and the curry smell is overpowering. There was a party going on that was so loud we couldn't even begin to enjoy our wedding night. The bed was so horribly uncomfortable we couldn't have slept even if it was quiet. We ended up leaving the hotel on our wedding night and driving an hour home just to get a few hours of sleep before driving an hour back to have breakfast (which was awful as well) with our out of town guests. We always stay at Holiday Inn and used rewards points to pay for our room and 4 others for our wedding party. We asked that Holiday Inn at least refund the points for our room since we couldn't even stay in it, and they refused. Do not stay here. If you have to stay in Leesburg go to the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear kt2of3,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall? Share your experiences!