“New Year's Eve Event” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Charles Town, West Virginia
“New Year's Eve Event”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I was one of the winners of the Facebook contest they were running that was an overnight room and tickets to their Gala that was from 8-1am with food and beverage. I arrived early to the hotel to get ready. The front desk staff already knew I was a facebook wionner and congratulated me on that and gave me nformation for my room. They also gave me a detailed map of the room location and the area of the party. On my departure from the front desk, again they told me that if i needed anything at all during my stay to let them know.

I am in Hospitality as well so when I got to my room I was pleasantly surprised. I had heard a few less positive things about the hotel being outdated but I thought the opposite. It is a lovely traditional style hotel that all goes together along with the historic mansion. My room was clean, comfortable and i felt very secure and safe. That is very important to me. My bathroom was also very clean. I dont normally take a bath in a hotel but I had a nice bubble bath before my party.

I went to the party and was amazed at the different types of food. An Indian restaurant had catered the event but all in all the Holiday Inn did a great job. At one point i ran into the General Manager helping with kids in the "kids" area. I was surprised that they would allow children at the party, but they had an assigned place.

I was mailed my tickets from the Director of Sales Joe Mccorey and he showed me around the area as well. I can see an event here or possibly take part in one of the wine getaways.

Breakfast in the morning was good, waffles, hash browns but we were in the dining room by ourselves. Guess everyone else was sleeping.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnCarradoc, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Hello Toni H,

Thank you for the fabulous review! We are so delighted that you had a splendid time at the event and enjoyed your stay while at our hotel. Hope to see you at next years New Years Eve Event!

We would love to have you back again when you plan your trip for visiting wineries in the area.

Have a very Happy New Year!

Most Sincerely,

Charity Miller
Front Office Manager
(703) 771-9200

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Chester, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

This is one strange place. Room was clean but whole adventure was surreal. There was a cat lady on the property with many, and I mean many, cats that she comes and feeds. The property is in need of repair. They had three different reservations in our name and none were correct. There is a hookah bar on the property, not really a restaurant. Just an overhaul uncomfortable feeling. The two redeeming points were
there is are good places to go in downtown Leesburg like the Wine Kitchen and the young man that picked us up from the airport to bring us back to our car was delightful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnCarradoc, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear ElizabethF920,

I appreciate your sending the review, without the help of our customers giving us feedback we would not know what needs to be addressed on the guest side.

I do want to let you know that we are aware of the "cat lady" that visits us on our property. She is an advocate for the Loudoun County Humane Society and comes into our area to feed and humanely trap the cats to be neutered and spayed. The Humane Society then will place them up for adoption in there center. We are so pleased that 11 of them have found forever homes in this past year. I am sorry this made you feel uncomfortable, she has a schedule with us to come in either the evening or the early morning so that it is not disrupting to guests that are staying with us.

When you had a comment about the Hooka Bar, we did have one several months ago for a short time. It was closed and our Mansion House is currently under a re-model and we would love for you to visit us upon its completion at the end of this month.

We do have a full service food and beverage operation managing our Restaurant and Lounge. We serve breakfast, lunch and a very nice dinner. We also provide room service if you are so inclined to relax in your room.

I invite you to give me a call should you have additional concerns that I can help you with.

I am glad you gave us your feedback.

Joe McCarey
Director of Sales
Lake Ridge, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed in this hotel on our wedding night in Oct. 2013. We chose this hotel because of the proximity to the venue, it had a bar, and looked gorgeous. It was beyond awful. First off, there is an Indian restaurant at the hotel and the curry smell is overpowering. There was a party going on that was so loud we couldn't even begin to enjoy our wedding night. The bed was so horribly uncomfortable we couldn't have slept even if it was quiet. We ended up leaving the hotel on our wedding night and driving an hour home just to get a few hours of sleep before driving an hour back to have breakfast (which was awful as well) with our out of town guests. We always stay at Holiday Inn and used rewards points to pay for our room and 4 others for our wedding party. We asked that Holiday Inn at least refund the points for our room since we couldn't even stay in it, and they refused. Do not stay here. If you have to stay in Leesburg go to the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear kt2of3,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My friend and I stayed here while having a girl's weekend in Leesburg. The room had two double beds which were very comfortable and the room was clean -- always a plus! The choice of either firm or soft pillows on the beds was very nice, too. The staff was great! Breakfast is offered at the hotel, either from a menu or buffet. It didn't suit our wants so we ended up going outside the hotel for breakfast. There are no elevators at this hotel. It's only 2 stories, but getting luggage up and down the stairs can be a challenge. If you have physical challenges make sure they know that so they can give you a first floor room. It's very close to the outlet's and a quick drive into the town of Leesburg. It's not the Ritz, but for the price it was worth the stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Ann G,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our bed and our staff.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the food selection. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I loved the way it does not look like a Holiday Inn and it is attached to the old building next door which houses the restaurant. it has a long front porch with white rocking chairs. It was raining and I sat on the porch and had a glass of wine. I had some very nice conversation with several other guests. I drove past it twice because it does not look like a Holiday Inn. My room was clean and everything worked fine. The only problem I had was they have plenty of coffee for the guest both in the room and front lobby but no tea. If you want tea you have to go to the restaurant and order and I didn't have time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Medusa, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were in town to visit the Loudoun Art Academy and Art Square. The Holiday Inn was recommended to us by a local. What a gem! It is right off the highway, but the layout of the hotel gives a sense of quiet and privacy. The buildings are older, historic buildings, but that just added to the charm. We were met by Ali, who quickly attended to our every request. He even visited the room shortly after we checked in to make sure we had everything we needed. The room was fine...comfy bed, clean bathroom, etc. The fitness room and restaurant were attached, so we did not have to go out into the rain. The manager's reception consisted of wine, beer, soft drinks, nachos, chili, cheese, etc. We could have made that our dinner! But we are glad we did not! The food at the hotel's restaurant was outstanding. It was authentic Indian cuisine, and man, was it good! We eat a lot of Indian food, so we really appreciated the variety of the non-American food. And it was a great bargain as well; buy two entrees and get one free! The breakfast the next day was outstanding as well.
During our visit the staff was truly attentive and friendly. Laura, the new General Manager, spoke with us several times about the changes she had made and hoped to make, and was genuinely interested in our opinions about the hotel. We were made welcome by this wonderful staff and would stay there again anytime.

Room Tip: Stay on the back side of the hotel to avoid the noise of the highway.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
New Haven
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My fiance and I reserved a block of 70 rooms at the Holiday Inn for our wedding last weekend, and we were very pleased with the hotel and its staff. We signed a contract with the hotel to reserve the 70 rooms about a year before the wedding. Our first contact at the hotel was not very responsive but, in May or June, we were assigned a new contact, Claudia Gomez, who was very responsive in answering my emails and updating me on who had reserved rooms. We found the hotel rooms to be clean, spacious and functional. The hotel also has an onsite restaurant that offers a super delicious Indian buffet for lunch. In addition, the hotel's event coordinator, Andrew Mercer, reserved a banquet room for us for the rehearsal the day before the wedding and another banquet room for brunch for all the wedding guests the day after the wedding. The brunch food was excellent, and Mr. Mercer even arranged to have beautiful table cloths for all the tables. Overall, a very good experience and I hope to stay there again some time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall? Share your experiences!