“What a dump!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 7 hotels in Leesburg
New York City, New York
“What a dump!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Shabby all around. The entire place - which is quite old but lacking in any kind of historic charm - reeked of stale cigarette smoke. In room refrigerator barely worked, hadn't been defrosted in ages. Curtains and curtain pulls were filthy. Carpets filthy. In short: a dump, and a real black eye for the Holiday Inn brand. And the staff seemed completely out to lunch, couldn't answer basic questions Yuck!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnCarradoc, Manager at Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies that your stay was negatively affected by the condition of your room and the service you received. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority.

The hotel is recently under new management and striving to right any wrongs from the past and uplift the hotels physical condition and all around customer service.This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Most Sincerely

143 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Property has been remodeled in the last 12-14 months. The room was very nice; however, the light was out over the bathroom sink, I reported the problem twice but is was never fixed.
The entrance and exit doors away from the lobby were very old and not real secure.

Room Tip: Nice room but don't expect service.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnCarradoc, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our property. I'm glad that you liked the room; however, I am very concerned that your maintenance issue was not resolved immediately after it was reported. I have addressed this issue with all departments and would like to extend my apology for the inconvenience this caused you. I am new at this property and have had all the entrance doors inspected to insure that our guests are safe and secure while at our property. If you return to Leesburg I would like for you to contact me personally to handle your reservation and make myself available to meet with you. I can be contacted at the following email address laura.fletcher@baywoodhotels.com.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed at this cozy delightful hotel over the weekend just over two months ago. The hotel shuttle service to and from Dulles airport and the Leesburg Premium Outlets provided a convenience for patrons of the hotel. The rooms were clean and up to stand and the staff was a pleasure to deal with. One staff member named Shaun went beyond his call of duty to make our stay memorable. Moreover, the restaurant staffs were attentive. best of all the hotel provided free five star breakfast. All in all a great value for the money and excellent service.

Cheers

Cyrus

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Charlottesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We needed a place near Dulles where we could park our car for three weeks. This place offers 3 weeks free parking if you stay one night, at either end of your trip. We stayed at the end. The staff was remarkably professional, friendly and helpful, even locating a wrench to help us disconnect the car battery for its 3 week "nap". The free airport shuttle runs on the hour and takes about half an hour to get there. When we flew back, we called the hotel as soon as the plane landed and the shuttle was waiting for us after we cleared customs.

The room was quiet and immaculate and it was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on! My husband liked the pillow so much we asked if we could buy it! And we did!
There's a nice outdoor pool in an enclosed courtyard, and a well-equipped exercise room. An Indian restaurant on site with a good looking menu, though it was a bit pricey. The "continental" breakfast was a great buffet, with both hot and cold offerings.

We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Woodbridge, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

From the highway, the Holiday Inn looks quaint and inviting. Unfortunately, once you enter the grounds you realize it might leave more to be desired. The room was dark and damp. The floor grout is black in the bathroom. Although the rooms "appeared" clean, you knew they weren't. The staff at the front desk were fantastic and very friendly. I felt compelled to provide positive feedback for the staff because they were the only light in an otherwise pretty disappointing stay. Won't be back -- ever.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnCarradoc, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us, I apologize that our hotel failed to meet your expectations. I would like the opportunity to discuss this further with you, please contact me at your earliest convenience at 703.771.9200 General Manager
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

At check in I was told the room key machine wasn't working so I got to stay in the lobby for half an hour until a master key could be retrieved to let me into my room, which I then couldn't leave without locking myself out.

The room was very dark and the few lamps barely light it. Definitely not enough light to read by. The room was also incredibly humid and warm, and no amount of tinkering with the window unit helped.

I couldn't access the wifi because the front desk never picked up the phone to give me the access code, and without a key I couldn't go get it.

I then discovered that the complimentary airport shuttle, the ONLY reason I booked the room, doesn't start running until 6:30am, which makes it a little tough to get on my 6am flight. Now I'm stuck in a muggy room with no wifi, and I'll have to pay out of pocket for a taxi to the airport in the morning.

Never stayin here again.

• Stayed June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Heather_YSP,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by service you received from our hotel. Thank you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, I hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Washington DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed one night on a weekend in June, because we were attending a local wedding. We were taken aback by the outside of the hotel, which looks like it hasn't been painted or maintained in many years, and by the dated and dingy interior. Our room was on the second floor...and surprise, there were no elevators so we had to drag the luggage up the stairs. The front desk clerk said that there were no elevators because the hotel was "historic", but I find it hard to believe that the 1950s vintage rooms were really historic in any way that prevented the installation of elevators or central A/C.

The room was an adequate size, but jammed full of furniture (2 beds, desk, armoire, bench, desk, arm chair, ottoman etc.) so there was no room to move. It was quite dark, and the lamps had inadequate wattage to comfortably read or see. It was too dark to see if the room was really clean, but we did not see any bedbugs or visible stains on the bed. When we checked in, the maids had forgotten to supply any toiletries to the room - there wasn't even any soap - but we were able to run them down in the hallway and they found some soap after scrounging on their cart for about 5 minutes. The bathroom floor had loose tiles that moved when you walked on them, but seemed clean enough. And there was plenty of hot water. The A/C was provided by a window unit that was incredibly loud and inadequate to cool the entire room. It would go on for about 5 minutes at a time (and was VERY loud) but the cool air only reached about 3 feet from the unit, so the majority of the room was quite stuffy and uncomfortably warm all night (note it was only 80 degrees during the day when we were there so it was not heat-wave conditions).

Regarding the bar/restaurant - I went to bed after the wedding, but S went to the bar and was there from about 11 pm to 2 am (closing time). He said that the bartender was surly and service was poor. I can believe it, because the next morning at breakfast the service was ABYSMAL. It was a buffet and they were out of food by 8.45 am when we arrived. It took about 15 minutes to replenish the food, and they immediately ran out of eggs again. The restaurant is quite small - 40 seats max - but it took the surly and incredibly slow waiter 20 minutes to bring coffee, 60 minutes to bring water, and he never brought the juice we requested. We repeatedly requested refills of the coffee but the waiter would not refill our coffees or bring the juice. Why the hotel just doesn't have a coffee urn and a few beverage pitchers is beyond me.

All in all, I was unfavorably reminded of my college backpacking trip to eastern Europe and my stays in some god-awful communist hotels. Not what you would expect in the richest county in the USA!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear AlexeiM,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall? Share your experiences!