Stayed one night on a weekend in June, because we were attending a local wedding. We were taken aback by the outside of the hotel, which looks like it hasn't been painted or maintained in many years, and by the dated and dingy interior. Our room was on the second floor...and surprise, there were no elevators so we had to drag the luggage up the stairs. The front desk clerk said that there were no elevators because the hotel was "historic", but I find it hard to believe that the 1950s vintage rooms were really historic in any way that prevented the installation of elevators or central A/C.
The room was an adequate size, but jammed full of furniture (2 beds, desk, armoire, bench, desk, arm chair, ottoman etc.) so there was no room to move. It was quite dark, and the lamps had inadequate wattage to comfortably read or see. It was too dark to see if the room was really clean, but we did not see any bedbugs or visible stains on the bed. When we checked in, the maids had forgotten to supply any toiletries to the room - there wasn't even any soap - but we were able to run them down in the hallway and they found some soap after scrounging on their cart for about 5 minutes. The bathroom floor had loose tiles that moved when you walked on them, but seemed clean enough. And there was plenty of hot water. The A/C was provided by a window unit that was incredibly loud and inadequate to cool the entire room. It would go on for about 5 minutes at a time (and was VERY loud) but the cool air only reached about 3 feet from the unit, so the majority of the room was quite stuffy and uncomfortably warm all night (note it was only 80 degrees during the day when we were there so it was not heat-wave conditions).
Regarding the bar/restaurant - I went to bed after the wedding, but S went to the bar and was there from about 11 pm to 2 am (closing time). He said that the bartender was surly and service was poor. I can believe it, because the next morning at breakfast the service was ABYSMAL. It was a buffet and they were out of food by 8.45 am when we arrived. It took about 15 minutes to replenish the food, and they immediately ran out of eggs again. The restaurant is quite small - 40 seats max - but it took the surly and incredibly slow waiter 20 minutes to bring coffee, 60 minutes to bring water, and he never brought the juice we requested. We repeatedly requested refills of the coffee but the waiter would not refill our coffees or bring the juice. Why the hotel just doesn't have a coffee urn and a few beverage pitchers is beyond me.
All in all, I was unfavorably reminded of my college backpacking trip to eastern Europe and my stays in some god-awful communist hotels. Not what you would expect in the richest county in the USA!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Leesburg at Historic Carradoc Hall is a unique hotel attached to a stately 1747 mansion home, conveniently located just two miles from Downtown Leesburg s historic district and 12 miles from the Dulles International Airport . This charming hotel offers complimentary high speed wireless and wired Internet access and expanded cable pay per view movies in all of our 122 guest rooms. Experience the area's local attractions: Balls Bluff and other Civil War Battlefields , Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets, Smithsonian museums, and historic Morven Park. Local companies in the area include: Verizon, Telos, the National Conference Center and Xerox Training Center . The 3 Oaks Restaurant at this Leesburg hotel provides a warm and wonderful atmosphere for dining, and Kids Eat Free! . Stay in shape by working out in our fitness center or swimming laps in our seasonal pool. Pets are welcome! Escape the hustle and bustle of the city and meet at The Holiday Inn Leesburg. We offer a relaxed, comfortable setting that is conducive to successful and productive meetings . With Five banquet rooms our hotel is also an ideal location for weddings, reunions, receptions, banquets and conferences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall Hotel Leesburg
- Holiday Inn Carradoc Hall
- Leesburg Holiday Inn