“really helpful with room selection” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
midlothian, virginia
“really helpful with room selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have recently had foot surgery and am on crutches. My husband asked for a handicapped access room, and they were able to provide a room with a handicapped parking space with a few steps into a well decorated room. The bathroom would have easily taken a wheelchair. The
Staff are especially polite, and breakfast is. Included in the reasonable price. it was adequate,
Varied and in buffet form. I had stayed here before, but I can see some improvements since that visit. I will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

this hotel shows that you can't tell a book by it's cover. the exterior is a an interesting attempt to make it match the architecture of old Leesburg. but once you walk into the lobby, you will notice that it's contemporary and well kept. front desk staff were courteous and friendly. my room was modern and very well appointed. large flat screen tv, fridge, work desk, free wi-fi, comfy king bed with soft and firm pillows, easy to control air conditioning, and clean clean clean. it was quiet through the night. There's beer, wine, and sodas for happy hour along with chicken wings (but didn't try them). It's located a few miles from the outlet mall, old Leesburg, and the National Conference Center. There's an Indian restaurant on the property, but didn't try it. Highly recommend Not Your Average Joe's restaurant at the Landsdowne Center off Belmont Ridge Rd.

Room Tip: they honored my request for my room to not be near elevators or the vending room. request to stay o...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear katwim,

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Unlike the area surrounding BWI, the Dulles Airport region doesn't seem to have many inexpensive hotels/motels. I stayed in the Holiday Inn at Carradoc Hall for one night so that I could be at an early morning meeting at Dulles. Although this is one of the least expensive rooms in the area ($95), it was very clean and the room smelled fine. Decent food downstairs and everything was comfortable. Check in and out was quick and painless.

Room Tip: A good option if you need to stay close to dulles. Ask for non-smoking.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Ok so I been here twice. First time I came here there was a little problem. I had a room which smelled so bad. I cannot describe the smell. It smelled like urine and stinky breath. I called the front desk and they were nice enuff to move me to another room but my room faced the pool and some strange guy was painting outside my window which was annoying because he kept making noise and on top of that he can see thru my window this didn't stop me from coming here a second time. Second time around wasn't bad at all. Overall staff are very friendly they make you feel welcome and I enjoy my stay here. I don't mind coming bk again.

• Stayed August 2012
Cumberland, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn, Leesburg as part of a stay and fly program. We read some of the reviews and wondered if those with negative reviews had really stayed at this facility. We were greeted by a friendly and helpful desk clerk - Jacky. We had a great room, clean, fresh and everything worked! We wanted to drive to a nearby restaurant for dinner; Jacky said that Amit would drive us there and pick us up in the shuttle. Thanks Amit. We were lucky enough to be staying a night when the hotel offers drinks and appetizers to its Priority Club members in the lobby. The next morning we had breakfast in the hotel restaurant. It was both excellent and fairly priced. We checked out and arranged for the shuttle to Dulles airport - thanks Deb. Our return trip from the airport was just a phone call away. Parking was easy and convenient. We're staying there again this month for another stay and fly trip. Looking forward to seeing Jacky, Deb and Amit again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnCarradoc, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us via this channel and allowing us to show you a wonderful time during your stay in Leesburg. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
LaBelle, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Front desk clerks, Frances and Debbi, were friendly, professional and helpful. Check-in was quick and easy; check-out was also quick and easy. I found them to be knowledgeable about the hotel and the Leesburg area.

The room was clean and comfortable. The free breakfast was excellent!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
HolidayInnCarradoc, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for you comments, we will share them with our entire team especially Frances and Jacky. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I can truthfully say I expect to never again stay at the Holiday Inn Leesburg (Historic Inn at Carradoc Hall). The 3 Oaks Restaurant there has been converted into an Indian Restaurant (without any real change to the bones of the restaurant - so you can still see the English/Southern manor look it must've had previously), the only place to congregate and grab a drink at midnight is a horrid Hookah Bar that looks and feels like a particularly seedy frat house. Sadly the 'Historic Inn' part of the complex (the old manse) is wasted by this conversion. The rooms need work (the toilet paper holder was falling out of the wall, quite obviously; the fan didn't work, the room was damp, etc), the breakfast staff (understaffed, as well) are absolutely disorganized, and the breakfast buffet itself is a horror.

Just an all-around terrible time. If there's _any_ other option, I know we'll be taking it in the future.

I don't care if the new restaurant and bar make that Holiday Inn more money: The "Historic Inn at Carradoc Hall" name evokes an image that is supremely ill-suited to the current form."

Basically, the site wasn't as much like it's depicted at their site (http://www.holidayinnleesburg.com/) - particularly those fun looking pictures at the bar (http://www.holidayinnleesburg.com/gallery/image25.jpg), as it closed at 11pm (and I'm not entirely sure it even exists anymore in the 'Angeethi Indian Restaurant'); or the 3 Oaks Restaurant (http://www.holidayinnleesburg.com/gallery/image22.jpg), or, as listed under their 'Dining' tab (http://www.holidayinnleesburg.com/leesburg-hotel-dining) but that doesn't actually exist as it's been co-opted to a horrid smelling Indian restaurant (the front sign is even changed, except in the posted pictures!)), and the mansion itself had an, as mentioned above, college frat-boy vibe to it - not only people hanging out on the front lawn at midnight, but gaudy hookah's and paraphernalia on the front porch (and don't get me started on the posted sign).

The rooms _looked_ like in the pictures, minus the included damp air, and poor maintenance (at one point the pool didn't open on time as the only repairman/pool operator was replacing an air conditioner in one of my party's rooms!)

Have I mentioned the truly terrible buffet? It took us more than an hour to make it through, due to poor service (first we couldn't get orange juice, then no coffee, then coffee, but no creamer, then no milk for the cereal, then they were out of eggs on the buffet for 30 minutes, then the waffle mix had a truly odd taste, then nobody could find the maple syrup... It continued that way (and who has _cricket_ running on the TV during breakfast?! I enjoy the odd match when sitting in Helmand with the Brits, but that's on a _Brit_ base with _Brit_ troopers, not _Leesburg, VA_!).

The entire parking lot was packed on our parties return from the wedding site at midnight-1ish. We're guests _at_ the hotel and there's no parking due to the frat house and 'convention' space?! The front desk told a member of our party it was ok for them to park in a handicapped spot. A handicapped spot! Wouldn't have been so silly if that wasn't illegal. We were further told to park in the Fire Lane. <sigh>

As I stated above, it was just a terrible endcap to a great-starting weekend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnCarradoc, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss with you some of the changes we have made since we last spoke in September.
David Brooks (703)771-9200 ext. 422

Been to Holiday Inn Leesburg At Carradoc Hall? Share your experiences!